We went for a w/end getaway and after hearing 2 enthusiastic recommendations and trusting the Fairmont reputation we couldn't wait to stay in our Jr. Gold Suite. Every staff member was truly eager to please in a genuine and polite manner. The staff in the Gold Lounge were very hospitable and helpful, the breakfast, snacks, drinks and canapes delicious. The grounds are groomed with such attention that even the pebble landscaping appeared to be raked regularly. There was a dominant theme throughout the resort of earth, air, fire, water executed so gracefully that the sites and sounds pleased the senses at every turn, every accent seemed to be a work of art, it was truly mesmerizing.
The spa.... we cannot say enough about the spa, the landscaping, the waterfall!!!! the amenities in the change rooms, hot/cold tubs, inhalation room, steam room/dry sauna, luxurious towels, robes and slippers, teas and water, muffins and apples abound. the perfect setting for the perfect services. Both my husband and I would have enjoyed a hotter steam room/dry sauna, we could not work up a sweat which is a shame. but all other features were outstanding. I attended 3 yoga classes as a beginner and enjoyed the challenge of all 3. The third was on behalf of a local charity and held outside under the beautiful blue sky amongst the cacti and palm trees.. heaven! The spa body wrap was performed impeccably by Lisa, with a mission to bring me to the ultimate state of relaxation.
I was surprised as well that the shops had such lovely items. I purchased several pieces of clothing and a lovely pair of sandals at a great price.
The only disenchantments were in the restaurants, particularly the steakhouse. Our meal was wonderful, but the service was so attentive that the various staff (at least 6 of whom came to our table at one time or another in the period of less than an hour) actually became a nuisance. The food came too quickly, the follow-ups after that, then plate clearing and order of dessert. It didn't allow for a relaxing or lingering meal. No time to savour the surroundings, engage in conversation, mentally digest the menu, understand that in the steakhouse you needed to order sides to the meat entree, digest the entree before dessert. Quick service is appealing at times (before a show), but for a resort where there are plenty of empty tables, and boasts spa services, i do not see the need to rush guests through what should be a gastro-spa experience of its own. This was similar in all restaurants.
Surprisingly, the resort was completely booked Saturday night for various events, conferences, a wedding, holiday party, yet we hardly saw any more than 30 people at the outdoor bar or 10 at the main pool at once. It was the strangest thing.
There is so much more that could be said, details to add, but hopefully the picture is clear, this is a luxury spa resort which would not disappoint. We cannot wait to come back and bring our children. There is something for everyone at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you set foot on the grounds of the AAA/CAA Five Diamond Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, you are surrounded by a mystical landscape of lagoons, fountains, fire pits, colorful desert plants and expansive green spaces – all set amid the sun-drenched Sonoran Desert and the majestic McDowell Mountains of Arizona. Blending exquisite pampering and warm, personalized service with alluring Spanish-style architecture and outdoor adventure, the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers all of the superb amenities you expect from a world-class destination resort: -Lavish Well & Being Spa, featuring a variety of spa, wellness and fitness services -Two championship-level TPC golf courses, home to the Annual PGA Tour Waste Management Phoenix Open -Six sparkling heated pools, featuring waterslides, cabanas, poolside service and a 9,000 sq. ft. white sand beach -Five award-winning restaurants and lounges, with something delectable for every taste -316,000 square feet of flexible event space, including both indoor and outdoor venues with two conference centers -Trailblazers Family Adventure Center, offering a wide range of onsite activities to keep kids happy and engaged -Personalized Concierge services, offering access to exciting activities to satisfy everyone ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairmont Scottsdale Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
- Fairmont Hotel Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Fairmont
- Scottsdale Princess