“Nothing Like the Pictures”

Sonoran Suites of Scottsdale
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was the dirtiest, poorest service hotel I have ever seen. Scary. I travel at least 12 times per year and even called this place prior to my visit. It was so bad that when I arrived and saw my room i immediately left and paid $400 a night across the street at the Kierland Westin.

When I called they said their rooms were updated. My wife stayed here 10 years ago and she said it was exactly the same. Rooms are decorated 80's.

I called the next day for a refund and they laughed at me.

Stay clear!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank CD88888
Sampson5259, Director of Sales at Sonoran Suites of Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

We are sorry to hear that you had such a terrible review for our property. The images of the property are actually of the property here in Scottsdale. These pictures were taken October of 2012 and ironically the same location that he is referring to is actually where the images were taken from. The room that was booked for him was at our heavily discounted rate of $109.00 a night which included taxes and housekeeping.

It is unfortunate that you did not stay in the unit and we do apologize that the room was not up to your personal standards, but the information that was provided to you online, via our guest policy form and from whomever you spoke to on the phone with was accurate to the best of our ability. Even though we received a negative review from you, we still appreciate you taking the time in letting us know how your stay was with Sonoran Suites of Scottsdale.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our unit was clean and had a nice layout for a two bedroom apartment; however the decor was extremely "tired" and in need of a complete face-lift. The bathrooms were also aged & worn, although clean.... The shower in the master bath was in serious need of replacement. The King Beds are actually TWO beds shoved together with 30 year old bedspreads and the pillows were like concrete. Pots and Pans were worn to a fare-thee-well; Teflon that was scraped from use. While we did eat most meals out, it would be nice to have one decent fry pan for breakfast. The grounds were well maintained and the pool area was very pleasant. Parking is parallel under shelters and VERY tight, indeed. Getting in and out in an SUV was VERY difficult. I gave "Service" an Average because I never did figure out HOW to handle Recycling Plastics, Paper & Bottles; there were no instructions or labeled receptacles anywhere on the property that I could find. The best part of this property (Traditions at Kierland is the NAME of the actual property) is that it is next door (West) to a strip mall that has a Walgreens & a Safeway, and to the East, about a 3 block walking distance) is Kierland Commons. Kierland Commons is an outdoor mall well appointed with great restaurant choices and lots of shopping opportunities (Talbots, Cold Water Creek, Ann Taylor, Eileen Fisher, Barnes & Noble, Ecco, Victoria Secret, Orvis ..... on and on and on :-).

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment on the second or third floor (no elevators, however). Most of the property app...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank beaujangle

Thank you very much for taking the time in reviewing our Accommodations. We apologize for the issues, however we have taken the time to go through your review and see what we can to better our guests in the future. We would also like to thank you for giving our next potential guest the information about where the property is located. Your insights we're sure will be used in the future.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband and I booked at the Sonoran suites property as part of a golf deal package and were very satisfied all around. The property itself is a condominium complex with vacation rental units, not a resort, but there are very nice ammenities onsite. The unit we stayed in was a 2 bed/2bath with a full kitchen and dining room, it was very clean and well kept. We really enjoy staying in condos on vacation because of the extra room and the freedom to utilize the kitchen for some meals. If you are looking for a resort hotel with a lobby, concierge, room service, spa, and restaurants onsite then Sonoran Suites probably isn't for you. That being said, however, the property is in a very nice part of Scottsdale. Literally just up the road is an upscale shopping/dining area with great restaurants that we definitely took advantage of! The staff of Sonoran Suites, whom I mainly delt with via email, were very friendly, responsive, and helpful as well. Overall we had a great time in the Pheonix/Scottsdale area and will be staying at Sonoran Suites when we come back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We started off well with Sonoran Suites prior to our arrival. However, once there it was all downhill. We were assigned to a condo outside the main property; as we didn't have an access code to get in, we had to wait for another resident to let us in. What would have happened if we arrived late at night? Sleep in the car? The condo itself was adequate; not the "premier luxury" accommodations noted on their website. Free wireless? Forget about it unless you want to go down to the business center. The shower in our room had so little water and water pressure that it literally was trickling down the tile. It was marginally better after we had them come in and "fix" it. We also had to have the shower curtain changed as it was cruddy and covered in rust. But the craziest thing? There was a pipe in the middle of the shower ceiling that was a run-off for the air conditioner condensation. So while trying to shower you were also dodging rusty water and crud coming out of the ceiling. Disgusting! Our conversations with management while there were less than satisfactory and my letter once home has gone unanswered. I would never stay here again, nor would I recommend it to anyone. A final note, Justin does know his golf. His recommendations were great and much appreciated. He might be better off finding a new property to let his talents shine, because in the end, the problems with the property are what you are left with.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sharbear412
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I booked with Justin Simpson at Sonoran Suites for a golf trip with several buddies (6 guys). He made great suggestions. Courses were fantastic and all the details went smoothly. Check in was easy and accomadations were great. I will use them again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Harvey V
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have been planning our Guys Golf Trips for 13 years. Finding Sonoran Suites was a Godsend. . The Condo was perfect, great location, clean, and with all the amenities any one would need. Justin Simpson was on top of every aspect of our trip. Sonoran Suites booked all of our golf and the courses were all world class. Justin's local knowledge of the courses made our travel from course to course very easy. We play 36 holes a day at two different courses each day and never had trouble making the later tee time. We will be using Sonoran Suites again and again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joe P
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I’m not one to complain I can usually let things slide pretty easy but this vacation was such a letdown that I felt I needed to share my story with other travelers. My hubby and I booked this for a night and we were looking forward to a relaxing getaway with our 3 year old daughter. When booking online we were under the impression that we were going to a resort. It's really an apartment complex (no lobby, no conssieur, nothing.) We found out from other people at the pool that sonoran suites rents out 1/2 of the units and the other 1/2 are permanent residents. We enjoyed the pool until about 7:30 then headed back to our room.
Here's where things got SCARY. The neighbor directly underneath us came knocking on our door at 8:15 and started complaining that he didn't know what the arrangement was with his building and sonoran suites but he was sick of dealing with the "jerks" that rent from sonoran suites. (i can feel his pain, who would want to deal with having new neighbors every week/weekend?). He said that all he could hear downstairs was our daughter stomping (she only weighs 28 lbs.) At 9 we put our daughter to bed and sat on the back patio and talked. At 9:20 the psycho downstairs started screaming at the top of his lungs to SHUT THE F UP! He used very inappropriate language over and over. I was so nervous after that I couldn't sleep all night. I kept thinking the crazy guy downstairs was gonna break down our front door and pull a nutty. I went around and made sure every door and window in the place was locked. So much for a relaxing getaway!! I ended up feeling so stressed out after that awful experience.
We called Sonoran Suites to let them know what happened and 10 days later we still haven't gotten any response. Total vacation letdown! Stay away from this place! There are so many other great options in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area. On top of all that the garbage disposable in the sink backed up and nothing would drain. My hubby spent a good ½ hour plunging before the sink would drain…DISGUSTING!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family