“Beautiful hotel”

The Phoenician, Scottsdale
Ranked #21 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Great hotel! When we arrived we were upgraded to a suite at the same price! Our suite had 2 beautiful bathrooms, a master bed and a large living area. We had 2 huge balconies which were nice too. The room could have used an update, new paint, new rugs and some color...all kind of tan! But it was nice and clean.
The front desk staff were friendly and very accommodating, although we did have to wait close to 2 hours to check in since we arrived a little early. We had dinner there and it was a fantastic meal.
The pools were nice but a little run down. Pool service was excellent!
My husband played golf there and enjoyed the course...nice Pro shop too.
I went to the gym and couldn't believe I had to pay to use the exercise equipment.....you would think that at $450/night you could use the gym for free!
Overall, a very nice place to stay and we would go there again! Great location to downtown Scotsdale!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Phoenician, Scottsdale

Reviewed June 23, 2011

I have been comming here for years with my wife. It is a wonderful and luxurious resort with great staff and service.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We chose the Phoenician for a girls' getaway weekend. From check in to check out, the service was top notch. We loved our rooms (especially the big bathrooms & the very comfy beds!) The grounds were impeccable. We are not golfers, so can't comment on that, but the day spent in a poolside cabana was a real treat -- not inexpensive-- but worth it. The spa services were fine, but did feel a bit rushed. It appeared that for 10 minutes at the top of the hour, patrons were quickly ushered out, while the new group was ushered in. I prefer a more serene environment. While the massage and facial were fine, they were not memorable as services have been on other "pampering trips." The four of left thinking that we would absolutely revisit the Phoenician!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
PhoenicianManager, Public Relations Manager at The Phoenician, Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Thank you for sharing your resort experience following your girls' getaway weekend. We greatly appreciate the feedback! We are so pleased that you enjoyed our service, grounds, poolside cabanas and spacious guestrooms, although we are disappointed to learn your spa visit did not quite meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide each guest with relaxing, personalized service that enhances mind, body and soul - and where time is not of the essence. I hope you were able to take advantage of our signature Meditation Atrium before and/or after your treatment, or perhaps the daily complimentary guided meditation class. Please allow us to provide you with a truly exquisite spa experience on your next stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Even if by some chance something goes wrong, it's ain't terrible to be at the Phoenician. They will go out of their way to make it right.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2011

In my sixty years of traveling and hotel stays, this was the best experience we have ever had. The staff was attentive, friendly, courteous, helpful, prompt, and the list goes on & on! We stayed here for my daughter's wedding and had high expectations and our expectations were far exceeded! Our stay was amazing! We had out of town guests who stayed and it's been a month and they still talk about how amazing this hotel was. The location was great - if you're considering staying in this area - look no further. You must stay here. Hotels in the area are priced comparably and if you select another, you will not get your money's worth. Top notch hotel in every category.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I stayed for a week at this hotel and have recommended it to others as a consequence. Many hotels in jthe United States do not live up to the hype but this one certainly does. Splendid food, a good bar and a vey nice resort style golf course make this an ideal spot to unwind. A little pricey but for those looking for some desert sun, I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010
PhoenicianManager, Public Relations Manager at The Phoenician, Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

Thank you for your review, and for your recommendation! Perhaps you were able to experience for yourself the new addition to The Phoenician's championship golf course. The No. 9 hole on the Oasis Course, one of three, 9-hole resort courses, was recently redesigned to feature Arizona's only "sand island" green. Another signature offering is our diverse culinary program, with Italian, American and steakhouse fare available to resort guests. Special packages and promotions are showcased throughout the year, but the best value can be found in the summer months. It may be hot in the desert, but with nine pools and AAA Five Diamond accommodations, it's always a "cool" trip!

Reviewed June 17, 2011

I am a world traveler. Have stayed in 4-6 star hotels everywhere. This property took me by surprise, since I have stayed there once before several years ago. There were housekeeping people EVERYWHERE, but I hardly knew they were around; except for my soiled cup, napkin or plastic wrap being gone when I turned around. That's Great management. Incredible! I expect great customer service but that was over the top! The bed, room were very comfortable. Choices for shopping needs were great. I had to buy a pair of sunglasses but didn't want to spend $75. They have a shop for high end and a shop for mid-range needs. I spent $16 for sunglasses. In a place like this, it was a bargain. Cleanliness around the pool, meeting rooms, golf course, clubhouse, and common areas is second to none. We ate at the golf club restaurant. The food was very good. However, the serving pieces are fabulous! I'd like to know where to purchase them for my daily use! We at at the steakhouse in the hotel. I felt like I had my own personal server and no one else was in the room. He was very attentive to all of my needs and was able to almost read my mind when I was uncertain about something I wanted. He made suggestions that were spot on. AMAZING! The food was spectacular, as well . This property is a destination!

Room Tip: Pool view room, a must!
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comments. It is our pleasure to provide each and every guest with a special and seamless experience. That is our service goal. The resort's diverse, signature offerings, from accommodations to dining to activities, define The Phoenician as a destination in and of itself. We're so pleased you enjoyed both the food and serving items at Relish Burger Bistro. Are you perhaps referring to the small, replica fryers in which our tater tots and sweet potato french fries are served? Please feel free to contact The Phoenician and ask for the Public Relations Manager if you would like information on these items. Enjoy your new sunglasses, and please visit us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley

Been to The Phoenician, Scottsdale? Share your experiences!