When we checked in at about 6 p.m. and they didn’t have the type of room we reserved. (2 queens) I felt so bad for the girl ( I think her name was Della) because she got so nervous to tell us she was breaking out in hives. We were kind to her as it’s not her fault. I’ve read several reviews where this has happened?? How does this happen?? I even called the day prior to confirm. We are Marriott gold which got us 2 breakfast buffets so for our inconvenience we asked for 2 additional buffets for our kids – she happily agreed and also offered to move us the next day. The bellman was so kind – helped with our luggage and offered us free valet for the night because of the room mix up. After going to the store and settling in we decided to just keep the king room and pull out sofa which worked fine. Balcony rooms looked great and also 1st floor rooms overlooking the golf course would be great. Our room overlooked the golf course and was so beautiful! (Yes planes were flying over and they are loud – only seemed to bother us the first morning) I actually enjoyed watching them fly over as long as I wasn't trying to sleep.
The breakfast buffet was good. Fresh fruit was great – omelets, waffles and eggs were made to order. The first day they really mixed up our egg order, but other days were fine. The line was very disorderly, not sure who already ordered, who’s waiting to order – who’s food just came out – could be better organized. Seemed they were always out of cottage cheese. Wait staff was really friendly but pretty slow (we were on vacation so not in a hurry). Loved the outside patio!
Pool was great – clean, plenty of chairs, plenty of towels, plastic cups and self-serve water. They had food and drink service on the weekend only. Otherwise you had to go inside to get food & drinks. The gal at the pool bar was the slowest bar tender I’ve ever encountered. She could not remember what you ordered, and would circle the entire pool asking who ordered this drink or that food or did you close your tab when I didn’t even have an open tab. It was distracting when you are trying to relax. Only one day my girls ordered 2 drinks; one strawberry smoothie, one mango. ($6 each) She made 2 pina coladas and charged them $9 each. HUH? She tried very hard and was friendly so didn’t want to give her a hard time. No one seems to mind if you bring your own food/drinks so that’s what we did.
Overall very beautiful property and would stay there again. Great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains is an attractive desert resort in Scottsdale, Arizona situated on palm-studded grounds, offering scenic views of mountains and the Sonoran Desert. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scottsdale Marriott At Mcdowell Mountains Hotel Scottsdale
- Marriott Mcdowell Mountains
- Marriott Scottsdale