“Surprisingly nice”

GreenLeadersGold level
Tucson
“Surprisingly nice”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I haven't been in a Courtyard by Marriott in some time, and I must say, this one was very nice. Apparently it's been updated recently and the decor is warm and inviting. The staff were exceptional and they were all very accommodating. I would definitely recommend it-even if not in Scottsdale on business.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool. Serene setting.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your amazing recommendation of our hotel. We appreciate your kind words and are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. I am so proud of all the staff that we have here and hope that they made you feel comfortable and at home with us. We did recently have a complete renovation that updated our guest rooms and public spaces. We hope you come back to visit us again. Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 8 nights for business. It is strictly a business hotel. They are not fully stocked up on food choices at the " Bistro" and towards the end of my stay, I was asking " what do you have?". That being said,the people working at the hotel, were very accommodating and professional.there was a small refrigerator in the room and a coffee maker. As I stated, it is strictly a business hotel not for pleasure or vacation. The television in the room has less channels than the large screen or kiosk televisions in the lobby. All in all it is a Marriott and a good hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you sharing your thoughts on our hotel, the Courtyard By Marriott North Scottsdale. We appreciate that you think we are a great Business Hotel, but we also provide amenities for our Leisure guests as well. While we do have Directv in the lobby for our guests, we have well over 50+ channels in our guest rooms for you to enjoy. Known for our amazing staff and well kept grounds, we would also love for you to visit us again and enjoy the new summer specials we have in our Bistro. Once it gets a little cooler in temperature, we also have our firepit and patio area with a large screen tv outdoors for you to enjoy as well. We look forward to having you back as our guest in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a good basic hotel at a great price. I underestimated how far this hotel is from Fashion Square. It's a hike from there and from the airport but its really cheap. The rooms are a very good size and its right next door to The Village Inn which has the best pies in the world. That could become a problem... I was very pleased with this place. It was super quiet in July and so I had the pool virtually to myself. In the high season, I could imagine that it could become a bit crowded around the pool. The people at the front desk were super friendly and could not have been more considerate and genuine. That's really nice.

• Stayed July 2013
Good Afternoon!! Thank you for sharing about your recent stay at the Courtyard North Scottsdale. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy some relaxing moments in our pool. While we are a 15 drive away from Old Town Scottsdale, we are less than a mile away from stellar shopping in the Kierland Commons & Scottsdale Quarter. During the summer we definitely have lower rates and would love to have you back as our guest soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed here end of April for business - was jetlagged and so the quiet room was appreciated.

The bar/breakfast/diner is small but does what it says on the tin. During the day not much going on at hotel and have to use very small "shop" if you want anything.

The staff were friendly and helpful. Located near stores and restaurants but you need a cra really to take advantage due to the heat!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MetalWarrior
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We appreciate our business guests and are glad that you enjoyed your quiet room. We look forward to having you back as a guest at a future date.
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Scottsdale North for two weeks in June (hot!). This was a business trip, but my daugther and her friend came with me for the first week. I wanted to write this review because the hotel is nice (clean, recently renovated, etc.) but it was really the front desk staff that made our stay so wonderful. While I was working, they assisted my daughter each day with fun plans, arranging shuttles, etc. All of these services are complimentary, but the staff really added value by providing their input on the day's plans, giving directions and welcoming each of us back with a warm smile and Hello each day. This may be their every day service, but for us, it made the week even more special! Thanks to everyone on the front desk staff!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pool, but since we were on the 3rd floor, noise was not an issue at all.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our hotel. We were happy to have you and your daughter as our guests. We feel blessed to have the amazing staff that we do and appreciate when their hard work gets noticed. We will share your positive comments with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Scottsdale.
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I have been to this hotel, and it's neighbor, Springhill Marriott, many time in the last six months. I'm always greeted by very friendly staff. The rooms are suite-like, with a living room area, office desk, fridge, and microwave. The cost has been very reasonable with breakfast included in the price. Also, if you need to get anywhere in Scottsdale, it's very conveniently located, close to Loop 101.

• Stayed June 2013
Courtyard N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are elated that you enjoyed your time here with us and our sister property, Springhill Suites. With summer heat coming, we are happy to provide excellent service with affordable rates. It was our pleasure to have had you as our guest and we welcome you back anytime.
Provo, Utah
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I came to Scottsdale, AZ for a baby shower for my best friends daughter. It was such a lovely stay. I enjoyed coming into a clean, nice smelling room; and every time I had a question or needed something from the front desk I always got the answer I needed and quick room service. The front desk girl was such a sweetie. She always remembers my name and has such a beautiful smile. She was there the last time I visited Scottsdale for a wedding and I feel bad I do not remember her name but she was fantastic! This Courtyard is by far the best Courtyard Marriott I have stayed in, and I have stayed in many Courtyards nationwide.

Green Features: You can ask for a plastic cup at the front desk if you don't like the glass cups.. thats what I did.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to share some feedback with us. We definitely appreciate your wonderful review. We are incredibly pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our recently renovated Courtyard. Our staff works hard to make sure that each of our guests feel comfortable and well attended to. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to serve you again sometime in the future.