95 out of 100
I'll try to be succinct and to the point.
Parking: Plenty of attendants offered to help. We took in our own baggage and self-parked very close to the entrance.
Check in: Our room was promised by 4 pm and was not ready until 4:30pm and they gave us 5 coupons for free beverages for the inconvience, value $40 approx. Fine by me. Kids had a "Kids Check in" where they got $10 if Gift Certificates for the shops.
Grounds: Beautifully landscaped. Lots of Palm trees and cactus. Very Southwestern.
Room: A Casita that was very nice for $369 over Memorial Day Weekend. Private balcony, separate bedroom. Big bath and shower and walk in closet. Decor was a little out dated but nice. Very roomy for family of 4.
Casita Pool: Small pool by the Casitas with jacuzzi, open 24 hrs. A mellow atmosphere.
South Pool: Largest pool near center of hotel. It was clean and warm. Dive in movies a night on the weekends. Service was good. Get there early to reserve a chair. It gets crowded by 930 am.
East Pool: Second largest pool, least crowded. Was clean and warm. Has bathrooms nearby.
Senoran Splash: Kids pool with 2 waterslides. Pool was kind of cold and VERY DIRTY. Not sure why, maybe lots of urine. I don't know. This pool has the most shade areas. Pool had 6 cabanas. Service was pretty quick. Girls watching the slides seemed more interested in socializing with each other than making sure guests followed the rules and kids were safe.
La Hacienda: Very good. Expensive. Mariachis playing music
LV Bistro: Quiter. Very good food. Expensive
Room Service: Promised in 30 minutes, came in 30 minutes. 2 guys put down table cloth and set up dinner and silverware. Very good service. $62 for Adult Hamburger, Chicken Cesar Salad, kids hamburger, kids grilled cheese, spinach artichoke apetizer. I felt a good value. Automatic 21% gratuity and $5 delivery fee.
Drinks everywhere are expensive as well as food by the pool. Cabanas are $125 a day with mandatory 21% gratuity. There are 6 at Senoran Splash and 6 at the South Pool
Got a golf cart ride from Casita to Senoran Splash. Called the desk and they said 5-10 minute wait and the guy was there in 5 minutes. If you are walking the grounds beware of these carts, they drive them fast.
Pros: Good service, Good food. Senoran Splash was great for kids, they didn't care it was dirty water and it has a beach entrance for the real little ones. Get your chairs by 9 am on weekends. Dive in movie is good for families, but could be bothersome if you have a room nearby. Grounds were beautiful and staff is always trying to please. Bunny rabbits everywhere. The hotel was at capacity but it did not feel overcrowded, probably because of the size. Turn down service was good and room was always cleaned while we were out.
Cons: Old decor in the Casitas. Must get pool chairs early. Expensive food drinks. Very large grounds my room was on the complete opposite of the resort from the pool we used. We did see a 3 foot long snake on the path to our room at night. It was NOT a rattler. We just stopped and let it go by. Just be aware that you are in the desert and they could be nearby. They did not have enough foam pillows and my kids are allergic to the down pillows in the rooms. They got us a foam pillow the second night. Maps around the hotel are plentiful but not very good. I recommend the husband get up early the first morning there and just walk around and find out where everything is.
Tips: Get your pool chairs early on the weekend. I went to Safeway on Scottsdale Rd 5 miles from resort and stocked up on beer/wine and snacks. I bought a foam ice chest and kept the drinks on ice in my room. It'll save you $100-$200 if you like to drink kike we do. Walk along the lagoons at the back to get to places quickly.
Overall Great Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you set foot on the grounds of the AAA/CAA Five Diamond Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, you are surrounded by a mystical landscape of lagoons, fountains, fire pits, colorful desert plants and expansive green spaces – all set amid the sun-drenched Sonoran Desert and the majestic McDowell Mountains of Arizona. Blending exquisite pampering and warm, personalized service with alluring Spanish-style architecture and outdoor adventure, the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers all of the superb amenities you expect from a world-class destination resort: -Lavish Well & Being Spa, featuring a variety of spa, wellness and fitness services -Two championship-level TPC golf courses, home to the Annual PGA Tour Waste Management Phoenix Open -Six sparkling heated pools, featuring waterslides, cabanas, poolside service and a 9,000 sq. ft. white sand beach -Five award-winning restaurants and lounges, with something delectable for every taste -316,000 square feet of flexible event space, including both indoor and outdoor venues with two conference centers -Trailblazers Family Adventure Center, offering a wide range of onsite activities to keep kids happy and engaged -Personalized Concierge services, offering access to exciting activities to satisfy everyone ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairmont Scottsdale Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
- Fairmont Hotel Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Fairmont
- Scottsdale Princess