“Exactly what I needed!”

SpringHill Suites Scottsdale North
Ranked #55 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I did extensive searches before booking this hotel because I had very specific needs. I was traveling there on business and really needed a safe, clean, and welcome haven at the end of the hard day. From very moment I arrived early evening on Saturday 6/1, I was greeted with a wonderful smile from behind the front desk and each 5 days that followed I was treated with the same kindness. There is a presence there, you feel like every need will be taken seriously. As I mentioned above, I really read a lot and did many extensive searches because I wanted something quiet, calm, clean and safe at the end of what I knew would be some busy and tough business days. I am so happy I booked with Spring Hill. I got a very fair rate by booking on their own online site, for which I pre-paid. I will admit I was a little nervous about this pre-payment, but after the extensive research I had done, I thought I would take the chance; I am happy I did. This hotel was so clean, so friendly, and beyond accommodating I would stay there again IN A MINUTE! The nights were quiet; the complimentary morning breakfast was perfect with hot waffles, sausage, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit, English muffins, bagels, pastries, and a lovely selection of hot teas, coffee, and juice. The Manager was so friendly and approachable, I had occasion to speak with her for a moment. All in all, when I travel back to this area for work or holiday, it is certain I will stay here again. I have stayed all over the world and I am just so over big resorts with huge resort fees that I never use. What appeals to me now is location, friendly and on sight approachable staff that truly care, rooms that are ready upon check in (and don't make you wait for hours) exceptional housekeeping staff with immaculate cleaning of this room (seriously every day I returned my room was tip top clean and ready, not always the case with other hotels because they are too huge and busy) The list goes on. If you cannot tell, I felt lucky to have stayed here, LOL. It was the perfect end and beginning to each day! Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Springhill_Suites_N, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

We are delighted that you are so happy with your stay with us. We are extremely proud of our staff, and we thank you very much for recognizing their outstanding customer service. Our housekeeping department works very hard, and is very detail oriented. We are happy to have the opportunity to share your glowing review with them. We enjoyed having you in the hotel, and look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Scottsdale North

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I agree with Todd M's comments about the staff. I love this hotel for spotless cleanliness (two stays, multiple days each stay) and but especially the wonderful customer service from front desk/ guest services. They're good at helping you find best routes for wherever you're going, and locate services they don't offer. During my first stay, I needed to ship something, and they pointed me to a nearby shipping options, and found an empty box and packing tape for me to use. I travel a lot, and found both stays flawless.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Springhill_Suites_N, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! We are so glad the staff was able to assist you with your directions and shipping needs. We are delighted that you were happy with the cleanliness of the hotel, and the customer service we provided. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Springhill suites in North Scottsdale is a wonderful hotel. Though they are limited service, the hotel had great amenities including a nice pool, fitness center, and great breakfast. The location is unbeatable. If you are in Scottsdale for entertainment, you will not find a better location. 5 minutes will get you to the best shopping and dining the area has to offer. The rooms are very nice and extremely clean! Nothing compares to their service though. I work in the hotel industry and have to say this hotel has one of the best front desk staffs I have encountered. Extremely friendly and helpful. The entire hotel staff from front desk, housekeeping, and the shuttle driver, were all incredible. Kudos to the GM for hiring such an all star staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and enjoyed the amenities of the hotel! Thank you so much for recognizing our team, they truly are our greatest asset. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We've stayed frequently at Springhill Suites and particularly love the newer ones. We stayed at this property a couple of times before it was remodeled and enjoyed it but thought it was slightly dated. Now it has the look and feel of the newer properties and we loved it. Kudos to the front desk who immediately handled a situation with a barking dog on our floor.............one phone call and it was taken care of. We'll definitely come back here............it is a nice place and a great value.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Desertbluff
Springhill_Suites_N, Manager at SpringHill Suites Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed the new renovation! It has definitely given the hotel a whole new look and has updated and brightened everything. We are so glad that our staff was so responsive to your concern while you stayed with us. They are truly our greatest asset. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I read the other reviews before staying here. They are all true. Nice room, friendly staff, free breakfast. Nothing much to add. I can say I liked that the hotel was not right on the street so you did not have to worry about noise. Beds were supper comfortable with plenty of pillows. Small area with microwave and refrigerator. Hotel near different areas with shopping and places to eat. Great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Springhill_Suites_N, Manager at SpringHill Suites Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay. We are so glad you enjoyed everything and had a great stay. We hope to see you again during your next visit!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights with friends. Staff is very friendly and helpful. They let us have an early check in and a late check out. Very clean hotel and good location. They have a shuttle bus that will take you within a 5 mile radius. We used it to go to the "White Chocolate Grill" which has a fantastic Happy Hour, starting at 2pm. There is a shopping mall across the street with lots of stores, including SteinMart and Nordtroms Rack.
We spent time at the pool. Very nice and they alway had plenty of towels. They could use some more lounge chairs, as it got very busy in the afternoon.
We had a room with 2 queen beds and a pull out sleeper, microwave and fridge. Courtyard hotel is next door if you need to get a bite to eat in the evening.
Breakfast was good. Get there early or it will be crowded. Workout room is small, but, has everything you need for a good workout.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

It sounds like you had a great girls get-a-way while you were here with us! We are so glad you enjoyed the complimentary shuttle service that the hotel provides and it sounds like you were able to get out and see the area a little while you were visiting too. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Scottsdale area!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were staying here for a 3 night stay to attend a film festival that my brother-in-law was a producer for a film in competition there. Both rooms were booked through Priceline for around $50 per night with the going low rate being $129/nt. Even though we were technically the "bottom of the barrel", we were NEVER treated that way! Both rooms were clean, large and well-kept. Absolutely everyone on staff, from the management to the housekeeping staff was super-friendly, always willing to give great recommendations on where to go to get what we needed. We were only a mile from all the film festival activities (which, by the way, I would TOTALLY recommend you attend next year if you're in the the Phoenix/Scottsdale area--it's AWESOME!). The breakfast was tolerable and typical of such places: standard cheese "omelets", sausage patties, danishes, cereal, juices, coffee, and make-your-own waffles as the highlight. The pool was nice, but the jacuzzi was a LIFESAVER after a long day of seeing films and networking with filmmakers. PERFECT temperature and just the best for taking one to a relaxing place after a long and hectic (though FUN) day. Can't think of a single thing to complain about. If the free breakfast doesn't float your boat, the Village Inn is just across the parking lot with a million choices (including breakfast all day and night) at a very reasonable price and all the same great service we got at the SpringHill. HIGHLY recommended!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

We are so glad you had such a wonderful time while you were staying with us at the Film Festival! It is definitely one of the great highlights of the area during this time of the year. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our staff as they are our biggest asset. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again on your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
Courtyard Scottsdale North
#51 of 75 in Scottsdale
Desert Ridge
Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic

Been to SpringHill Suites Scottsdale North? Share your experiences!