All reviews large patio table chairs living room within walking distance c unit home away from home cleaning staff walk in closet the staff was friendly and helpful grounds amenities phoenix sink microwave trader bedding roomy
Reviewed June 7, 2017

Being a child of the 60's growing up in Phoenix the property was like a walk down memory lane. We stayed in the large suite (I could have moved in and been very comfortable) there were all the amenities we needed including an upscale grocery within walking distance.

Our room opened out to a large patio with ample setting choices in fact that's where we spent most of our time chatting with other guests and enjoying the mature shade trees. The property is pet friendly and our two little ones were welcomed with open arms.

My husband and I were there to relax and relax we did. I don't know why I never found this resort before but I'm sure we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed May 22, 2017

To those people who've whined in their reviews about the lack of perfection -- scratchy towels, unpaved areas of the parking lot, a water spot on the ceiling, etc. -- go stay in a chain and whine there. I don't see how anybody could not like staying at SmokeTree. You get SO much more vs. staying at a chain. Our bungalow (#7) was delightful -- spacious living room with both couch and comfy chair/ottoman, a backyard with grass, table/chairs, and lots of interesting trees and bushes (many in bloom), kitchen complete with sink, microwave, fridge, plates/bowls/glasses/silverware and dining table with 2 chairs, bedroom with comfy bed and 2nd TV, clean and bright bathroom, walk-in closet with more room than we could possibly use, parking right at our door. The grounds are lovingly maintained and quiet. Interesting birds I'm not familiar with running around the grounds. A koi pond. I moved my unit's table and chairs from the patio to a shady spot far in the backyard under some trees and then spent hours reading my newspapers and books to the sound of birds singing and chirping. Saw a very large lizard sunning itself on a rock. The staff was friendly and helpful. Could some things have been better? Of course, there's always room for improvement. But such things were far outweighed by the uniqueness and home-like feel of this place. This was our first stay here, but it won't be our last.

Room Tip: Our room faced Lincoln Drive so there was some traffic noise at times, only noticeable when we had the back sliding door open.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jlamb27613
Reviewed March 17, 2017

We enjoyed out stay, pretty grounds, nice swim area with grass. We had two problems with the resort; bathroom lacked counter space and the bed was very hard. I think the bed had to be at least 20 to 25 years old. The amount of money we paid to stay there, they could have decent beds. Because of the beds, we will no stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sneal32
Reviewed January 22, 2017

This was the third time we have stayed here and it was good to find it unchanged. It is nice to be able to look out on landscaped grounds from the bungalows.
The bungalow we had was spacious, well equipped and clean. It also has its own parking space next the bungalow which useful as we had a lot of luggage.
There are good restaurants close by as well as the fabulous AJ's market next door.
It is also only a short drive to Kierland Commons in North Scottsdale with its shops and restaurants, as well as downtown Phoenix.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2017

Not a nice place to stay. There was peeling ceiling paint, mold in bathroom, tiles in bathroom falling off wall, no tray or shelf for soap or shampoo in shower, clogged exhaust fan, noisy heating system, lack of electrical outlets, no way to plug in laptop at table for working, and dirty underwear found in the top drawer. No business services - couldn't print. No food services. Staff was friendly on check-in. WiFi was decent.

Room Tip: Rooms at back have poorly lit parking area (gravel lot).
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled on business