Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$109
$563
$539
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Scott Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$189
3 Palms Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$72
Travelocity
$310
$258
  • Pool
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$199
Hyatt.com
$739
$659
3,637 results
All reviewsla haciendabourbon steakgold loungerooftop poolwillow stream spasunset beachice skatingplaza barsonoran splashchristmas lightssouth poolthe mexican restaurantwater slidescasita suitegolf coursewalk in closetbeautiful property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2006

Let me start by saying that we have stayed at the Princess with several other families for the four past summers and have noticed a slow decline in service and rooms. This year was no exeption we stayed in a casita as always and noticed several problems stains on the carpet , sofa etc. also one of the sinks in the bathroom did not work properly. The service at the front desk was snotty and not welcoming. the only plus for sevice was that my wife forgot her bag at the pool cabana and the server kept it safe for her. There were several other issues to long to mention with the other families I will let them list it here if they wish , However one of the guests with us (a single mother) parked her car with the valet and when she went to retrive it her battery was dead they told her that it was not there fault ( the car is less than a year old) but that they would jump the car after the jumped it they sent her on her way in 105 degree heat of course the car died again and she had to have a guest push her to safety . the thing that irked her was no apology no offer of help not even some bottled water if she was stranded . And to top it off they still made her pay for the valet fee !!This is not how an issue should have been handled at a supposedly 5 star resort. Needless to say we will not be staying here again. Stay at the Phoenician or the Four Seasons If you expect 5 Star Service

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank aark
Reviewed August 6, 2006

My husband and I just got back from a weekend trip to Arizona and we stayed at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. It was a very wonderful trip, we liked it better than our honeymoon in the Bahamas last year. This is a big resort and so many fun things to do that you can spend an entire day inside the resort. The hotel room we stayed in is very spacious for a standard room, well-kept and very clean. The bed is clean and very comfortable. The swimming pools are clean and not crowded. There are 4 restaurants to choose from...the two we tried are the Cabana Cafe by the pool (kinda costly though..2 cheeseburgers with fries cost us $51.00) and LV Bistro (this is just okay for me..not too much selection). I wanted to try THE GRILL but its closed for the month of August for renovation.

The highlight of our trip is the day at the spa. Willow Stream Spa is by far the best spa Ive ever been to. My husband and I both had a massage treatment done early Saturday morning and spend the rest of the day using their facilities inside the spa. They have a rooftop pool (GORGEOUS!), waterful jacuzzi, and inside the locker rooms were another jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, swiss shower, and inhalation room. They also have a lounge room where they serve different organic teas, muffins and cookies. YUMMY! My husband also used their workout facility and he said its great! We were very spoiled that day. We just love being in the spa :)

We are planning of going back again. Or better yet, move to Arizona eventually :) Love, love, love it there!!!!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Lovelle
Reviewed August 4, 2006

I will second all the previous great reviews of this property. The Princess grounds are stunning and immaculately well kept. Service was great everywhere, most of the time by name. Lots of flowers, birds, bunnies and lizards to look at and watch.

I ate at all the restaurants and all were good to great. La Hacienda and The Grill being outstanding in food and service!

Willow Stream spa is by far the best spa I have ever been to. The facility itself is gorgeous and the treatments are heaven. With a treatment you can also use the facility all day including the rooftop pool which was nice and quiet compared to the main 3 pools which were full of kids.

The rooms were spotless with nightly turndown service a nice touch. THe Hot Spot maker for tea was an excellant feature as well. No more running water thru the coffeee pot to make tea!

The only 3 negatives were as follows:

I counted a sum total of 3 umbrellas to be used with lounge chairs on the entire property all of which were at the spa pool. For a destination this hot that is ridiculous.

I realize this is not a "bargain" hotel chain but $4 for a small glass of ice tea or diet coke that is more ice than anything, please! Ditto on $3.50 for a tin of Altoids, give me a break.

The "catch and release pond" is cruel and barbaric. Walking along the lake and seeing cast aside dead/dying fish that swallowed the hook didn't do much for me at all. Although judging from the number of people I saw walking off with their fishing poles at $5 a pop I am sure it is a big money maker for the hotel.

If you are looking for a quiet relaxing property, the Fairmont Princess is great!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo
6  Thank kek
Reviewed August 1, 2006

Fairmont Princess is an excellent resort hotel in a prime location - Scottsdale, AZ. Close to some of the best golf in the country. Beautiful resort layout, lovely pool.

Resort blends into the desert environment.

Excellent, attentive staff that addressed me by name throughout my stay.

Gorgeous rooms with southwest flavor, extremely comfortable bed, separate room for closet.

Highly recommended!

2  Thank Billy_Notts
Reviewed August 1, 2006

If you're looking for luxury in the Scottsdale area, look no further. The Princess has everything from shops on the property to a centrally located pool. I stayed in one of their condo suites seperate from the main building. If you're a couple looking to get away from everything and everyone, the suites are fantastic. Enormous living room with fireplace, couch, dining table, and tv. The bedroom was huge with private balcony. And the bathroom was so big it was almost the size of the bedroom. Oh, almost forgot. The location is perfect. Right down the street from TPC Scottsdale (golfers) and shopping on the main drag is a 1 minute car ride away.

Stayed: December 2005