“Nice Hotel Stay with a great breakfast”

Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale Old Town
Ranked #24 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I travel to the Phoenix/Scottsdale area often on business and so I have had the opportunity to experience several hotel locations in the area. The Hilton Garden Inn was my latest on the list.

Check in was quick, brief and friendly - just the way I like it. They upgraded me to a King 1 bedroom (perhaps since I am a Hilton Diamond?). The room was spacious and was laid out in a nice configuration. The bedding seemed a bit dated for Hilton but was decent and comfortable. The furniture was standard and the room was of average cleanliness.

The bathroom tub was a jacuzzi which was a nice touch even if I never have time to use such things during business travel. The water pressure was slightly above average for Scottsdale hotels which was nice. The tub was quite slippery however which is probably why they included a bathmat.

From my room, I could see the hotel pool which was pretty standard for a HGI. Don't expect a resort here.

My only slight issue with the hotel was the amount of street noise off of the busy roads the hotel is beside. I suppose given its close proximity to Old Town this is to be expected.

The morning breakfast (included as a Hilton Diamond) was fantastic. The omelet chef did a great job and also made me a couple of plump fluffy pancakes. It would have been nice if the waitstaff came around a bit more often to refill my juice and coffee though.

All in all a decent stay, I may frequent this establishment again.

Room Tip: Make sure to use the bathmat when taking a shower!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank leesh96
HGISCOTTSDALE, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Thank you for selecting the HGI Scottsdale Old Town for your most recent trip to Scottsdale/Phoenix. Perhaps a room facing our relaxing courtyard would be a better choice for your next stay, please let us know when you return so that we can ensure that you have a beautiful, peaceful room waiting for you. Also, thank you for being a Diamond Member, we appreciate your loyalty to Hilton.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale Old Town

Reviewed January 30, 2012

A convenient location if you want to spend time in Old Town Scottsdale. It is also easy to get everywhere else in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area.

It is a nice business class hotel. Amenities include a swimming pool & hot tub.

This is not a resort hotel. But if you want a nice play to stay at a decent price the Hilton Garden Inn is a very good value.

Room Tip: There is a bit of traffic noise. If you are a light sleeper ask for a room that isn't on the st...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello from HGI Scottsdale! Thank you for selecting our hotel for your accommodation needs. We are so glad you enjoyed our property. We pride ourselves in offering full service outlets such as a full service restaurant, bar and resort style pool. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Hubby had a business conference in Scottsdale so we stayed in one of his repeat favorite Hiltons, Old Town. I tagged along for a change of scenery, finding this location to be central to everything we wanted to do. I was able to walk right across the street to explore Old Town!
The complimentary breakfast buffet was excellent, and the pool looked lovely but it was too chilly for a dip. Our room was nice but the first loor location faced trffic, was dark, would have preferred a higher floor. Convenient parking garage for guests was another plus.

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor away from street noise would be a plus.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank snivvy
Reviewed December 22, 2011

My wife and I have stayed 10 days at this hotel for the past 6 years in a row on our annual February anniversary getaway. We've looked aroung for other options, but keep coming back. We stay in the King Superior Suite, which is nice size and very comfortable for a 10-day stay. Here are some of the reasons we make this hotel our regular destination. 1) Great location - 1 block from Old Scottsdale, which has many great shops and restaurants/Fashion Square Mall is a short drive up Scottsdale road; 2) it has a very nice pool which is perfectly oriented to be in the sun the entire day. The pools at other hotels are in the shade for parts of the day; 3) the breakfast buffet is fabulous and the in-hotel restaurant has pretty decent food; 4) free parking in an underground ramp; 5) fitness center is nice with three flat screen tvs; 6) during the first and second week of February we mostly have the pool to ourselves/kids are rarely present; 7) Starbucks one block away, though free coffee is available in the lobby of the hotel; 8) the desk and restaurant staff are very friendly; 9) King Superior suite has 1-1/2 bathrooms. 10) manager willing to negotiate room price for longer regular stays for Hilton Honors members. These pluses offset a few of the minuses: A) the shower stall in the very large King Superior bathroom is inexplicably too small, B) newly installed flatscreens are too small for this level hotel, C) light levels in the living room are too low; D) closet space is too small for extended stays/need an additional closet or closet furniture piece (there is plenty of room for it). Nonetheless, these minor irritations aren't going to keep us from returning in February 2012.

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevator are quiter. Rooms just above bar may encounter noise on weekends.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SpringfieldGuy
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This is not a bad property if you want close access to Old-Town Scottsdale. It's clean, nice and convenient. It is a Garden Inn, though, so you don't have any of the "resort" type amenities. While there is a pool, it is right by a road. We've stayed here often for business trips, but I would not recommend this hotel for family or romantic trips. There are many more resort properties in Scottsdale to choose from. But, for a night or two for business, its an easy choice.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Our second visit to one of these properties during arecent vacation and most likely the last. As stated before the location is bang on excellent and the hotel is easy to find with good access from all the area attractions and highways.
We dedected a bit of a slap-happy approach towards customer care. Dirty linen and crockery was lying in the corridors at all times of the day. Our room was nice and quiet but my wife was concerned about the state of the bedlinen when we checked in. It looked used but the front desk staff assured us that they just do not iron/press the linen. It did not smell though and we took their word for it. Coffee for the coffee maker in the room was not replenished in the mornings.
Luckily one can walk to the restauarants, etc of Scttsdale Old Town but I have noticed some hotels nearby which I would try should I ever wish to come to this area again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shakyjowls
HGISCOTTSDALE, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

We appreciate this feedback as it allows us to correct the concerns mentioned. We pride ourselves in offering the highest level of cleaniness standards and service at the hotel. We apologize that the coffee was not replished each morning, we will ensure that this is taking place consistently. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you to demonstrate our desire to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

I have stayed here several times for work (most recently in October). First, the good: the location is great, in walking distance to restaurants and shopping in Old Town (and there's a Starbucks about a block away--the free coffee in the hotel is awful). The hotel breakfast looked pretty good (didn't eat it, but several co-workers did and all said the made to order omelets and fruit selection were both good). The hotel has a pool and a hot tub and the gym, while small, was very nice and clean (I believe they also have some kind of a deal with the NY Sports Club nearby if you prefer more equipment). The staff were always very friendly and even "upgraded" me to a suite because of my Hilton Honors Status. There was a business center where we were able to print out our return boarding passes and also a small shop in the hotel with convenience items. Now the not as good: the rooms themselves. The furnishings and carpet have definitely seen better days, the lighting was very dark, and the bed linens desperately need to be replaced (I wouldn't even use the comforter it looked so old and lumpy). The 3/5 is definitely because of the room. Even some new linens on the bed would go a long way. If I had to pick, I'd go to the Courtyard across the street (was unavailable for my last trip), but this is a fine option, too, if you don't get your expectations too high.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to offer this feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed our location and all that we have to offer. The comforters do have a "cloud like" design that may appear as lumpy, we are pleased to share that we are replacing this design with a more chic and traditional comforter. I hope to have the opportunity to accomodate your future stay in our hotel so that you can experience the changes made. Please feel free to call me directly to make your arrangements, 480-627-7311. Thank you again for your time and consideration.