“Job Well Done!”

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale
Ranked #71 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Our company's schedule changed at the last minute. We had a couple of jobs come up and I had 3 employees that needed to head up to to the Scottsdale area. My plan was to reserve them rooms at the Extended Stay America where they've stayed before for out of town jobs. I was instructed to find a place where all 3 of them could stay in one room and stay for 3 nights. This particular hotel only had studios,however, they referred me over to the Extended Stay Deluxe which was only a couple miles away. They were helpful and provided with what we needed and what I asked for. The crew got what they needed to get done and I asked them how their room/stay was and they told me, "Job well done, it was perfect!".
Thank you ESD!

Room Tip: I looked up online to view and see my options, however, I felt more assured in my decision after spe...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience with Extended Stay Deluxe Phoenix - Scottsdale. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for your employees, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you and your crew here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Please do not fool people claiming you provide free breakfast. There is no breakfast (if coffee and some muffins bought from Walmart is not your definition of a breakfast). The rooms were pretty good, there is a small fee for changing/freshening up your linen, trash etc (which I am guessing is common for any extended stay). Again, you need to pay $10/day for a full clean up where as freshening up is $3/day. Nobody will wash your dishes; they do provide dishwasher and liquid. If you want to hand wash, you need to get your dish washing liquid from outside. There is TV and a DVD player, I was using redbox from nearby Fry's for some days of my leisure. Did not try the pool or the gym (not sure if they even have a gym). With all this said, the rooms were pretty spacious with a huge refrigerator and very good staff members too. The free wifi speed is so-so (you can upgrade to faster speeds if you are willing to spend more money out of your pocket).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to publish a review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Phoenix - Scottsdale. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service and clean and comfortable accommodations, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff and your room.

We never want a guest to feel like his or her concerns go unheard, so I would like to take this opportunity to address your comments regarding the breakfast. I certainly understand your desire for more items on our Deluxe Mornings(tm) menu. Our current offerings are not designed to be a full blown breakfast, but more of an expanded coffee bar. We advertise it as just that, because we don't want anyone to be disappointed when they discover we don't have a full breakfast. Our Deluxe Mornings(tm) items include gourmet coffee, muffins, bagels, and fresh fruit. I wish that we had been able to communicate better to you exactly what we offer.

I apologize that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Was scared by last year's reviews, but encouraged by recent ones. Place was clean and carpeting in our unit, 207, looked new. Plates, glasses, cutlery, pots and pans and cooking utensils provided Need to bring your own dishwashing soap. Quiet room A/C. Bathroom is small and if sitting on toilet, the door will hit you knees. Vanity is big. Because all units have outside entrance, some noises in morning from other guests dragging their luggage to stairs. Close to shopping and about 5 miles to grocery store. Very good value for the area.

Room Tip: There is one elevator but it could be a long way from your room. Stairs are faster but it could be...
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Phoenix/Scottsdale. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Was in a very excellent mood that morning. Went down to get the free coffee. I had no coffee in the room to brew so I brought the coffee pot down to the free continental breakfast. I filled the pot and a extra cup. I was waiting for the elevator and the next thing I know I was being reprimanded by Vince the clerk for filling my coffee pot. Made me feel like who is this guy. Free continental breakfast and being put in a bad mood for the start of the day. This guy needs some people skills. Overall the place is ok if you don't have to deal with Vince the jerk clerk. What I couldn't believe was that he was outside smoking a cigarette and saw me and had to re-enter the building just to rag on me. I am just lucky to have a even temperament. Not the way to start the day. So if you decide to say at this location make sure you have a even temperament also.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brian L
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Phoenix - Scottsdale. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed January 27, 2011

Location was very convenient to the Barrett-Jackson Auction at West World; 15 minutes tops, without paying excessive room charges. Location is also within 10-15 minutes of Shopping Malls, restaurants, and grocery stores, and golf courses. We booked 2 double beds and were very pleased with the size of the room, kitchenette and bathroom. Room was clean including bathroom and kitchenette pots/pans and dishes, microwave, refrigerator, and sink. Room was very quiet even though we were next to the pool. AC worked perfectly. And large HD TV swiveled between sitting area and sleeping area. Receptionists were professional and able to provide us with printed Google Maps to any location. We definitely will stay here next time we are in Scottsdale. If you are going to the Barrett-Jackson Auction please book your room early as during Auction Week we saw at least 3 instances of people looking for accomodation and Extended Stay Deluxe was full. Extended Stay Deluxe does not provide room service for less than 7 days stay unless you request it - minor additional charge. Nor do they provide lotions/shampoo, etc. in the bathroom. Very minor exceptions to the "rule" in our opinion.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2010

My stay was true money for value . Service was exellent .

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2010

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Phoenix - Scottsdale. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed July 26, 2010

This hotel smells like it has been flooded or vomited in. The room was especially bad. I though I would try, then the air con stopped. Front desk said maintenence was gone for the day. If I could move rooms, why not just move hotels?
It is cheap, but you get what you don't pay for
NEVER bring kids here, unless you are homeless

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank trn888
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
Encanto
Courtyard Phoenix Chandler
#13 of 33 in Chandler
Hilton Phoenix Chandler
#4 of 33 in Chandler

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale? Share your experiences!