My husband and I recently stayed 5 nights at the Princess. The rooms were nice and the comforters on the bed were wonderful, but housekeeping was average at best. Shampoo, coffee, etc. were sparce and we had to call every day for missing items and towels.
The pool was great. It was the one standout amenity. They showed big screen movies every night poolside for the youngsters. We don't have little ones anymore but I thought it was a fantastic idea.
I had a massage at the spa which was $260. It was OK. I expect to pay double at a resort for these services but triple is a bit much. Also, I didn't much like that the nearly 20% gratuity was added to my bill ahead of time.
When we golfed, no less than 9 people handled our bags. One guy shuttled us over, one took the bags from the shuttle and placed them on the curb. Another picked them up from the curb, walked 2 feet and leaned them against the rack. The fourth picked them up from the rack and put them on the cart. Another offered to clean them. We went through the same routine on the way home. My husband is the first one to offer a tip for service but we were feeling a bit taken advantage of. Also, you pay a service charge to leave your bag in a storage room at the hotel.
Finally, I feel that $28 for quesadillas in the hotel restaurant is ridiculous. On the plus side, there are alot of options for dining in the area. P.J. Changs is great. Also, the Cheesecake Factory was a treat for us.
My husband and I travel a great deal and have stayed at the best places, this was nice - but not special. Next time we are going back to the Boulders in Carefree. That was special!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you set foot on the grounds of the AAA/CAA Five Diamond Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, you are surrounded by a mystical landscape of lagoons, fountains, fire pits, colorful desert plants and expansive green spaces – all set amid the sun-drenched Sonoran Desert and the majestic McDowell Mountains of Arizona. Blending exquisite pampering and warm, personalized service with alluring Spanish-style architecture and outdoor adventure, the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers all of the superb amenities you expect from a world-class destination resort: -Lavish Well & Being Spa, featuring a variety of spa, wellness and fitness services -Two championship-level TPC golf courses, home to the Annual PGA Tour Waste Management Phoenix Open -Six sparkling heated pools, featuring waterslides, cabanas, poolside service and a 9,000 sq. ft. white sand beach -Five award-winning restaurants and lounges, with something delectable for every taste -316,000 square feet of flexible event space, including both indoor and outdoor venues with two conference centers -Trailblazers Family Adventure Center, offering a wide range of onsite activities to keep kids happy and engaged -Personalized Concierge services, offering access to exciting activities to satisfy everyone ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Fairmont Hotels, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Scottsdale Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
- Fairmont Hotel Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Fairmont
- Scottsdale Princess