We were here from 27th to after new years eve. Clearly very high season for this resort. Despite that, we didn't feel crowded in. Only time I regretted having a full resort was one evening when my family wanted to stay outside near the outdoor firepit. There are four large outside and they were all full. We settled for a room with a fabulous view, lobby live music seating instead. Not a bad compromise but nevertheless we would've preferred the former.
The resort is beautifully kept with clean pool, freshly stocked towels, large koi pond with hundred of fish that you can feed. My daughter thoroughly enjoyed doing this. there is a hiking trail about a mile and half from the property that is quite challenging but beautiful.
My only regret is that food prices are astronomical. Thankfully we rented a car and drove out for breakfast, lunch and dinner but usually we prefer to eat in the resort since we had little kids with us. The spa and gym are also nicely appointed.
If you have kids keep in mind the resort is quite spread out so be prepared to walk a lot from one part to another. For instance, Relish a restaurant that is open for lunch is clear on the other side of the resort, whilst our room near the cactus garden were one small lake, three pools, one elevator ride and a short hike away. whew. I really felt those distances when my daughter forgot her swimming goggles or something she really needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Phoenician is a luxury resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, situated on 250 acres at the base of Camelback Mountain. From May through September 2017, The Phoenician will be undergoing extensive enhancements to its signature public areas. During this time, the main lobby, front desk, pool complex, spa and select dining venues will be closed. These services and amenities will be available at alternate locations on the resort grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your The Phoenician, Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale