I stayed for couple of nights in early October attending a conference at the Fairmont.
Resort - Fairmont is one of the excellent resorts in the northern Scottsdale area. The Fairmont is enormous in size and occupies 65 acres. At the time of check in, you are handed a map and boy, you do need it if you want to explore the facilities at the resort. There are of course, these same maps sprinklered and placed at different places in the resort to guide the guests.
Parking - Parking is $10 per night for self parking with multiple in-outs. You use the hotel key to enter the parking areas and there are five Parking lots distributed around the resort area so that you can park close to where you are staying. Valet parking was $20 with multiple in-outs and we did not have to use the valet. I could park 20 ft from where I stayed and that was useful.
Check-in. The check in was quick and smooth. We were staying in the G block and we were provided a ride in one of these battery powered golf size carts that are used to commute folks around the hotel.
Room - The room was quite large and had a nice working table and comfortable beds. There is a French window using which you can step out. There is a separate closet room. There was a nice LCD tv. Due to the conference and the hectic running around, there was no time to watch it though ,while I stayed. The Internet is not complimentary and was an additional $14 for 24 hours (this charge is per device too).
Bath room - The bath room was enormous too and had four different sub-areas. One had the common area with the sink, the second had a large jacuzzi tub, the third had the shower and the fourth had the commode.
Swimming pools - There are five swimming pools spread around the resort. There is a huge Sonoran splash pool that has couple of enormous water slides running into the splash pool. The pools were huge and had tons of places to lounge around. Due to the weather, I guess it would be a good place to hang around in the heat.
Other facilities - There are other recreational facilities like a golf course, tennis, Spa etc and I did not get a chance to use these and looked to be top notch. There is an additional lagoon in the centre where you can do some fishing.
Service - All the service staff were extremely polite and helpful. This included the folks checking in to the concierges, valet attendants etc.
Price - The list price for the room was$200 per night and that is expensive. Also due to the ambience, I saw that restaurant, bar etc had a quite steep tag.
Summary - The Fairmont is an excellent top end hotel in northern scottsdale area and as with many things it comes with a price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you set foot on the grounds of the AAA/CAA Five Diamond Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, you are surrounded by a mystical landscape of lagoons, fountains, fire pits, colorful desert plants and expansive green spaces – all set amid the sun-drenched Sonoran Desert and the majestic McDowell Mountains of Arizona. Blending exquisite pampering and warm, personalized service with alluring Spanish-style architecture and outdoor adventure, the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers all of the superb amenities you expect from a world-class destination resort: -Lavish Well & Being Spa, featuring a variety of spa, wellness and fitness services -Two championship-level TPC golf courses, home to the Annual PGA Tour Waste Management Phoenix Open -Six sparkling heated pools, featuring waterslides, cabanas, poolside service and a 9,000 sq. ft. white sand beach -Five award-winning restaurants and lounges, with something delectable for every taste -316,000 square feet of flexible event space, including both indoor and outdoor venues with two conference centers -Trailblazers Family Adventure Center, offering a wide range of onsite activities to keep kids happy and engaged -Personalized Concierge services, offering access to exciting activities to satisfy everyone ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, HotelPower, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Fairmont Scottsdale Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
- Fairmont Hotel Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Fairmont
- Scottsdale Princess