All reviews large patio table chairs living room within walking distance c unit home away from home cleaning staff walk in closet the staff was friendly and helpful grounds amenities phoenix sink microwave trader bedding roomy
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

This is not like staying at an actual hotel. It's honestly like staying at a person's house: the bedding/furnishings and furniture are all outdated and mismatched. The A/C unit is a small one that doesn't cool the room properly. The website boasts "premium bath amenities" which I'm not sure what it means, but the bathtub was an ordinary tub with chipping, same with the sink and toilet, nothing fancy. There was hair on the walls of the bathroom from former guests. The cable was shoddy, working on and off. For an area where we were told not to drink the tap water, there was no drinking water offered or available on the premises.
On a positive note, the owner was incredibly nice.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2017

We've been coming to Scottsdale for years and only wish we had found this place sooner. They are very low key and very wonderful. Our "bungalow" was clean, very roomy with many amenities such as refrigerator, coffee pot, wine glasses, comfortable chairs, and a work table. Best of all there was a patio and likewise comfortable chairs. it was very pleasant to sit out in the evening and have a glass of wine. As each unit is separated from others, it is very quiet. The grounds are well-maintained. There is a 24-hour pool, bocci ball and interesting sculptures as you walk around the lawns. The owners couldn't have been friendlier or more accommading as was the cleaning staff.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked good and all were on the ground level.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2017

Being a child of the 60's growing up in Phoenix the property was like a walk down memory lane. We stayed in the large suite (I could have moved in and been very comfortable) there were all the amenities we needed including an upscale grocery within walking distance.

Our room opened out to a large patio with ample setting choices in fact that's where we spent most of our time chatting with other guests and enjoying the mature shade trees. The property is pet friendly and our two little ones were welcomed with open arms.

My husband and I were there to relax and relax we did. I don't know why I never found this resort before but I'm sure we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed May 22, 2017

To those people who've whined in their reviews about the lack of perfection -- scratchy towels, unpaved areas of the parking lot, a water spot on the ceiling, etc. -- go stay in a chain and whine there. I don't see how anybody could not like staying at SmokeTree. You get SO much more vs. staying at a chain. Our bungalow (#7) was delightful -- spacious living room with both couch and comfy chair/ottoman, a backyard with grass, table/chairs, and lots of interesting trees and bushes (many in bloom), kitchen complete with sink, microwave, fridge, plates/bowls/glasses/silverware and dining table with 2 chairs, bedroom with comfy bed and 2nd TV, clean and bright bathroom, walk-in closet with more room than we could possibly use, parking right at our door. The grounds are lovingly maintained and quiet. Interesting birds I'm not familiar with running around the grounds. A koi pond. I moved my unit's table and chairs from the patio to a shady spot far in the backyard under some trees and then spent hours reading my newspapers and books to the sound of birds singing and chirping. Saw a very large lizard sunning itself on a rock. The staff was friendly and helpful. Could some things have been better? Of course, there's always room for improvement. But such things were far outweighed by the uniqueness and home-like feel of this place. This was our first stay here, but it won't be our last.

Room Tip: Our room faced Lincoln Drive so there was some traffic noise at times, only noticeable when we had the back sliding door open.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jlamb27613
Reviewed March 17, 2017

We enjoyed out stay, pretty grounds, nice swim area with grass. We had two problems with the resort; bathroom lacked counter space and the bed was very hard. I think the bed had to be at least 20 to 25 years old. The amount of money we paid to stay there, they could have decent beds. Because of the beds, we will no stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple