My wife and I booked a 4 day stay on SPG points to get away from the cold Northeast, and play some golf just after Christmas, 2013. The hotel itself is on beautiful grounds, well kept, and great scenery all around. As I am a Gold SPG member, we received a base room but with a gorgeous view of Phoenix and the surrounding area.
The service was impeccable, and I cannot praise the staff for always looking to go 'above and beyond' It is exactly what a Luxury Collection hotel should be, plus more.
Unfortunately, the only restaurant we ate within the resort grounds was Relish, a bistro burger bar. I am a man who enjoys food, and even though the burgers were priced at $16.99, you did get a lot of burger. In addition, we did spend some time at the hotel lounge/bar area, and the wait staff was on point.
If you enjoy golf, the resort has 3 9-hole golf courses onsite, and I was only able to experience Desert, and half of Canyon, due to Twilight play. The course/fairways are well kept, the greens are gorgeous, and the course is challenging. For a novice golfer such as myself, I was able to keep the ball in play for the most part, but some of the holes can be quite narrow, with sand traps and rocky areas, aplenty. The golf staff was really courteous and professional. The pro shop had plenty of clothes to purchase, however, I didn't see many ball sleeves. I could have missed these altogether, but just in case, make sure you bring a few extra sleeves of balls if you have a tendency to lose them. This will help you in the long run.
Overall, the resort was a bit pricey, BUT you do get what you pay for. Professional service levels, well kept grounds, and a great experience all around. Although this was my wife's and I first trip to the Scottsdale area, we will make sure to return someday and make The Phoenician our resort of preference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Phoenician is a luxury resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, situated on 250 acres at the base of Camelback Mountain. From May through September 2017, The Phoenician will be undergoing extensive enhancements to its signature public areas. During this time, the main lobby, front desk, pool complex, spa and select dining venues will be closed. These services and amenities will be available at alternate locations on the resort grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your The Phoenician, Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale