It mystifies me that this hotel is a 5-Diamond resort. We have stayed in many hotels and resorts in Arizona and the Fairmont Princess falls short. The good: employees were unfailingly helpful and cheerful and personable.
The rest: The rooms are very dated and worn; our room in particular was configured wierdly. A very long hallway from the entry door down to the bedroom (the bathroom a long walk from the bedroom) - the room was furnished in such a way that the television was to the left of the bed. The only way to watch if we were in bed was to crane our necks or lie on our sides. Ridiculous.
The property is confusing - yes, we had a map, but there are few directional signs pointing guests in the right direction. Wandered around a lot trying to find things.
The NOISE LEVEL throughout the property is almost deafening. Inside and outside alike, there is pounding pulsating high volume music playing. It's like being at a club or at a party but there's no one there. We had a drink in the bar before dinner and couldn't get out of there fast enough - it was dark (couldn't read the menu) and although our bartender was terrifically personable and chatty, we couldn't hear him or speak with him unless we all yelled.
To make matters worse, there is an OUTDOOR LOUNGE situated beneath guest rooms - the noise and music carry up and are amplified by the stucco walls so that when we were in bed, with the door closed, down that long long hallway away from the entry, with the TELEVISION on, we could STILL hear the music and people laughing and screaming.
We wear ear plugs when we sleep - but the noise still penetrated at times.
This is totally unforgivable.
The resort was also very expensive all things considered. We live in Sedona and spend time in Scottsdale/Phoenix frequently. We return to those places we enjoy. We will NOT be returning to the Fairmont Princess.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you set foot on the grounds of the AAA/CAA Five Diamond Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, you are surrounded by a mystical landscape of lagoons, fountains, fire pits, colorful desert plants and expansive green spaces – all set amid the sun-drenched Sonoran Desert and the majestic McDowell Mountains of Arizona. Blending exquisite pampering and warm, personalized service with alluring Spanish-style architecture and outdoor adventure, the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers all of the superb amenities you expect from a world-class destination resort: -Lavish Well & Being Spa, featuring a variety of spa, wellness and fitness services -Two championship-level TPC golf courses, home to the Annual PGA Tour Waste Management Phoenix Open -Six sparkling heated pools, featuring waterslides, cabanas, poolside service and a 9,000 sq. ft. white sand beach -Five award-winning restaurants and lounges, with something delectable for every taste -316,000 square feet of flexible event space, including both indoor and outdoor venues with two conference centers -Trailblazers Family Adventure Center, offering a wide range of onsite activities to keep kids happy and engaged -Personalized Concierge services, offering access to exciting activities to satisfy everyone ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Fairmont Hotels, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Scottsdale Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
- Fairmont Hotel Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Fairmont
- Scottsdale Princess