I stayed here for 2 nights following a trip to the Grand Canyon. I am Gold, and they upgraded me (I had booked a standard casita) at checkin to a 'lagoon view.' However, this casita seemed like a stepcousin to the casitas facing the pool - it was remote, dark, and also overlooked construction. I went back to the front desk, and the check-in agent was great in finding me a similar room in a better location. I was very satisfied with the service in general, from the bartender (Sean) at the Camel Lounge to the servers at Relish Bistro. I thought the room furnishings were a bit dated, and couldn't believe they still had the old-fashioned thermometers (round, with a dial) in the rooms.
One disappointment (first world problems, but hey I'm paying an astronomical resort fee) is that I didn't get any turn-down service the first night, and the second night, someone came by at 10:00 p.m., which in my opinion is way too late. Perhaps it was because I was in a casita and not in the main hotel, but they need to step that up.
One great thing, if you are a fitness buff, you can walk to Camelback and hike there and back while everyone else needs to find street parking. Very convenient.
Was it the best hotel experience I've ever had? no. It was perfectly servicable, which isn't the best for a Luxury Collection. If I had gone in peak season, and paid a lot more, I would have been much more disappointed. But, the weather was good, I slept well, I ate and drank well, and I would recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From May through September 2017, the resort will be undergoing enhancements. During this time, the main lobby, front desk, pool complex, spa and select dining venues will be closed. These services and amenities will be available at alternate locations on the resort grounds. The Phoenician is a luxury resort in Scottsdale, AZ that offers an award-winning golf course, onsite spa, and 160,000 sq ft of indoor and outdoor event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Phoenician, Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale