“Fairmont is a special experience”

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Ranked #15 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Gerrards Cross, Bucks
“Fairmont is a special experience”
Reviewed December 25, 2007

Excellent rooms, staff and service. Backdrop of the mountains was great. The spa services were fantastic. Comes highly recommended.

• Liked — Great setting and service and spa
  • Disliked — Nothing of note
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
travel agent, San Francisco, CA
Reviewed December 24, 2007

I stayed for a weekend in one of the Casita's. They are very large and have everything that you could possibly need. The fireplace was great also. The Casita's have their own pool area.
The grounds are spacious but not so far that its a long walk to get to the lobby/restaurant area.
The staff is great. I got in late and they drove a golf cart over there and let me follow so i could find the room. My fireplace didn't work one night and they were there within 15 min and had it fixed.
The Concierge for the casita's was most helpful also.
The only downside was that the people above me were very noisy and i could hear them walking, etc.
There are ducks/bunnies/birds all over the place. It is a very relaxing environment.
I would definately recommend this to anyone.

• Liked — large room
  • Disliked — noisy neighbors
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank christy2064
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 12, 2007

I just got back from a 3 day/2 night weekend in Arizona and it was wonderful. It was me and my 2 girlfriends who live in Arizona. I spent Friday through Sunday at the hotel and spent 2 full days at the spa. I got a massage on Friday and a salt scrub on Saturday. The Willow Springs Spa is like heaven. Its a very large and beautiful facility. We used the sauna, hot tub, steam room, aromatherapy room and just read books by the fire for hours. Two of the three ladies I went with are moms of young kids and it was a wonderful break from the chaos. Early december seemed to be an ideal time to visit the hotel. We had a very reasonable upgrade from a regular room to a huge casita which I would highly reccommend as well. The weather was rainy and actually a bit cold but it didnt matter as we spent most of the day in the spa itself and the evenings at dinner and caught a chick flick movie. The service was top notch; someone was always jumping to help us or drive us around the property. My girlfirends and I plan to go back again soon. One side note- we had dinner at "North" on Friday night and my girlfriend got food poisoning. I would be wary of going there again.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank SeattleHotMomma
NY, NY
Reviewed November 9, 2007

My husband and I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Fairmont. We booked through AMEX platinum. We booked the lowest level room and had an 100$ food and beverage credit, free breakfast, and an upgrade if available. We were upgraded to a deluxe room in the main hotel when we checked in.

We had a great time. We found the hotel to be upscale without being trendy and rude (we are from NYC). The concierge service was excellent. They booked our jeep tour in Sedona and they recommended excellent horseback riding in Cake Creek. They also recommended good restaurants off property. The entire staff was friendly and willing to assist.

The pools were lovely. The spa is AMAZING. There is usually a charge (49$) to use it - if you don't have a treatment. The fitness center for the hotel is under renovation so we were able to use the Willow Stream Facility for free. It was beautiful - with a roof top pool, waterfall pool, and various relaxation rooms!

We ate at La Hacienda for dinner one night- we didn't think it was that good. We ate breakfast at LV Bistro every day (it was included thanks to AMEX). The food was really good but it would have been expensive if we were paying! It was about 70$ for 2 of us!! Orange juice was 7$ a glass and coffee was 4$!!

The room was large and comfy. Nice balcony. The TV is old... they should upgrade to flat screen. Also, the safe uses a key. We like electronic ones. Maid service was great!

We loved Arizona and the Fairmont! We can not wait to return!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Needs to upgrade TVs
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LaurynRW
Driggs, ID
Reviewed November 8, 2007

Stayed at the Princess Nov 4-8 during conferance. Nice location but the numerous small distractions really made my experience below average. No wireless on property combined with $14.99 cable internet that was unreliable made working difficult.. In-room phone had buzz making it unusable. Toilet was broken and ran every night. Cracks in the ceiling gave room an un-kept feeling. Fine print charges including $4 for daily maid service and $12 for baggage charges did not make sense. Next time I travel to Scottsdale, AZ on business, I will forgo this over-rated resort. Golf course is average and TPC grill is priced out of its league.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Poor Quality of room
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank Eagledriver045
Chicago
Reviewed November 6, 2007

This past week, my family and I stayed at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess for a few days of R and R, and could not have been more pleased with both the service and the amenities of the property.

Our casita room was lovely, with a large sitting area with a working fireplace and a well assigned (2) double bed bedroom. The bathroom itself with its walk in shower and separate tub, as well as an attached walk in closet, was quite comfortable as well. One caveat - a small refrigerator would have been a welcome addition to our room and it seemed that some of the room's amenities, including but not limited to the fold out couch could be updated. All in all - a lovely room. The casita section has its own pool which was convenient and well attended to.

The service at the Fairmont was outstanding. Calls to and stop bys at the concierge station were always handled professionally and in a friendly manner. The staff who provided club car rides across the property were positive and attentive. I've frequented various spas across the country, and the personnel at the frontdesk of the spa were so positive and friendly, it was almost catching. My technicians for both a massage and pedicure were also accomodating and continued with an environment of serenity and relaxation. And the spa amenities were such that I didn't want to leave the spa after my appointments. All in all, a refreshing, unpretentious spa.

The only downside or something that we wished the property would have had was a coffee shop or ice cream shop where you could stop by for a quick refreshment.

Our toddler enjoyed the sand box area near the Sonoran pool and there were sand toys there for play so if you have younger children, that is a plus.

Yes, there was construction on the property grounds, but my family and I were not affected by it much at all, but we also were not in the main hotel.

• Liked — Great service, lovely spa
  • Disliked — No apparent coffee shop or ice cream shop for a quick, inexpensive bite to eat
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank mabchicago
near Saratoga, NY
Reviewed November 4, 2007

We were excited to snag a $119. nightly rate for a 1-night stay before flying out of Phoenix. We arrived around the same time as busses full of convention-goers. Check-in was busy, and the fact that I was part of their President's Club made little difference. Our key card did not work, so after negotiating our way to our room, we had to go back to the front desk and do it all over again.
Like others have said, parts of the resort were blocked off due to conventions. Our room was nice and spacious.

We had just come from staying at a gorgeous B&B in Sedona, and I think that's just more our style. Again, we liked our room, but overall, the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess was too big and too crowded for us.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple