All reviews golf course small airport french doors separate shower and tub barrett jackson wonderful hotel sitting area king suite nice pool breakfast buffet bell staff nice size self parking rooms are large within miles business meeting third floor
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for 4 days, rooms were clean, service was great, located in a great area, especially for those looking to golf :) The pool was clean and heated which was confusing for me as it was 112 degrees outside, but i'm sure there's some sense behind that.

Date of stay: September 2019
PHXNO, Guest Relations Manager at Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Prtddaws,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your stay. We genuinely appreciate your very gracious comments and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.
We hope you will choose to stay with us again and thank you for your business and loyalty to the Marriott brand.
All my best,
Teresa

Reviewed September 4, 2019

Great experience with the Marriott at this hotel. The service provided upon arrival at the hotel and leaving the hotel left a lasting memory. It was not only world-class service but service right up to your doorstep. What can I say but Marriott, you did an amazing job!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
PHXNO, General Manager at Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Dear Neekchew,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your stay; we genuinely appreciate the great feedback.

Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Thank you for making our stay so special. My wife and I celebrated our Wedding Anniversary here this past weekend and the staff made the stay exceptional. Misty and team wrote us a nice congratulations card, Jim on the drive remembered us each morning and the F&B team even remembered my breakfast order from the morning before. The property was spotless and we could not have asked for a better place to celebrate and stay in Scottsdale. The pool and fitness center were well tended. The housekeeping and maintenance teams do an incredible job keeping the property and rooms clean and in great working order. We cannot say enough about this hotel. Make sure you stay whenever you have a chance!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PHXNO, Manager at Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Dear Melissa S.,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your stay; and for your very gracious comments. We genuinely appreciate your time and hope you will choose to stay with us again.
Thank you for your business and loyalty to the Marriott brand.

Reviewed August 31, 2019

Decided to stay at this property as a Marriott Plat member. One of the reasons was location and this property does not charge the silly resort fees nor self parking fees which is fantastic! This and any other properties that do not have those scam charges are getting my business moving forward.

Hotel has some great staff a few to mention are Charles, Garrett and Summer. Very friendly and a joy to talk to them when we seen them. The hotel is dated but kept up properly. We were lucky enough to get a room with a balcony which was very important to us - There was no recognition of our status upon arrival nor any upgrade until I asked specifically for a patio or balcony. The only negative about the room was the AC could barely keep the room cool.....it was slightly uncomfortable at night where we had to sleep with no covers on as it was too hot in the room. I assume the AC units are aged and is a reflection of the infrastructure of the hotel itself.

Restaurant was fine as we had our breakfasts there and also spend two evenings dining. Summer was fantastic during the day - the first evening there my wife received her meal and then they brought my meal out which was incorrect. Long story short they said another person ordered the same meal as I did so it got mixed up?? I didn't understand but it kind of ruined the evening as my wife was done eating before I got my meal - during that time I finished another beer. They kind of laughed and said sorry. I didn't find it funny and it would have been nice to even comp me a beer off our tab? Nonetheless, because of that we ate out the rest of the nights until our last night.
The second night we had a different waitress and she was very friendly and did a good job!

We would recommend this place as we were satisfied with it, nice golf course views, close to the golf course if you are golfing which we were, close to many other restaurants a short drive away, shuttle service for short distances etc., - When we are back in the area we will consider this hotel again if the price is right!

Date of stay: August 2019

Dear Okop,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your stay.
We genuinely appreciate your feedback and want you to know your concerns have been forwarded to our Director of Hotel Operations for follow up with the appropriate department manager.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if there is anything we can do.
We hope you will choose to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Scottsdale area.
Thank you for your business and loyalty to the Marriott brand.

Reviewed August 24, 2019

Got an excellent welcome at the front desk and other staff members at the bar and restaurant were also just as good. The hotel seemed to be in a pristine location, although I have to say it looked dated and could use a refresh beyond a flat screen tv and other electronics. All in all decent, for a price of $149 on a business trip

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Tarek K.,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your stay.
We appreciate your feedback and would like for your to know our hotel is awaiting a renovation.
We hope you will choose to stay with us again; and want to thank you for your business and loyalty to the Marriott brand.