We stayed in a Casita for 12 days. The resort is 19 years old and the grounds are lovely and the staff prompt and courteous. BUT. We were paying over $800 per night and getting a seat at the pool required leaving your book at 7am. Management has abdicated its control over the pool and it is a disaster when it is crowded. Mary Elaine's (their "primo" restaurant) was like a funeral. Very expensive, very tiny portions, very stiff service. However, it's closing so you needn't worry. The rooms need to be updated. New carpet, wall covering, flat screen TVs, and please, some towels that don't take half your skin off. This is a very above average resort, but at this level, not above average enough. If I was returning, I'd definitely book Canyon Suites. BUT I shouldn't have to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Phoenician is a luxury resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, situated on 250 acres at the base of Camelback Mountain. From May through September 2017, The Phoenician will be undergoing extensive enhancements to its signature public areas. During this time, the main lobby, front desk, pool complex, spa and select dining venues will be closed. These services and amenities will be available at alternate locations on the resort grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your The Phoenician, Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale