Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
$158
$139
  • Pool
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$107
$195
$179
$178
  • Pool
The Scott Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$209
  • Restaurant
$239
$189
  • Pool
Talking Stick Resort(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$159
TripAdvisor
$459
$395
3,690 results
All reviewsla haciendabourbon steakgold loungerooftop poolwillow stream spasunset beachice skatingplaza barsonoran splashchristmas lightssouth poolthe mexican restaurantwater slidescasita suitegolf coursewalk in closetbeautiful property
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I spent a few days at the Princess in August. I know, I know...it's hot in Arizona in the summer. But the rates are great. Played golf a few mornings early, my wife went to yoga or the gym, and then we spent the rest of the day at the pool. There are several pools to choose from. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. As always, the service is top notch (for the most part) Service at the pool area left a lot to be desired. We waited a long time for someone to come over and ask if we needed anything. Finally got tired of waiting and went to the bar area. Again, sat there a long time until someone finally decided to wait on us. After that experience, we left the pool every other day and went somewhere else for lunch. There are several wonderful restaurants available - especially the Bourbon Steak House. Our room was great - we had a terrific view. When we first checked in we were heading to our room and the bellman said that this was a terrible room that overlooked the parking lot and went back to the desk and got us a much better room. Terrific service. Needless to say I gave him a nice tip. Our experience was very positive except for the pool bar area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
FairmontScottsdale, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess this summer! We very much appreciate you joining us and sharing your story. We are disappointed to hear about your pool bar experience and please know that is not the service we pride ourselves upon. We are delighted you enjoyed our many recreational amenities, dining and guest services! We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again soon. Sincerely, Valerie Lee

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Room was spacious and quiet. The layout can get a bit confusing, so pay attention to where you are going. Poolside service at the south pool was only available until 6 pm. Outdoor movies, fireworks, and waterslide were real treats for the kids. Bell service was prompt and courteous, valet service was equally as impressive.

Room Tip: If you have kids, try to get a room near the waterslide pool.
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Our family just returned from a week at this beautiful property. We found the staff to be very friendly and the resort to be very clean and well maintained. We took our 2 children (ages 6 and 9) and had a wonderful week exploring all that Arizona had to offer. Make sure you spend a day or two in Sedona and take the opportunity to ride a pink jeep through the outstanding red canyons. Also plan to make the trip to the south rim of the Grand Canyon. One of the highlights of our trip was the time we spent with Joey and Zac at Western Destinations. The cowboy experience witnessed by our family is not to be missed. Ride the range, shoot pistols and round up those doggies!!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The elevators are not air conditioned and extremely hot. I did not want to walk up stairs in 106 degree heat. We stayed in the airport DoubleTree our first night in Az and the elevator was air conditioned. Our room felt like it was a half a mile from the lobby. Beautiful and clean rooms.
I think $6 is a bit much for a children's slushie never mind $11 for a milk shake. This hotel is very pricey for the average family even with their specials. I must say that the executive chef in the bistro takes pride in making a happy customer. I went to the morning buffet at $20 dollars a person and experienced not real huevos rancheros but overcooked rubbery eggs in a hard tortilla shell. When I mentioned the lack of quality to the waiter the executive chef took over and made me authentic huevos rancheros from scratch. Amazing and tasty!

Room Tip: One closer to the lobby.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Cindy W
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We went to the Fairmont Scottsdale the last week of August. We upgraded to the gold suite which included breakfast. Breakfast was very good. The service was amazing. My children loved the pool and waterslide. As a gold member, the use of the Spa was free. The spa was gorgeous. The room was spacious and very clean. We were spoiled because we had the hotel to ourselves for pretty much the whole week except Saturday. That was the day that tons of people took over. I understand it was labour day but it was a little over the top. We were prevented from entering the swimming pool because we didn't have arm bands. We weren't aware they instituted this for the weekend. I didn't have a problem with this but the man at the gate was very rude! Regardless, overall our stay was great and I would definitely go back avoiding the weekend.