Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - North
Ranked #73 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
El Paso, Texas, United States
“spent a week”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

No frills motel - no extras of any kind. But the price was the best in Scottsdale. Staff was friendly and helpful. Kitchen was well equipped. Frig was clean and had plenty of room. Price attracts bottom feeders, smokers, etc. That's the downside. It's not a family place - it's for working people or, in our case, patients at the Mayo Clinic.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hadley R
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - North, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our staff took care of your needs and you found the room clean and comfortable. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I booked this hotel for 1 night thinking it would at least be decent. Well, I was sorry I did after entering my room. The furniture is old, peeling and the place is noisy. There is no shampoo and conditioner which is standard for hotels. I was on the second floor and some folks above me were fighting, screaming and stomping on the floor to the point that I could feel the vibration in my room. If you REALLY need something cheap then this hotel is for you but don't expect anything more than that. It was quite sad to see a hotel of such poor quality in North Scottsdale near the Keirland shopping area which is an upscale area.

Room Tip: Can't think of any.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank S S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet all of your needs. To prevent this from happening again, my team has reviewed your comments and we are making plans to correct the issues you brought up. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pxa@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Scottsdale hotels

Lafayette, Colorado
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My dad and I road-tripped down to stay for a few nights and catch a few Spring Training games. The address listed on hotels.com, Google, and several other sites directed us to an empty lot, though a quick phone call got us the last two miles. The room itself was comfortable, and equipped with a small kitchenette (microwave, full-sized fridge and freezer, and various pots, pans, and eating utensils). The remote for the TV didn't work, even after the desk clerk gave us new batteries, but that wasn't a deal breaker. The area was also nice, convenient to the highway (AZ-101), a mini-golf course, and several restaurants. Free WiFi was provided, which is surprisingly rare these days. The price was cheap, and accommodations were commensurate with price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Weston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Apparently some previous reviewers are ignorant of the extended stay motel concept. These places are not loaded with amenities, they don't have daily maid service. They are aimed towards those of us working in an area for a while who just seek the basics at a low price.

This place was very satisfactory for that category. It is located in an office park not easily seen from the main street (N. Scottsdale Rd.), but there is no road noise and lots of parking. A basic small office; after 11pm you use an outdoor phone to call a person to check you in or whatever. Rooms are basic Motel 6 type but with a kitchenette for those who want to cook for themselves; but there are many resturants nearby from McDonalds to Mortons, Capital Grill, etc. A 24 hour Dennys about 1 mile S.

My room was clean and comfortable, smelled clean (I'm a non-smoker), everything worked OK and my rate per night with no discounts was $49.99 plus $7.47 in taxes = $57.46. There was no shampoo, but I lived to tell the tale.There is a charge of $4.99 for WiFi which had a strong signal on my iPhone (the $4.99 is for each stay regardless of how long the stay is). You can bring your towels to the office and get new ones any time, for $5 they'll reset your room with your existing sheets, for $10 they'll fully reset your room. Rooms with one pet allowed are $25 extra a night up to a max of $150.

PS: for those just horrified by this place there's a Four Seasons just up the street starting at $350 a night.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Lawrence S
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed March 5, 2011

When traveling on a budget, one likes to find a nice place to staywithout having to spend a fortune. This place fits that bill perfectly. While this hotel is an older one, it has been kept up nicely by the operators. When I first arrived, I was greeted witha smile, and the Front Desk staffed really seemed happy I had chosen to stay at their hotel. The lobby is small, and there were several other guests waiting to check in, and even though I had to wait to check in, the staff was effieceint, and really hustled to get to everybody as quickly as possible. When I finally I got checked in and got to the room I discovered the room had yet to be cleaned. The staff was very apolgetic, and corrected the situation as quick as they could, but the room they transfered me to had wet carpet. I must have caught them on carpet cleaning day! The room itself was adequate. Nothng too fancy, but clean and comfortable. A real great value for the money. They do not provide a daily housekeeping service, which is okay. Even at home I don;t change the linens every day, so that was not a big deal. Staying just a few days, it worked out nicely. There is one major drawback, though. Their address shows them on Scottsdale Road,but they are actually on a side street, about a block from the major street,making it hard to find. A great value for the money, and prossibly the cheapest rates in Scottsdale.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ArizonaKnightWolf
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - North, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Scottsdale. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Clinton Township, MI
Reviewed March 1, 2011

I wish I had read the Feb 13 review before we checked in. This will teach me. Upon checking in we were informed that there is no maid service so we would have to bring dirty towels back to the office each day to exchange for new ones. This was the highlight of my stay. We opened the door to the nastiest smelling room imaginable. The carpets were so dirty i was afraid for my new shoes. The mattresses (smaller than double, I believe) appeared to be sitting on plywood frames and squeaked upon each move throughout the endless nights. The residents next door seemed permanent and played guitar hero until 3 a.m. Of course, there were no amenities, not even a plastic cup in the bathroom to brush your teeth. I won't even mention the cracked mirror, sticky bathroom floor or no shower curtain liner.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank jlamb
SLC Utah
Reviewed February 13, 2011

This place is old and tired. The room smelled like an ashtray. Bed was hard and smelly. Room was dirty in general. Bathroom was terrible. No shampoo, no amenities. Place is noisy, maids are noisy and the staff could care less. Stay away from this place. It's a dump.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank csolsen2
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - North, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Scottsdale. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.