“Decent property”

Ranked #22 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Decent property”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I found the hotel to be clean.

The staff was all very friendly.

I held a short 2 day meeting here. The meeting facilities were great for us, including the food and the meeting planning staff and daily service team. They were all very friendly and took care of us whenever we had a need or question.

I didn't mind my room. I found it to be roomy, with a fridge, which was handy.

As a Marriott member, I received free breakfast and free wi fi.

I did not spend any time at the pools, but they did not look glamorous. They have an OK gym, with a little cardio equipment and a few weights.

I am not sure I would take little ones here, but I think for professional meetings, this is a suitable hotel in a decent location. The planes can get a little loud above.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Found this to be a nice clean quiet property with a very attentive staff. Nice fruit tray upon arrival in the room from the general manager.

Did not dine here but had a nice breakfast buffet. Priced right and the view from the room over looking the golf course was nice. Would recommend and stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the golf course or pool.
Green Features: They practice Eco friendly and water conservative.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Prescott, Arizona, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We truly enjoy this Gem in Scottsdale. The service is above reproach, the hotel is always immaculate, the accommodations make one feel at home. Love their new lobby, pool and restaurant. Can't say enough nice things about them!

Room Tip: Just ask and they will do all they can to help to meet your preference
Green Features: Love the fact they allow guests to practice environmental savings.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Mequon, WI
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The service and surroundings are excellent. This hotel is more business like than resort like, but certainly qualifies as both. Rooms are well appointed. path of hotel is under the approach for local airport. I enjoyed seeing all the planes when hanging out at the pool, but it was occasionally loud. This was not a problem at night as traffic was very low. Nice outdoor dining with attentive staff. No restaurants within walking distance. A vehicle is a must. We had a great week and would go back. We stayed at the Marriott Camelback last year and that is truly a resort. This hotel is a great value and we would go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We just checked out of the Marriott McDowell Mountains resort and I am so sad to leave. The staff at this Marriott was absolutely amazing. Linette checked us in and she was extremely helpful and very professional and kind. Linette also helped me the following morning and again she exceeded my expectations.
We were lucky enough to have Hachim serve us breakfast every morning. Hachim greeted me every morning with a warm smile and made us feel like we were the only guests staying at the resort. Hachim made certain that every need was taken care of. He was the best part of our trip!

Paul at the Valet gave me a bottle of water every morning after my run and made sure I was properly hydrated.

Eustus was also an excellent server and Noe made the most delicious egg white veggie omletes with avocado!

The resort was clean and very updated. We will be back.

Thank you for training your people so well.

The Braden Family

Room Tip: pool view, 1st floor
Green Features: I wish they recycled and had recycle bins in the rooms about about the resort. Other than that we loved it. Also the housekeeper do not leave the towels that are hanging.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Staff at front desk went out of their way to be helpful and accomodate us at check in. Rooms spacious and in very nice condition, breakfast pricey but good, although wait and service for a la carte is not to be recommended, go with the buffet. Not much very close by would need to drive.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Let me start by saying that the 5 blobs are not meant to imply that this is the Hidden Four Seasons or St Regis, it is a Marriott Suites, but it was in very good condition and for the money is really good. We were using it as a base for a golf trip and it was easy to get to. 20-25 minutes from the airport and then very convenient to local restaurants and golf courses. It has an attractive entrance and a nice open feel to it. The bar / patio at the back was great and the restaurant that we used for breakfast was a buffet with made to order eggs etc. About $25 including tip. The staff got to know us within a day or two and were very friendly. The suites are a proper two room format with a decent bathroom. Bedding was comfortable and towels decent. I emphasize that this is not a five star hotel but it provided evrything we wanted and more for a very enjoyable stay. My only complaint, and i make it about numerous hotels,is the practice of charging $13 a day for internet, and when they say 24 hours they really mean what is left of the day because i registered at 6.30 each morning at by 6.00am the next morning it was no longer valid. I wish they would just charge an extra bit for the room. Anyway really good overall.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends