With some freshening of the rooms, a renovation of the spa, and a decision to not nickel and dime guests, this would be a top-shelf resort. As it stands, it is a nice but overpriced spot.
We had a Grand Deluxe room. The room was huge, with a separate seating area, a work area, and a large marble bath. The decor and finishes seemed a little 80s, a little dated. Everything was in in great condition, but it still seemed a little old. THe lack of a plasma screen television contributed to this feeling, as did the old-style showerhead in the bathroom. The hotel does provide full-size toiletries, which was a nice treat.
The pool area is quite grand, though it can be hard to find a seat at peak times. Even at the so-called relaxation pool, there was a lot of noise from the guests. This is not necessarily a place to go to get away from it all.
Perhaps the biggest affront was the $20pp charge to use the gym. At $450 per night, this is unexplainable and unforgiveable. We paid for the telecom package because for for $25 per room it afforded access to the gym, free long-distance telephone calls, and free high speed internet. The gym was quite nice, with ample selection of weight and cardio machines--each cardio machine had a television.
We used the spa facilities, which we were old and dated. The locker rooms were nothing special. They definitely need to do a major revamp to modernize this area of the hotel.
All in all, this resort has the potential to be great. With a freshening of the rooms and spa, the physical plant would be truly 5 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Phoenician is a luxury resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, situated on 250 acres at the base of Camelback Mountain. From May through September 2017, The Phoenician will be undergoing extensive enhancements to its signature public areas. During this time, the main lobby, front desk, pool complex, spa and select dining venues will be closed. These services and amenities will be available at alternate locations on the resort grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Phoenician, Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale