Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale
Ranked #71 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Was scared by last year's reviews, but encouraged by recent ones. Place was clean and carpeting in our unit, 207, looked new. Plates, glasses, cutlery, pots and pans and cooking utensils provided Need to bring your own dishwashing soap. Quiet room A/C. Bathroom is small and if sitting on toilet, the door will hit you knees. Vanity is big. Because all units have outside entrance, some noises in morning from other guests dragging their luggage to stairs. Close to shopping and about 5 miles to grocery store. Very good value for the area.

Room Tip: There is one elevator but it could be a long way from your room. Stairs are faster but it could be...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Phoenix/Scottsdale. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Was in a very excellent mood that morning. Went down to get the free coffee. I had no coffee in the room to brew so I brought the coffee pot down to the free continental breakfast. I filled the pot and a extra cup. I was waiting for the elevator and the next thing I know I was being reprimanded by Vince the clerk for filling my coffee pot. Made me feel like who is this guy. Free continental breakfast and being put in a bad mood for the start of the day. This guy needs some people skills. Overall the place is ok if you don't have to deal with Vince the jerk clerk. What I couldn't believe was that he was outside smoking a cigarette and saw me and had to re-enter the building just to rag on me. I am just lucky to have a even temperament. Not the way to start the day. So if you decide to say at this location make sure you have a even temperament also.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brian L
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Phoenix - Scottsdale. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed January 27, 2011

Location was very convenient to the Barrett-Jackson Auction at West World; 15 minutes tops, without paying excessive room charges. Location is also within 10-15 minutes of Shopping Malls, restaurants, and grocery stores, and golf courses. We booked 2 double beds and were very pleased with the size of the room, kitchenette and bathroom. Room was clean including bathroom and kitchenette pots/pans and dishes, microwave, refrigerator, and sink. Room was very quiet even though we were next to the pool. AC worked perfectly. And large HD TV swiveled between sitting area and sleeping area. Receptionists were professional and able to provide us with printed Google Maps to any location. We definitely will stay here next time we are in Scottsdale. If you are going to the Barrett-Jackson Auction please book your room early as during Auction Week we saw at least 3 instances of people looking for accomodation and Extended Stay Deluxe was full. Extended Stay Deluxe does not provide room service for less than 7 days stay unless you request it - minor additional charge. Nor do they provide lotions/shampoo, etc. in the bathroom. Very minor exceptions to the "rule" in our opinion.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2010

My stay was true money for value . Service was exellent .

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2010

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Phoenix - Scottsdale. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed July 26, 2010

This hotel smells like it has been flooded or vomited in. The room was especially bad. I though I would try, then the air con stopped. Front desk said maintenence was gone for the day. If I could move rooms, why not just move hotels?
It is cheap, but you get what you don't pay for
NEVER bring kids here, unless you are homeless

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank trn888
Reviewed March 31, 2010

When we arrived we were very nicely welcomed by a very nice girl behind the counter. We have no complaints about staff.
The hotel is outdated and old and surely not worth the name Deluxe.
The carpet in the room was very very dirty and when you walked barefoot, your feet will look like you walked a coal mine.
Airco is superload and can't be turned on during the night. The freezer is even loader when it cools. The kitchen is even more outdated then the hotel and there is almost no kitchen wear. We had three plates, two forks, two old dull knifes, two spoons from different size, one pan and one pot. That was it. Nothing else. I had to go out and buy a sharp knife to cut veggies or meat. No oven, just a microwave. and a terrible cookplate that heated too hot or not at all...
The bed was really bad. The mattress was hard and i could feel the springs in my back.
The smell in the elevator is terrible and it is very dirty overall in the hotel. Breakfast buffet is a laugh. Three pots of coffee and some donuts and rolls. A few pieces of fruit. All stuffed in a little one square meter room...
It was not a good hotel, the idea is good. They need a new cleaning lady and new equipment.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank felien28
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2010

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Phoenix - Scottsdale. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Reviewed March 24, 2010

Only one bedroom! So one people sleep on the carpet.
Smelly Carpet!
There is kitchen inside, that is good!

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
Encanto
Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North
Courtyard Phoenix Chandler
#13 of 34 in Chandler
Phoenix Airport Marriott
#62 of 174 in Phoenix
Hilton Phoenix Chandler
#4 of 34 in Chandler

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale? Share your experiences!