I can't believe this hotel charges $600 for a basic room, and that was discounted with a AAA rate otherwise it would have been around $660! I have stayed at many luxury hotels and cannot see how this hotel can justify this rate. Nothing is actually wrong with the hotel its just that it is way overpriced for what it is. When we arrived we were told we had been upgraded. Other than a pool view this was a typical standard room. The pool is just so so....no view, no nothing, and the service was very spotty. On the first day we arrived there were not three lounge chairs together but there were three single ones by themselves. We asked the staff if they could put three chairs together...the answer was simply "no". We decided to get lunch instead where we sat in the hot sun for about 20 min before anyone acknowledged us. However, the second day at the pool the service was excellent...always coming around to see what we needed, refreshing our water pitcher, adjusting umbrella etc. It was the same with breakfast service great one day and waiter non existent the next. As for the bill....when we checked out there was a miscellaneous room charge of $65. I asked the girl what that was and she said tax. Well then why was it clearly labeled tax for the second night $75? She didn't have an answer other than thats what the computer says. She adjusted the bill. Second, we were supposed to get a AAA credit of $65 per day/breakfast which had not been applied to our account. When we asked about that she said "yes, that needs to be applied manually." I said well then why don't you apply that manually?!!! Bottom line always check your bill. Overall, I wouldn't go back. It wasn't a bad experience but they just should have been charging $2/300ish a night instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From May through September 2017, the resort will be undergoing enhancements. During this time, the main lobby, front desk, pool complex, spa and select dining venues will be closed. These services and amenities will be available at alternate locations on the resort grounds. The Phoenician is a luxury resort in Scottsdale, AZ that offers an award-winning golf course, onsite spa, and 160,000 sq ft of indoor and outdoor event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your The Phoenician, Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale