We just got back from our amazing stay in Scottsdale, AZ. We traveled with a 10 month old. Overall we had wonderful time, and would probably come back. I would say our least favorite part of the hotel was the front desk. They were no helpful at all and were not friendly at all. Upon checkin I asked if there was any avail to upgrade. As I said we have a baby and was hoping to put him somewhere else other than the bathroom. Nothing was available but to get her to ck was like pulling teeth. This happend on multiple attempts to the front desk. Everytime I asked a question they seemed bothered and irritated to answer. I'm not sure u should have this type of attitude and unhelpfulness when you work at the front desk of a 5 star hotel.
Moving on.. the rooms were spacious as well as the bathrooms. A little outdated but clean and nice.
The pools--super crowded and the staff does little to regulate all the reserved chairs. I still enjoyed the pools as well as the service was wonderful. I would recommend getting up upwards of 6a to reserve a chair.
The grounds--gorgeous.. need I say more. Landscape is breathtaking as well as the view.
Food--we only had breakfast once here. The buffet was great. It was quite yummy and it was nice to sit on the porch near the pool. However, they need more than one person cooking omelets. The line was about 10 folks deep each time so I never got an omelet.
Overall I would say this place is really nice minus the front desk. We loved sitting out on the porch by the firepit at night. It was really relaxing and gorgeous. The self park was super easy, This was possibly the easiest hotel self park I've ever experienced. Don't bother with valet. The location is fab. It's super safe and in a great area and super close to the airport.
ps.. we also were charged with valet although never used valet so ck your bill upon ck out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Phoenician is a luxury resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, situated on 250 acres at the base of Camelback Mountain. From May through September 2017, The Phoenician will be undergoing extensive enhancements to its signature public areas. During this time, the main lobby, front desk, pool complex, spa and select dining venues will be closed. These services and amenities will be available at alternate locations on the resort grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Phoenician, Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale