“If you don't mind late-night noise, this hotel will do.”

Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town
Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“If you don't mind late-night noise, this hotel will do.”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The hotel was decently located. We could walk to the shopping spots and restaurants in Old Town Scottsdale. It was clean, though there were stains and obvious signs of wear in the living space of our room. Also, the tub would fill with water when showering. All this was brought the the attention of management (via a post-stay survey) and they responded quickly and kindly.
The one main negative factor was that this hotel is located directly adjacent to a night club. Ten years ago, I might have gone outside and joined the partiers, but this time it was a huge distraction - and it continued will in to the early morning hours. The noise we experienced was on a Sunday night, so I don't think the bar atmosphere/noise is a weekend-only event.
If you're looking for a bargain, and don't mind whooping & hollering at 2am, go for it! All else was satisfactory.

Room Tip: Front-facing room may have less nighttime noise.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Thank you for taking your time to share feedback about your stay at Hyatt Place Scottsdale. Your feedback has helped us to implement better maintenance routines for checking cleanliness of carpet and for plumbing issues in our guest rooms. We hope your experience with the noise from the adjacent clubs does not overshadow the positive experience you had, and you'll give us the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Czech first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 1, 2011

My friend and I visited Scottsdale early last month for Spring Training. I was fortunate enough to get an amazing deal through Hotwire. The stay started off wonderfully with a warm reception from the front desk person (unfortunately I forgot his name), who continued to be super nice with great suggestions throughout our stay. Then, the rooms, oh the rooms. Huge flat screen TV, free wifi in the rooms, fridge, 2 comfy queen beds, and an L shaped sofa in the room. A definite home away from home.

The location was wonderful too. Walking distance to Old Town and Scottsdale Stadium. Minus one dot, though, for having that stinky club next door. The front desk person was nice enough to get us a room on the opposite side of the building so it wasn't TOO loud during the night, but still - driving into the parking lot was a hassle on Saturday night, with tons of traffic and hoochies in abundance. Thankfully, there was a security guard to ensure that the hotel parking lot was for hotel guests only.

Despite this, I would still return!

Room Tip: On weekends, ask for a room away from the club.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2011

The hotel was great - rooms were nice, big screen tv, nice sitting area (couch) and desk for computer. The room also had a fridge and sink area.
The location was really good - close to downtown Scottsdale and not far from Starbucks. It was a short walk to the shopping centre - a bit foo foo for my tastes and budget ($$$$) but a nice place to check out (they have theatres and tons of restaurants).
The hotel had a nice b/fast and free apples which I really liked - would grab one in the a.m. and one going to my workshop that I was there for.
Only BAD thing is that on Fri and Sat. nights - the bar that is very close to the hotel was really loud (mostly from the people and their cars). Being in a room (303) facing the parking lot was not great! Sunday night was perfect! Management compensated several people from our group after we complained. They were terrific and extremely professional about it all. The people in our group who stayed in rooms around the elevators and farther didn't seem to be affected. I'd say rooms 516 and onward. The thing about the bar is that it's not the hotel's fault and as I said, they did compensate us for the 'inconvenience'.
Overall the service was great and staff very friendly. I was let into my room very early. I arrived at 11:00 a.m. and check-in was not until 3:00. After being up since 300 a.m. that morning it was great to be able to have my room right away.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the rooms and all the amenities of the hotel. Hopefully your travels will bring you back to the area in the very near future. Please contact my office directly if I can be of any assistance. 480-423-9944, ext. 5101 Janet Hof
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2011

we stayed at the hyatt place in scottsdale in september and we were very impressed! the rooms were very roomy, with free wifi, a large flat screen and a small kitchenette. we had a great rate through hotwire. breakfast was free and was well stocked and varied slightly daily. the location is great, very close to shopping and restaurants and old scottsdale. my only complaint would be the pool area was small, but we didn't use it, so didn't bother us. overall, an excellent stay and great value!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Granite Bay, California
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I've stayed at Hyatt Place Hotels in other towns, and they are all the same: Very Comfortable! They're more available than Hyatt Regency and less expensive to stay in. This particular hotel has a very attentive staff, extremely clean facilities, and very comfortable beds. The large screen TV's are nice, and they have free computers and a printer downstairs to print your flight documents. The free morning breakfast is OK, nothing to write home about but enough to keep you going for a few hours before you have to have lunch someplace. The coffee is Starbucks and there are eggs and other breakfast items that are available at additional cost. There's also very good cinnamon rolls available with other food and candy bars 24/7. Really enjoyed our four days here during the Barrett-Jackson Auction.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
HPManagerscottsdale, Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post this review on your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Robert Leclerc
Assistant General Manager
Los Angeles
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I hate to ever say negative things about hotels especially when the disturbances are out of the hotels hands. Before I get into that, I will say all the good qualities of the hotel. I have stayed at other Hyatt Places and had really good experiences with them as I did again with this one. The rooms are spacious and have a nice contemporary feel. No tube tvs. No floral bedspreads and decent soaps and shampoos. The breakfast they offer has a pretty good selection (although the coffee was pretty weak) and you can order other things such as eggs, french toast and waffles. Overall the service is really friendly and made you feel good about staying at the property. I don't have any real complaints about the hotel which is why I really wish I didn't have to report the following. But as a person who travels almost every other week and has stayed at many properties, I must give other fellow travelers a heads up.
My wife and I stayed at the hotel over the weekend. Much to our shock we had a very bad Friday night. There is a club next to the hotel called The Jack Rabbit and once it closed there was a very large and noisy crowd outside of the place. It sounded like a mob or like a college football game just letting out. This night it got so out of hand that I saw cops on horses and three cop cars in front of the hotel. Once the cops showed up the crowd went away. This whole thing occurred between 2 and 3 am.After this incident, we talked to the front desk the next morning about switching our rooms to the back side of the hotel. They did it with no problem. Saturday night came around and due to the new room location it was better but you can tell there was still a weekend crowd out and about causing a lot of distraction.
Again, I hate to give a good hotel a bad rap but all I can say is, DO NOT stay at this hotel over the weekend. You will be disturbed and it can be frustrating. Now I didn't stay during the week so I can't say if this occurs than too, but if you plan on it, call the hotel and ask about the noise level. It might be fine. Unfortunately though, I may have to pass on this property if I'm ever in the area again. A good nights sleep is more valuable than having a nice flat screen TV.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TVtravelLA
Geordieland
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Within easy walking distance of the old town, even on the record high temperature for Phoenix. Rooms impressive. Foyer/Breakfast room area rather poky. Breakfast nothing startling. Pool most welcoming and necessary too cool off, pool surroundings not great but pleasant and vital breeze.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple