“Great Property!”

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Huge sprawling resort...attraction was the golf! Service and resort staff were friendly and helpful. The resort was lit up for the holidays. Beautiful light show and fireworks in the evening. I saw no need to leave the property. And the spa is rated as the 1 in Arizona. The Willow Stream Spa had a great feel to it...tho a good portion was under construction. The roof top pool was a "must visit"
We stayed in a suite...it was nice, well appointed, but a bit dated in spite of good efforts to "facelift."

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DebKnowles

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Absolutely loved this resort, spotlessly clean, service amazing, friendly staff and beautiful environment. We were there when they were putting up all the christmas lights and outdoor ice rink, absolutely magical and brought a tear to my eye. Everything they do here is so complementary to the environment including the most amazing wild birds that all live around the resort quite happily. The restaurants - mexican one amazing and we finished that evening by sitting outside under the stars in front of a real log burning fire. The spa is just one of the best I've been to and this place has something for everyone and you leave feeling very pampered, relaxed and happy.

Room Tip: Upgrade to gold standard - you get use of the Fairmont gold house which has superb breakfasts, unlim...
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The staff at the Fairmont is possibly the best in the world. You get what you pay for and the Scottsdale hotel delivers - great amenities, tasty restaurants.

A couple of tips. One - be careful what building they put you in. We were in building B and its a haul from the lobby. I could use the excerise if you get my drift so I did ask for a change. But you might, so keep location in mind as you check in.

Two, the main pool is closed right now as they update the buildings in that area. I was there for a business trip so that was not a priority for me. If you are traveling to Scottsdale during the holidays with children, you might wish to confirm that the pool will be open during your stay.

I enjoyed my stay and will be back during my next trip to the Phoenix area.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a building close the lobby when you check in.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Our occasion for visiting this hotel was not a good one, as my husband had surgery in the nearby Mayo Clinic. We spent the night before in our comfortable room, out on our balcony, watching the full moon rise over the mountain. We followed that with a delicious dinner at Michael Mina's restaurant on premises. I spent the next 2 days driving back and forth to Mayo and the staff took amazing care of me. They knew me by name and seemed to really care. When my husband returned with a big cast on his leg, they brought us a wheelchair and did everything possible to keep us comfortable. The room was very comfortable and the bed fabulous. We loved the bathroom and walk in closet. We will be staying there again.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I recently stayed at the Fairmont Princess in Scottsdale for a business conference and had really enjoyed the resort. The service was top notch from check in to the bell man that walked me to my room. This is a very large and spread out resort so it was very helpful that they walked me to my room.

The room was very large and spacious with a balcony and a nice view. The bathroom and walk in closet are very large and overall the room was very nicely appointed.

The resort has 5 pools and one with a water slide. Unfortunately I was there for business and was not able to use them. The pools seemed large and well maintained.

There are several excellent restaurant options on this property. The Mexican restaurant is very good and the guacamole is a must try item. They have a tequila somellier who is very helpful in recommending from their large tequila selection. There is also a Michael Mina Steak House on the property. The restaurants are a bit expensive so be prepared for that.

The Stone Rose Lounge is a great outside lounge with firepits to get drinks. They have a decent beer selection and make good cocktails. They also will serve you the extensive tequila selection from the Mexican restaurant at the firepits are bar. The lounge serves food a bit later than the other restaurants. The staff was very accomadating for a client function we had outside by one of the fire pits.

One downside of this property is the location. There is not much directly around the hotel and it is a bit of cab ride from the airport. I would recommend using the hotel's town car service as it ended up being cheaper and more comfortable than a cab.

Overall I would come back to this property for a family trip or business. The staff makes the experience even better and the combination of top quality restaurants and amenities makes for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Our family of four and another family (each with two 12- 14 year olds) stayed ten nights here in July/August 2012. Incredibly hot weather in Scottsdale with temperatures of 43 degrees!! Arrived late at night after security shut down at NYC so v tired and hungry. Straight to bed but not without really noticing the room was very far from main building.

In the morning we realised the room was very dark and did not really resemble what we had seen on the website - nothing really wrong, just not a sunny aspect and not a great view etc... They happily changed us and the other family we were travelling with and we were all happy with our new rooms - spacious, bright and not miles from the main hub (this is a big place!). Great pools (the children were in their element) and leisure activities - the boys played the famous golf course several times and got great rates. Lots of great eating options on site but when your there for ten days the large portions and high prices do add up. La Hacienda was particularly good, Bourbon Steak was good for steak but particularly expensive and somewhat lacking in atmosphere. We discovered a brilliant thai restaurant a few blocks away on the last night and it was SO good to have a change.

The service throughout from all the staff was generally very good with attentive pool service although it wasn't busy during our time there - not so sure if it would be so calm in high season?The hotel was very clean and well maintained and I would definitely recommend but maybe for a shorter stay as it feel a little 'resort-like' after a week as you cannot easily walk into town or to the nearest shops etc. The security gates around all the pools were slightly frustrating as sometimes i forget my key card and had to alert someone to be buzzed in or go back for it. I can understand the security reasons but it did get annoying. Everything else requires a car or planning. That said it offers some great trips to sedona and grand canyon etc. We kept meaning to try the spa which was highly recommended but we never actually got around to it so cannot comment on that.

Room Tip: This is a big resort so preferably not too far from main hub
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed in a suite overlooking the main pool and golf course. The service was outstanding and very responsive for such a large facility. The options for kickback time were unlimited and for this time of year, while the hotel was full, there was never the feeling of being crowded or that quick service suffered.