All reviews full size washer and dryer separate dining room bedroom unit third floor sales pitch three bedroom diamond owners golf course large walk in closet time share presentation pool area high pressure full kitchen hot tub covered parking gift card sales presentation
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed here for two nights to visit family in Scottsdale. The location (right by the TPC) was perfect in that it is close to restaurants in Scottsdale as well as being close to the 101 which will take you to other parts of town. We asked for a quiet room and were given a 3rd floor 1 bedroom unit in the middle of the complex. The unit's furniture was a little dated but it was fine, The kitchen was fully stocked (although there were only 4 dishwasher tablets in the cupboard). My only complaint was the lack of fitted sheets as even in beds that are as comfortable as this one I toss and turn at night and I totally pulled the flat bottom sheet out even though it was large enough to tuck in completely.
There are two pools one is a small adults only pool and the other is a much larger family pool that had plenty of loungers. There was also a exercise room that we did not check out. This is not a 5 star resort but rather an older timeshare, but I would not have minded trading my week in Sedona for a week here. In fact, I may do so this summer for a girl's week getaway because of the location and availablility of 3 bedroom units. I would say that I didn't have the experience that gpriore had, although I understand the frustration when things go badly.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank eslkerry2
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I honestly do not understand the positive reviews here about this property. I will go so far as to state that those positive reviews were posted by the creators of this property, not real vacationers. That means most of the positive reviews here would actually be fake. This entire property should actually be completely demolished! We used our timeshare here, and the first room they booked us in smelled like such crap, that we couldn't stand it. After complaining, they immediately booked us in a different room, however, that room only smelled about 50% better, and so we chose to stay there. On our second night, the washing machine already became defective and actually flooded the entire washroom and hallway carpet! We decided we were through. So we called our timeshare and stated very clearly that we were absolutely NOT interested in staying at this property at "ALL"! So they moved us to an entirely different resort!

Room Tip: Choose a different property.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank gpriore
diamondresorts, Manager at Scottsdale Links Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

It is truly unfortunate that you were unhappy with your initial stay; however, we were pleased to find out that you were moved into a new unit within an hour of your arrival. We know that no one wishes to have their vacation tarnished by accommodations that are less than acceptable and we regret that the situation didn’t meet your expectations or ours. We are glad that we were finally able to show you the true Diamond Experience in the last 5 days of your stay, in the last unit you were moved to.

We truly hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your stay in the new unit. Both units have been inspected for the source of the smell to avoid this issue for future guests. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us as it is incredibly important to the guest experience.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We recently stayed at the Scottsdale Links Resort. The staff was great! The property was good. A little dated, but clean and comfortable. We had a two bedroom unit on the second floor and it was very accessible. The furniture was a little dated, but the kitchen was well equiped. The only downside was that there was not a TV in the second bedroom. Also, the furniture could have used a little updating. And internet was not provided free. I would think that any resort would provide this for their guests.

The pool area, with a separate adult pool was GREAT!

I would recommend this property highly to anyone traveling to Scottsdale. Happy Traveling!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Golf Course Side....
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We are a young couple from Oklahoma (25 and 22) and we stayed here during spring break in a 2 bedroom unit with other extended family which included 2 young girls ages 5 and 4. We are very low key people who wanted nothing else but to play golf, shop, and see the sights. Our stay at the Links Resort was nothing but a positive experience. I have seen people complain about climbing stairs because there are no elevators, or annoying sales people, or loud roads being close by. There are ways to avoid all of these things. If you are too old to climb stairs, request a room on the first floor. If you do not want to be bothered by the sales people, simply check into your room, avoid them at the front desk, and unplug your phone when you get to your room. We didn't hear a single thing from any sales people all week. We did have a room directly off of Bell Rd, I will say it was quite noisy, but you can request a room away from the road. You get used to the noise after a day or so anyway and its not a major highway or anything.
I requested an updated room, and it was nothing short of amazing. Very clean, extremely comfortable beds, flat screen TV, Balcony with a view of the mountains, fully loaded kitchen, and I think it was somewhere around 1200 sq ft. I was EXTREMELY pleased with our unit.
The pool area was HUGE, with a small splash pad for kids. There are 2 hot tubs, one small one that will fit probably 4 people comfortably, and another that will probably fit 20 people easily. The workout facility was very nice, with good equipment and TV's. The location is great because it is in northern Scottsdale away from a lot of the hustle and bustle, but close enough to easily get to any type of shopping you want in about 5-10 minutes. Plenty of golf courses to play that are all immaculate. If you are an avid golfer, TPC has a deal that you can play both TPC Scottsdale courses and get lunch for $100 during the hot summer months and it is literally a 2 minute drive down Bell Rd from the resort. There really is no Spa on the property, but you can get a message if you would like.

Bottom line, it was an amazing vacation, Scottsdale is a wonderful place, and I would suggest and come back to this resort everytime.

Room Tip: *Request a room off of Bell Rd. *In the summer, you can play ANY golf course you want for dirt cheap!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank blytton22
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We had a great stay. At first I was not sure I was happy with a third floor unit, but the view of the golf course made up for the fairly easy climb. I loved having an adult pool AND hot tub (where we didn't have kids scuba diving). The room was clean and well equipped. I am planning on staying here again.

Don't know all the complaints about the time share tour--we just said No from the get go and that was that.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends