“AMAZING”

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We love this hotel. Went back for the second time in April 2012. Had a great stay. The room are so spacious and have in room keurig coffee machines. Seperate soaker tubs and large shower. Super large bathroom. The resort is fantastic and the Mexican Restaurant on the resort is one of the best restaurant we ever hate at... Gorgeous pool area. Nice Golf Course. Minutes from a GORGEOUS Whole Foods. The service is incredible. Tennis courts. Stunning Restaurants. Really romantic resort. Cant wait to go back. The person who said this was a cheap motel needs a reality check...

Room Tip: Rent a car BUT not from the airport they rob you blind and take you to a RENTAL center... Better to...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer L
There are newer reviews for Fairmont Scottsdale Princess

Reviewed June 24, 2012

The air conditioning was making tons of noise, had to be fixed, still noisy No refrigerator unless I paid an additional 25 dollars, The internet was 14.74 a day unless i joined their club, which I did.
The beds were small. Your better of staying at the Boulders, which treats you much better and doesn't nickle andtime you. No microwave over, not a big room its very small, the bedroom for children. The pool wasn't that clean, it was on the dirty side. The people their seem to look very low class and sleazy. The sink by the wet war didnt work. You need try a different place, unless you dont care. I had to tell the chamber maid to change sheets because she was going to do it..
They keep knocking on my door about the mini bar if i need more items, which i didnt't use.. This is not the place for a high class person. The only plus was the valet people which were very nice to me and my wife.

Room Tip: I would stat at the Grand Hyatt much better place
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank apollo7886
Reviewed June 21, 2012

from the minute we drove up-staff could not do enough-our room was lovely-very clean and spacious-the beds and pillows-the best ever! had happy hour at the mexican good food ,reasonable and really good cocktails!sat night they have really good fire works-now for breakfast-ihad one of the best green chili breakfast burritos ever[-the rest.is by the pool] then to the pool-van milkshake with mango puree and van vodka could it be any better!!!

Room Tip: hard to say the resort is very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ileen56
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I attended a conference that was based at this hotel, and I was blown away by everything on the resort's grounds--friendly staff, great restaurants, and very clean rooms. My room was covered by the event, so no clue about value. Seemed like it must be expensive, though.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Spent the first week of June 2012 at this lovely hotel, soaking up sun.
My friend and I wanted a relaxing week off and that's exactly what we got.
The hotel and it's surrounding area is so quiet because the resort is tucked away - off the beaten path of Scottsdale Road.
A short ride (approx 30 mins) from Phoenix airport was a bonus.

The room:
By the looks of the hotel, I think every room comes with a balcony. I could be wrong..
But our room, with a spacious balcony, was wonderful. We overlooked the east pool, 3rd floor.
Bathroom was large, contemporary and VERY clean. That's the first thing we noticed about the hotel -- sooo clean and well - kept.
In room dining and mini bar was ridiculously priced, as in most luxury hotels.
We made the mistake of thinking the bottled water on the table was free. Duh! Cost us almost $20 for 2 bottles. INSANE.

WiFi: $14.99 (!) per day. Found it extremely irritating that they didn't offer free WiFi in the lobby. Even the shabbiest of hotels offer free WiFi these days. This is why the review is 'very good' rather than 'excellent'. Sorry but little gouging things like this really irritate travelers. Get some free WiFi!

The grounds:
Unbelievable. So lush and clean. Made for some lovely pictures, especially with all the little rabbits hopping around. Too cute.

The pools:
We spent most of our time at the main/south pool - I'm attaching some photos.
There was a separate pool for kids so this kept most of them out of the main pool. Thank heavens.
We found the pool service to be fantastic. The waiters/waitresses were fast and very accommodating.
The drinks were great and the food was ok - nothing special but good.

Restaurants:
La Hacienda (Mexican rest.) was delicious. The margaritas were perfection, as well as the food. Get the lobster tacos!
LV Bistro was awesome - we ate our breakfast there every morning. Great coffee, great menu and the staff was wonderful.
We didn't try the steakhouse but we heard it's very good. Looks quite pricey though.

The Willow Stream spa:
First, just want to mention that I've been to many spas in my time and I am quite spoiled living in Toronto because we have the amazing Elmwood Spa. I'm not easily impressed so you can take this part of my review with a grain of salt.
The spa itself is gorgeous. The amenities are to die for - the waterfall hot tub? Amazing.

I booked a few services that week - 2 massages and a facial.
I cancelled my second massage as I wasn't impressed with the first one I received. Not enough pressure! And the areas that I wanted to work on were not.
Also, the facial was a bit of a joke. Very little extraction - basically, the esthtitician rubbed a bunch of creams on my face, which made me break out the next day.
Price for massage, facial & a spa lunch: $300 (with gratuity)

Scottsdale shopping:
If you take Scottsdale road all the way downtown, you'll basically hit a bunch of malls and restaurants along the way.
Lot's of great places to spend money at Scottsdale Quarter & the fashion mall which is closer to downtown.

I would definetly return to Scottsdale and the Fairmont. Was a relaxing, enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sheridan2867
Reviewed June 15, 2012

First off it was a very nice place and a good location. I think they really poor on the service when you arrive but after that it's not the same.

The good-
Very clean and we'll kept.
Front desk and bell service was great.
Mexican Restaurant was outstanding.

The not so good-
Water in the room is ridiculously over priced and you have to pay a 20% tip to open it.

Pool and service is horrible. Not that it's not nice looking but good luck getting a seat or service. People will hold seats all day long but won't sit in them. So if you plan on getting a seat then get there at 7 am and put your hat on the chair. Don't expect anyone to help you either. Since you don't have a seat no wants to help you find one cause your not tipping.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed June 15, 2012

One of the best resorts I have ever stayed at. Excellent Fairmont service, layout, golf course, pools, bars and restaurants. Did not try the spa but I am sure it is excellent also, considering how great we found everything else. Well maintained expansive grounds. Given all the amenities I think families will enjoy this resort also although I was on a business trip. Set in the beautiful desert landscape of Scottsdale with a lot of outdoor activities available. You can explore both Arizona desert and mountains.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business