We stayed here in January 2011 for a long weekend leading up to the BCS National Title Game in nearby Glendale. We arranged with the resort for a car (SUV actually) to pick us up at the airport and drive us to the resort and this went off without a hitch. We put in for something called an e-standby upgrade request when we booked our room, and for not too much more money each night we were upgraded to a ridiculously large and awesome Gold Master Suite.
The suite was huge, with a large bedroom with its own sitting area, connected to a very large living room. The suite had 2 full bathrooms, 3 flat screen TVs hanging off the walls, and 2 separate decks. It was overkill for 2 people but sure was nice; it would be great for a slightly larger group or if you wanted to entertain.
We enjoyed the Gold perks, namely having breakfast each morning only a short walk away from our room, and the honor bar there each afternoon and evening.
This is a very big property and very well laid out and manicured. We ate at both restaurants on the property, Bourbon Steak and La Hacienda. Both were pretty good in our opinion though my wife got sick the morning / day after eating at La Hacienda so we suspect she might have gotten food poisoning there but we can't be sure. I was fine all weekend but she did have some stuff at the restaurant that I didn't have. In any event we would visit the restaurant again in the future as the food is very good and hard to say what happened.
We visited the spa as well which is very nice and spacious. The massage I got there wasn't that great, though, but probably just luck of the draw with the therapist. The locker room and treatment rooms are nice. The fitness room at the spa is very good.
All in all we enjoyed our visit. We've stayed at the Four Seasons Scottsdale before and loved that and I have to say we'd have to think hard about which of the two properties we would stay at again on our next visit, they're both great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you set foot on the grounds of the AAA/CAA Five Diamond Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, you are surrounded by a mystical landscape of lagoons, fountains, fire pits, colorful desert plants and expansive green spaces – all set amid the sun-drenched Sonoran Desert and the majestic McDowell Mountains of Arizona. Blending exquisite pampering and warm, personalized service with alluring Spanish-style architecture and outdoor adventure, the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers all of the superb amenities you expect from a world-class destination resort: -Lavish Well & Being Spa, featuring a variety of spa, wellness and fitness services -Two championship-level TPC golf courses, home to the Annual PGA Tour Waste Management Phoenix Open -Six sparkling heated pools, featuring waterslides, cabanas, poolside service and a 9,000 sq. ft. white sand beach -Five award-winning restaurants and lounges, with something delectable for every taste -316,000 square feet of flexible event space, including both indoor and outdoor venues with two conference centers -Trailblazers Family Adventure Center, offering a wide range of onsite activities to keep kids happy and engaged -Personalized Concierge services, offering access to exciting activities to satisfy everyone ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairmont Scottsdale Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
- Fairmont Hotel Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Fairmont
- Scottsdale Princess