All reviewsfull size washer and dryerseparate dining roombedroom unitthird floorsales pitchthree bedroomdiamond ownersgolf courselarge walk in closettime share presentationpool areahigh pressurefull kitchenhot tubcovered parkinggift cardsales presentation
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Our family of 4 including 2 grown children stayed at Scotsdale Links Resort the last week of January. We were very pleasantly surprised after reading all the negative reviews of previous guests. We stayed here on a time share exchange and managed to get a 3 bedroom unit on the second floor of building 11. It was very nice, spacious, clean and bright with 2 full bathrooms and balcony that we could enjoy an afternoon beverage. The "master bedroom" had a huge king sized bed that was extreamely comfortable - almost as good as home. The kitchen had newer appliances but could have stood a few more kitchen utensils but we managed to do fine with what we had. The resort has recently opened a very nice, larger pool area with lots of lounge chairs and is a great place to hang out on a nice day. The fitness center is well equiped and our daughter thought it was great. They offer massage/spa services on site that my daughter and I utilized. We had reflexology with Marlena and we would highly recommend her! My suggestions to people who are looking at this resort is don't read the older reviews on the resort . We have previously stayed at a Marriot resort and this one was almost as nice! The only downer is having to pay for internet although there are 2 free stations in the lobby where you can print boarding passes if need be.
Note: The timeshare sales guys aren't any worse than anywhere else we have been.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Tolepainter
Reviewed February 1, 2011

After reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor, I was skeptical but am so glad we stayed at this resort, and I wanted to be sure and post a review myself. The room was lovely and very large, the new swimming pool/spa is fantastic, the location is great, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I cannot comment on the activities as we didn't participate, but I did use the exercise facilities and saw that there were quite a few activities going on each day. I would not hesitate to stay at this resort again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Stunning new pool / leisure area. Great management & staff. Super location. Many units remodeled last year and remaining units will be this year. Room to stretch out and eat in whether kitchen or BBQ. So much better than hotel room.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2011

This 'resort' is in name only as there is nothing there that lives up to it. The main pool was still not open and no one informed us of that. It is not on a golf course as pictures on the website may lead you to believe. There are no facilities available for activities such as tennis, pool, basketball hoops, etc. When asked we were told that we can use the tennis and swimming pool at a sister resort 2 to 3 miles away. We had to pay for internet - $6.95 per day. This was basically a place to eat and sleep, go somewhere else for enjoyment.

The plumbing needs work. The service was poor. People working at the front desk were not too enthusiastic about making our stay there enjoyable. At departure, the person checking us out didn't care one way or another when I told them I was disapppointed with our stay.

This facility is part of the Diamond Resort chain, and does not exactly boost its image when they try to flog their timeshare business.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2010

We checked in late and it was easy with no complications. The night staff was very friendly. It was evident that Diamond owners get the "back" rooms facing the "ditch", but my daughter loved watching the wild life in the mornings. The rooms were more than spacious enough for the three of us. A big plus was that the parking was free and right outside the room. Obviously a converted apartment. However, there is no separate mirrored area for getting ready if the bathrooms are filled. Also, there is only one DVD and it's in the Master Bedroom. The iPod compatible alarm clocks were in both rooms, however, the one in the smaller room was lakcing a power cord, thus was not functionable. Our stay was short, so we didn't use the washer/dryer, but it would have been great for a longer stay. We also don't golf and didn't even see the course. The concierge only called us once to get the parking pass and try - persistently, but not abruptly - to get us to come to the owners' meeting. Since I already had an itinerary, I told her we couldn't make it and that was that. The going gift right now is $50 Visa point card and another stay here within 18 months. We only came here to burn off some extra points that were about to expire.
My daughter and husband both have back problems and the beds were super comfy, though oddly sheeted.
The location was only 30 minutes from Phoenix and and 15 minutes from Glendale, so it was close to all the attractions. We enjoyed the Phoenix Zoo and Botanical Gardens, as well as MacDonald's Ranch for Horseback Riding.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family