“Recently renovated and excellent service!”

Courtyard Scottsdale North
Ranked #51 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersGold level
Chandler, Arizona
“Recently renovated and excellent service!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I'm writing this review in my room. I am moving and my new place won't be ready for a few days. I just needed a crash pad, but with 10+ years in hospitality I'm a hotel snob and prefer 4 star and above. It's spring training here in the Scottsdale area and rates sky rocket, but I bid $60 on Priceline and won this gem! I was excited when I saw the pics and my expert eye told me this is an older courtyard that has been recently renovated. Checkin was amazing. You may wonder how checkin can be amazing, but when you checkin with an opaque booking source, you are at the mercy of the front desk. Having been a front desk manager, I've often pre-blocked opaque reservations in less desirable rooms on busy nights. Here it wasn't even a concern. I asked for a king bed, got it. I asked if I could have a room with a balcony. No problem! The gentleman at the front desk even asked me what floor I preferred! When I got to my room I discovered I had a view of the courtyard area! The color pattern is a lot of red and it's absolutely fabulous! I love the couch, which is a pullout as well. There's a mini fridge too. The property itself is great! I love the open layout and there's a counter with Starbucks coffee available. I'm just very impressed. Every employee I encounter offers a warm smile and anticipate needs. Marriott owns Ritz Carlton and the employees that work here must have been trained at one because the service is five star all the way. The bed is a little hard, but I'm not going to knock it because I slept a full 8 hours and that is rare for me in a hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank jclark702
Courtyard N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us this feedback. We pride ourselves in treating all of our guests equally and appreciate you confirming this! Spring training is certainly our busiest time of year and hope that you were able to enjoy a game! Thank you for being our guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Surprise
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Love the hotel! They really took care of us. We stayed for the weekend and didn't miss our bed at home because it was so comfortable and Great stay with great staff and a lovely, clean and beautiful room! I will stay again very soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank laura c
Courtyard N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you soo much for choosing our newly renovated hotel as your place of choice. Our staff works hard to make sure that each guest receives great service and enjoys their time with us. We look for ward to your next visit to the city of Scottsdale!
Conway, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I LOVE this hotel. It's so easy to get to from the Airport and then to any place in Phoenix. The rooms are very comfortable and the beds are great. The food at the bistro is really good. The salads are large and the soups are hearty. Breakfast is wholesome and very good value. Above all the staff is wonderful and very helpful. I try to get room 102 or 103 as it's at the end of the hall and really quiet. WalMart is right next door so you can find anything you forgot to bring. Old Scottsdale is just a few blocks away too......

Room Tip: Get the oatmeal for Breakfast... so good.
2 Thank Tonya M
Courtyard N, Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the amazing review! We are glad that you have had the opportunity to try our new amenities and to get to know our staff. We strive for our familiar faces and appreciate the repeat business! Please come and visit us again soon.

PS. Our Signature Oatmeal is a staff favorite as well!
WASHINGTON
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

The staff at this Courtyard was beyond great! Friendly greetings both coming and going. Nice clean and maintained facilities. Great gathering areas...especially liked the fire pit and outdoor TV lounge. We were there during the Barrett Jackson auto auction so had lively conversation with car enthusiasts around the fire pit. There was some confusion when two women on staff brought big platters of unordered chicken wings and potstickers to us at the fire pit...on the house!! Only one slight negative, and its just personal preference, I only book places with fitness centers whenever possible, and there was one, but I hated the elliptical's there...Precore...but if you like that brand no problems.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KellySGD
Thank you very much for the response! Our staff is a strongest quality and appreciate that being recognized! We are glad that you got to enjoy our new firepit as well. On future visits, we are also parterned with Lifetime Fitness and can certainly offer you free admission there for many workout choices! Please visit us again soon!
Manchester, Missouri
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good Marriott Courtyard hotel. Staff at this hotel is some of the Best! Workout room has a good variety of equipment in good condition. Pool and patio area very nice with a gas fire pit and outdoor television with a nice seating area surrounding it. Staff in Bistro very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill this out. We look forward to the feedback. We are very glad that you had the opportunity to visit our new public space and enjoy our amenities! We look forward to your next visit with us!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Whenever I business travel to Scottsdale, I always stay at this location. The staff (especially Tiffany &Tabitha) are always great where the hotel itself is always well kept and immaculate. The cafe is convenient and has a lot of options. The gym also provides ample options - I use it often - even though the hotel allows for access to a full service gym (a few blocks away) is available to all guests.

2 Thank w206
Thank you very much for your great review! We appreciate your feedback and value our staff as well. It is so nice to see when we are recognized. We are glad that you have enjoyed taking advantage of our newly renovated fitness room. We do value our relationship with Lifetime Fitness and hope you have the opportunity to try that out in the future. Please come visit us again on a future visit!
Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This a a typical Courtyard setup, but this location has an excellent staff. Very friendly and helpful. Nice pool and deck area, nice workout room, nice bar! The room was well appointed and clean. Very comfortable. We will definitely stay here again when in the Scottsdale area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank catbacker79
Courtyard N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your great review. Your comments mean a lot to us and help us provide even better service for our guests, so I will certainly share your kind comments with our staff. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed some of our ammenities such as the pool, bar and workout facility. We look forward to being able to serve you again in the future.