The Princess/Fairmont looks full of promise. Beautiful grounds, wonderful facilities. I have visited countless times and stayed a couple, and have put potential hires in here during the recruitment process and business associates here while negotiating deals. But no more.
It always feels like you must just be here at the wrong time. It misses on a few cylinders at best, but often you feel you are just bothering these people. We even lived there on the resort property for a couple years (owned a home in the attached gated community on the golf course.) While they should have thought of those of us in the neighborhood as their best customers, they often treated us as second-class citizens.
Overall, there is an unnecessary snobbiness. Snobby is what you are when you can't impress just by being great. Even the signature restaurant misses the mark, particularly with attitude and service, on most occasions. And the prices throughout the resort are just unnecessary. Other, better hotels around town (Montelucia, Boulders, etc.) take service to a new level -- and make locals feel pampered and special. How silly not to. We are the ones who bring in business travelers and others; we're their best source of revenue growth -- if they wow us whenever they get a chance.
The exception to all this is the spa. It is one of the best, and I still return there at least once a year. I used to go twice a month, but I just don't feel good enough about the place overall to do that.
(This review is based on my most recent experience in March 2013 but also aggregately on experiences from 2010-2013.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you set foot on the grounds of the AAA/CAA Five Diamond Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, you are surrounded by a mystical landscape of lagoons, fountains, fire pits, colorful desert plants and expansive green spaces – all set amid the sun-drenched Sonoran Desert and the majestic McDowell Mountains of Arizona. Blending exquisite pampering and warm, personalized service with alluring Spanish-style architecture and outdoor adventure, the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers all of the superb amenities you expect from a world-class destination resort: -Lavish Well & Being Spa, featuring a variety of spa, wellness and fitness services -Two championship-level TPC golf courses, home to the Annual PGA Tour Waste Management Phoenix Open -Six sparkling heated pools, featuring waterslides, cabanas, poolside service and a 9,000 sq. ft. white sand beach -Five award-winning restaurants and lounges, with something delectable for every taste -316,000 square feet of flexible event space, including both indoor and outdoor venues with two conference centers -Trailblazers Family Adventure Center, offering a wide range of onsite activities to keep kids happy and engaged -Personalized Concierge services, offering access to exciting activities to satisfy everyone ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairmont Scottsdale Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
- Fairmont Hotel Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Fairmont
- Scottsdale Princess