“Very dissatisfied with service”

Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale Old Town
Ranked #22 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Scottsdale, United States
“Very dissatisfied with service”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I paid a premium price for a jacuzzi suite for my wife and I's anniversary. The jacuzzi did not work, I reported it to the desk and they said sorry sir but it is the only room we have available. I asked for a discount and was told sorry we do not give discounts. I pointed to the satisfaction guarantee sign and was told well sir we are doing what we can for you, but there are no other rooms to move you to. I was not happy about it but was dead set to make the best of my stay and figured we could use the hot tub by the pool. The hot tub at the pool barely made bubbles then would erupt like a geyser for a moment then be calm for 10 minutes then erupt for another moment. I mentioned this to the desk and was just given a dismissive ok thanks and the gentleman walked away. I came down for a bagel and juice my first morning and was charged $10.53 for it. I can go to a Super 8 motel for $39 a night and get a bagel and juice for free, I was speechless to pay that astronomical price, and did not go down the following morning for anything; we went to eat off site. It was our first time to a Hilton and pretty sure with that impression it will be the last time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGISCOTTSDALE, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale Old Town, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Shawn, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I cannot apologize enough for your most recent experience at our hotel. It seems that we fell short in upholding the high level of service we strive for. I would like to learn more about your stay. I have researched your visit and asked our Cheif Engineer to evaluate the jacuzzi. Please contact me at your convenience as we wish to invite you back for the romantic stay you had planned for. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Thank you for your review.
Afsaneh Torres
Director of Sales
480-627-7311

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Rochester, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The front desk seemed insensitive when I complained about hotel guests returning from their Saturday night partying at 2:45a. I didn't have to wake for my early morning flight home from business travel until 5:15a, but decided to leave at 4a because I couldn't get back to sleep, It was too noisy! Also, 2nd floor room right off Indian School Road too noisy with traffic.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so sorry that you did not enjoy a great night's rest and that other guests impacted your stay. We try our very best to ensure that guests are not disturbed being especially sensitive to hours in the evening. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to accomdoate you. I would be happy to ensure that you are in a very quiet and relaxing area of the hotel. Please feel free to contact myself or another manager directly to arrange for your next visit. We hope to see you again soon.
Afsaneh Torres
Director of Sales
480-627-7311
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great location in Old Town Scottsdale, within walking distance to shops and restaurants. The room was clean and comfortable, staff friendly and helpful. A nice breakfast with part buffet and part made to order.
Underground parking is good too in the heat.

This is the 3rd time we have stayed here and will stay again if in Scottsdale.

1 Thank lovetoholiday2007
Atlanta
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The motel was clean and modern. The staff was great. I was able to check in very quickly and check out quickly. The breakfast was very good with good service. The suite had plenty of room and was very quiet. I used the pantry to buy food and drinks. I plan to stay here again on my trips.

London
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Not as easy to find as you would think. Although the address is E Indian School Rd, I saw no sign as we came in from the Pima Freewway and had to go round the block. In fact the entrance is on N Buckboard Trail.
Once you have found it they have a spacious underground car park, with an elevator up to the lobby. Check in was fine. Hotel lobby bright and airy. Room roomy and clean. Big flat screen HDTV. Bathroom fine. Good free wifi. Easy to log in.
Someone else mentioned that they try and charge you for breakfast. It was clear from my deal with Expedia that breakfast was included in the price, yet after you have served yourself a waiter brought me a chit to sign. I refused and he went away without much of a challenge. Made me wonder whether if they try it on with everyone?
Good outdoor pool.
The best think about the hotel is the location. Old Town Scottsdale is literally across the road and the Art District and 5th Ave shops are just a block away.
But despite the small downsides we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't face E Indian School Rd to cut out traffic noise.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Excellent service, staff very helpful and welcoming. Perfect location, few minutes walking distance from old town, close driving distance to beautiful Desert Botanical Garden. Easy, convenience 20 min. drive to Phoenix airport

Central New Jersey
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel ended up being the perfect place for the last night of a vacation. It is within walking distance to many of the restaurants and shops in the Old Town area, making a night of bar hopping easy and enjoyable. The hotel itself is clean, comfortable and modern with all of the standard ammenities to be expected of the Hilton chain of hotels. I enjoyed the nice outdoor pool, especially considering the sweltering heat! The staff was also friendly and accomodating.