I was in Scottsdale during the very busy auction week and the Extended Stay Deluxe was reasonably close to Barrett-Jackson and the 101 and 51 freeways. Here's a list of good and bad starting with the good.
*The parking was plentiful all around the hotel. It was uncovered, but almost all places in this price are.
* The room was only $130 for each night (Thurs- Sat) and the next lowest priced hotel was over $220/night. It came with a small kitchen with utensils, plates, cookware, small microwave, stove top and good sized refrigerator. It had a small sofa, work desk, TV and stand, queen bed.
* The bathroom was not outdated and had an adjustable showerhead at the proper 6 foot height with good water pressure.
*Check-in was easy and there's a small area for the free breakfasts (which I didn't use)
* The pool area looked nice, with lots of lounges and they even had a picnic area with a gas grill. It was too cold to go swimming but in warm weather I could see hanging out there.
* The worse thing about this place was the walls were paper thin! I had neighbors get in late and when they were talking I thought they were inside my room! Everytime anyone entered or exited their rooms I could hear their doors automatically slam shut! I also couldn't turn on the huge A/C to mask the noise because it was also way too noisy! I would never stay here in summer unless they put me in a room with updated, quiet air conditioning.
* The thin walls also let in the smell of cigarette smoke, which is still allowed in Arizona apparently.
* When I got into bed the first night and pulled back the covers there were 2 long, black hairs on the bed sheet. I don't have too much of a problem with that but I know some people would and I have never seen that before even in motels at half the price.
* There was no dresser to put my clothes in, only one shelf in the dressing area. The closet had no door, just half a shelf at waist level and a shelf up high that was full with extra pillows, blankets and towels. I ended up putting my suitcase on half of the sofa and dressing in front of it.
* The towels were also very thin and rough. Not something I was expecting
* If you don't stay a full week there is no maid service and they don't change the linen or towels. For me this was actually a PLUS, because I don't like wasting water on washing sheets and towels every day and I don't need strangers in my room when I'm not there. There's also no lotions or shampoos in the rooms - only bar soaps.
But once again some people might find that odd at these prices.
If I had to stay here again I would have to request the most quiet room, make sure the air conditioner is quiet and have plenty of sleeping pills to get through the night.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay Deluxe Phoenix/Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Extended Stay Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Extended Stay