“We were made to feel very special!!!”

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Ranked #15 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Surrey, Canada
“We were made to feel very special!!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I cannot say enough about the staff at the resort! We stayed in Fairmont Gold (well worth it!) and felt like royalty every time we entered their lounge. Patty and her Fairmont Gold Team (Kristen, Marty, Clara and Jennifer) were always attentive and constantly asked "What can we do for you?". Dinner reservations, shopping suggestions, boarding pass printing....the list goes on! Kirsten even made sure that there was gluten free bread for us every morning (I made the request on our first morning and never had to ask again).
The grounds are massive and spectacular so bring good walking shoes! During our walks every staff member, we met, had a big smile and "hello" for us. The Well & Being Spa is a must, we spent time there each day. Our sons are both over 18 so they were able to use the spa facilities as well.
Make sure to walk through the grounds at night and check out the various bon fires. The one near our room had rocking chairs so we sat there in the evenings to watch the stars. I understand that you can order S'mores ingredients to roast by the fire! We found out about it on our last day so we will do that on our next visit! Lunches by the pool were delicious and our favorite meal at the resort was La Hacienda...great Mexican food!
This is a great resort for kid's of all ages....plan to stay there if you want to be made to feel like King's and Queen's!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Vicky039
fairmontscottsdale1, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Vicky039,

Thank you for posting your review. It is terrific to hear your experience at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess was everything you hoped it would be. We take great pride in our service culture and our team’s ability to craft special moments, so I will be sure to pass along your compliments to Fairmont Gold, Well & Being Spa and La Hacienda. (Roasting s’mores at our fire pits is one of my favorite activities, too!) We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon for another relaxing vacation. If there is anything we can do to assist you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Director of Public Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (670)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I know this is an iconic property and I was pleased to have a chance to stay here on a business trip. Unlike other contributors, our stay has been terrible, and we are only 24 hours into a five day stay.

After a 12 hour flight here, they gave us a room at the end of the hotel, and I mean the VERY END. Ground floor room at the end of a 10 minute walk down corridors, outside and then back into a side building and down another hall to the very last room on the property with a full view of the delivery parking lot. Seriously, we were 8 feet from a full lot of parked cars and trucks. We asked to be moved and were given a new room much nearer the center of the hotel. Our bellman walked us back and took us to our new room. No view but not in the parking lot. It wasn't fully made up but he said he would send housekeeping and have someone bring us the keys. After many calls and finally a trip to the lobby, I got keys. Now here is the worst part! I called for my car this am and went to pick it up only to learn they gave my car to someone else who had driven it away. It seems the two rental cars were similar. They couldn't reach the other party and Hertz advised I must report the car as stolen or I could be liable for anything that happened. This took an hour to resolve.

Our room is long in the tooth, the tea kettle was dead, no pillowcases...my chair at dinner in La Hacienda had the legs cut down so my plate was even with my mouth. I felt like I was being plunked, but no one has jumped out of the giant shrubs on my very dark balcony to catch my reaction when all is revealed.
I dread the rest of the week.

Room Tip: Try the Westin Kierland Resort
2 Thank sugarloafkey
FairmontScotsdl, Director of Operations at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Sugarloafkey,

I am very disappointed to hear about your stay thus far and I'm hoping we can connect with you while you're still with us in Scottsdale. We value attentive and personal service and sincerely apologize for an inconveniences you have experienced during your stay.

If you could please reach out to me at gerard.mauvis@fairmont.com at your convenience, I will follow up to discuss these issues with you in more detail.

Gerard Mauvis
Director of Operations
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I cannot say enough about how well this property handled a very important client of mine as well as a family reunion of over 400 people. The customer service was about the best I have encountered in a hotel, and that is certainly a big statement. I did not hear of one complaint that was not readily and perfectly addressed, this is a huge feat given the number of guests and four day duration for a planned event. Singles, families and couples found great things to do. The restaurants were complimented as was the main event dining and service. The events office planned the perfect mix of activities for a varied audience and age groups. The property is lovely, well maintained and has gorgeous amenities. The spa services were well reviewed and the planned golf outing went without a hitch. The hotel really hit it out of the ballpark with this one, which makes my job so much easier. My business requires I find the best fit for events and people, work with staff on every detail and hope for the best, The Fairmont in Scottsdale did not let me down. If I could replicate the service of this hotel my job would be made. I love writing this kind of review, it certainly isn't that often. Bravo to Fairmont. I'm going to be looking at this brand a bit closer with the hope it delivers for me across the board.

Room Tip: The gold room and service is worth the upgrade according to clients, and I have to agree
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sephra,

Thank you sharing your group’s experience at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. We appreciate you choosing Fairmont and are delighted to hear that everything was seamless, from the initial planning stages with our event staff right on through to the reunion activities. It was our pleasure to host your group over the four days and we hope to be able to work with you again in the future. As you take a closer look at the Fairmont brand, we believe you will find that exceptional service and professionalism is the standard and not the exception. In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist in planning a future event or stay.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My conference was being held in another part of Scottsdale and the hotel would not let me check in before 3p so the question didn't linger long on what I should do...take myself over to the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess where they know how to treat their guests. We had stayed there last year for 4-nights and absolutely loved every minute of it, so I knew my way around. Valet parking which is comp when visiting the spa. Asked for a body treatment/massage for around 4p - no problem, booked for 4:30p...lovely - 3 hours to relax in the pools, steam, hot tub and sun with gorgeous peaceful surroundings in my cosy robe and spa shoes. Karen the massage therapist was fantastic and gave my skin it's much needed kneeding. *s* I simply didn't want to leave, however I know I will return to stay here again in one of Scottsdale's perfect oasis.

Room Tip: For a single woman traveller or couples looking for an escape this property is perfect.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank payan_too
Dear Payan_Too,

We sincerely appreciate your time in reviewing your most recent stay. We thank you for joining us once again, this time to visit Well & Being spa. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to Karen. It is wonderful to know you were relaxed and pampered at our resort, which is our ultimate goal! Our staff looks forward to welcoming you back soon, whether for business or leisure.

cincinnati
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My wife and i recently stayed four nights at the Fairmont for a company awards banquet. I found the room to be delightful and spotless. large, clean bathroom and shower with separate closed door toilet.

Very comfortable bedding. nice size patio. larger than expected high def tv.

Keurigs in room, which is one of my pet perks. Beautiful grounds with plentiful palm trees and saguaro cactii.

Pools were decent. I'd prefer bigger pools for a resort this size but that is really splitting hairs.

We dined at the Bourbon Steak house and we both really enjoyed the meal. Sure, its a tad on the pricy side but you kinda expected that, no?

Employees were amazing. always cheerful and helpful, really top notch.

I suppose some folks could argue value vs price point, and they might have a point. that said, we were totally satisfied with the amenities and staff, and it is very clean. if you're going to spend most of your time off resort i might recommend elsewhere. if you're going to take advantage of the services this resort offers i think you would be quite satisfied.

Room Tip: I prefer room near tennis courts - a little further away from the main entance and there is an old t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
fairmontscottsdale1, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear tup30,

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you and your wife visiting us this spring for your awards banquet and are glad you enjoyed the resort, which we always love to hear. We hope to welcome you back again and please let us know if there is anything we can do to help plan a stay.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stayed at the Fairmont Princess in one of their Gold rooms. The service around the hotel and in the Gold Lounge was great as always. I look forward to being treated royally by the gold room staff and they did not disappoint. Had meetings in a Casita room and, although a bit of a walk, these are set up nicely for a small group. I will be back regularly.

Dear GolfGuy26

Thank you for your review on your recent visit. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and received a bit of the Fairmont Scottsdale "royal treatment" and the Fairmont Gold experience. We hope your travels bring you back to visit again soon, whether for business or leisure. Please let us know if we can assist in any way.

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The Fairmont was very beautiful inside and out! The Fairmont was very clean and the staff was very nice. The only Negative besides the high room charge $300+ was that WiFi was not included in the price of the room. Since paying so much for the room you would think WiFi could have been included. Enjoyed our Stay!

Room Tip: Highest floor and overlooking pool or golf course.