I can't say enough about this property. Again, I get really scrambled and can babble on tangents forever if I don't make a list.
1. The grounds - are GORGEOUS, it is after all a golf resort so expect the best. Everything from the cactus garden to the green is perfectly manicured.
2. Cleanliness - Can't stress this enough. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. Our room was spotless and smelled fresh every time we walked in. The hotel itself is sparkling, and the grounds are as well. Honestly I wondered if they secretly have a cleaning crew following guests around with a mop and broom, because the whole place is spotless- even around the pools and outdoor areas.
3. The room - Is huge. It's larger than my room in my house, and quiet a bit cleaner haha. The bathroom had a separate soaking tub and shower with an enclosed room for the toilet. We were in a basic room, viewing Camelback Mountain and the cactus garden but it was beautiful. The best part of the room was the double sliding glass doors, they really open the room up. We turned the air off and opened the glass doors leaving the screen shut for the night, it was really quiet and pleasant. The balcony with chaise lounger and coffee table was excellent.
4. Room Amenities - Two closets, a minibar, coffee and tea facilities, huge bathroom with separate shower and soaking tub, extremely comfortable bed, large thin television with a decent amount of channels, balcony, affordable room service, writing desk. All awesome.
5. Resort amenities - Pools (LOTS), nice hot tub area -pretty quiet and secluded, self guided cactus garden around camelback mountain, easy parking, wifi etc included in the resort fee. Easy access and friendly valet, shops inside the resort, nice restaurant/s, and a cute little ice cream/candy parlor that has some easy breakfast items too.
6. Staff - The friendliest staff. This is my number one, if a resorts staff treats it's guests like poo they shouldn't be in business. The front desk agent was more than friendly and helpful - from directions around the resort to random questions about our stay. A younger valet agent got snippy with my boyfriend and then apologized profusely for it and asking if we'd like an amenity sent to our room because he was confused (apparently our car didn't receive a valet parking paper upon entering the resort). While walking around the resort we were greeted multiple times by staff and some asked if we needed any assistance. Everyone had a smile on their face and were VERY FRIENDLY. A ++++
1. Valet price - I can't really complain about this because it's not expensive compared to other cities (NYC $75 p/n) and really this is mine/my traveling companion's own fault. We didnt even check our valet ticket (which has the valet rate on it, $29 per night), we just went to our room and crashed since it was late. Anyhow, valet can get pricey pretty fast but they were excellent gentlemen. If you decide to self park it might seem like the garage is forever away but its right under the lobby area or close to it, so it's not bad! If you can afford the valet for your stay- I'd recommend it, if not no sweat!
Really would recommend this resort to anyone. It's fabulous, and we will definitely be back in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Phoenician is a luxury resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, situated on 250 acres at the base of Camelback Mountain. From May through September 2017, The Phoenician will be undergoing extensive enhancements to its signature public areas. During this time, the main lobby, front desk, pool complex, spa and select dining venues will be closed. These services and amenities will be available at alternate locations on the resort grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Phoenician, Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale