4,035 results
All reviews la hacienda bourbon steak gold lounge sunset beach willow stream spa rooftop pool ice skating plaza bar sonoran splash christmas lights south pool the mexican restaurant water slides casita suite walk in closet golf course beautiful property
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The Fairmont Scottsdale is the ideal place for a family vacation. We were in a Fairmont Gold Jr. Suite. There was plenty of room for the four of us, (mom, dad, 13 and 15 year olds) and the bathroom is absolutely enormous. The beds were very comfortable (two queens, which is what lead us to the Fairmont Gold section of the hotel, the regular rooms have a choice of one king or two doubles). Two large flat screens, both bigger than ours at home. The Gold rooms have free wi-fi, and our laptop worked fairly consistently there. The pools are gorgeous, with a lot of variety: beach entry with water slides, olympic type with lap lane and volleyball net, huge upscale with giant jacuzzi, plus one for adults on the roof of the spa. All the pools had more than enough lounge chairs, umbrellas, and natural shade.

The best part of the Gold program has to be the Gold lounge ... terrific breakfast buffet with really unique hot items (southwestern eggs benefit, creme brulee oatmeal, huevos rancheros), really fresh baked goods, lox and bagels, yogurt parfaits, and fruit. In the afternoon there were appetizers ... I was expecting chips and salsa, crudites, etc. ... what we got was empanadas, miniature lobster pot pies, shrimp cocktail ... and everything presented very artistically. Plus, throughout the day we could stop by on the way to the pools for sodas, ice tea, and water. The lounge itself had another huge flat screen, tables and chairs, sofas, and newspapers.

I've saved the best for last: the people. These were the nicest people I've ever dealt with in a service environment. Kaycee, Marty, Sue, just to mention a few. Always someone asking if you're ok, do you need anything, how about a golf cart ride to the pool, etc. My 13 year old son lost (misplaced) his iTouch. We searched the room, up and down, thought it must be in the lounge. When we went to look there, the people working there looked for it like it was their own lost lottery ticket! They even moved furniture! Naturally it was in our room between two couches ... went back to tell the folks in the lounge and they all did the happy dance with us. I have never encountered this kind of service, and I like to think I've traveled to some upscale places.

It seemed deserted our first four days, the last two it seemed to fill up with a conference but no real negativity there.

Check out my review of the on-site steakhouse, Bourbon Steak.

You need to spend a week at this resort, we haven't stopped talking about it for days.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank softballtraveler5
FairmontScottsdale, Manager at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Dear Guest,

Comments like yours make us so proud. We are always striving to attain the highest possible level of service for our guests and we're so pleased that you were able to experience that with us. Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback - we truly appreciate it and we look so forward to welcoming your family back soon.

Thank you again!

Kind Regards,
Catherine Spear - Communications Manager

Reviewed July 31, 2011

I am a frequent guest of the Fairmont Scottsdale and have to say that this trip did not disappoint. We were there over the Memorial Day Weekend. I requested a room facing the lagoon on the east side of the South Pool (by the Upper East Deck). Those rooms have a great view of the ponds and golf course. At night, the ponds have a fire pit in the middle that offer a really nice ambiance. Upon check-in, the front desk agent told me that they had us in a Double/Double, but told her that my reservation was for a King Bed and had called days ahead and was very specific about my room location and type. She apologized and was very quick to rectify the situation. Nice touch !

The crowd wasn't too bad over the Memorial Day Weekend. Thank goodness management decided not to host one of the Scottsdale Pool Parties that are so popular during the summer months. There wasn't a problem getting pool lounge chairs at the south pool. There were plenty of towels available and the pool waitstaff was efficient, coming by once every 20 minutes to see if you needed anything. My only complaint during the whole stay (5-day stay) was about the cleanliness of the pool. By 2pm almost everyday, the corners of the pool would look like a dumping ground of cups, straws, leaves and oil residue from suntan oil/spray. Everyone who happened to be lounging on those sides of the pool had to endure looking at trash for the bulk of the afternoon. Everybody in the area notified the pool staff, but they told us that they would only clean it at night. Truly an unacceptable response ! If they would have provided me a skimmer, I would have done it myself.

The rooms at the Fairmont were very nice, as expected. The carpets were in good shape and the bed was very comfortable. The room decor was eye appealing and the balcony are spacious enough to enjoy a morning breakfast or an evening nightcap while watching the fire pits.

The workout facility by the South Pool has changed. They switched spaces with the old Kids Club area, so now the workout facility has lost the aerobics room which was nice if you wanted to stretch out, do some yoga or use any of the aerobics equipment. They also did away with the locker rooms (which had showers and a dry sauna).

The grounds of the Fairmont were immaculate ! The landscape is so picturesque with the neatly trimmed grass, lily pads surrounding the ponds, the rose bushes, nearby golf course and the fire pits accompanied with over-sized chairs.

Lastly, the Willow Stream Spa was as advertised. This was the best part of the stay.
Once you get there, it's like you're in another world with the serene and aromatic atmosphere. Time spent here is well worth it !

Room tip: Call the hotel directly within several days ahead of your arrival to ensure that the room type/location you've requested is available.
Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank qbchiefs

Dear Guest,

Wow! We are so thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed spending Memorial Day weekend with us. I am so glad that we exceeded your expectations during your trip. We have certainly made note of your comments for future holiday weekends. Thank you again for your feedback and for the photos you've shared! We look forward to welcoming your family back again soon.

Kind Regards,
Catherine Spear - Communications Manager

Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed at the Fairmont during a business trip. It is a large hotel in a magnificent setting. It has a number of pools, manicured grounds and a great spa with its private pool. We really enjoyed our stay. Even if we were there for business, it felt like we were vacationing in a resort in Mexico.

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Spent two nights at the Fairmont Princess Scottsdale this week on business. The room product was not satisfactory but the staff was universally personable. Everything on the sprawling campus is difficult to find, a very confusing layout. Corridor smelled musty and moldy (rm B3113). Lots of wasted square footage in the room layout. Television signal quality was generally poor and the TV seemed difficult to control with the remote. The program guide on the TV had zero correspondence with the actual channel lineup, which did correspond to the paper card, but it took me a while to find that.

There are lots of places to stay in Scottsdale and I can't think of any reason to go back to this one. We had a relatively low rate, but the Fairmont brand promises better than what we got. Disappointing compared to other Fairmont experiences.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank soxfannumberone
Reviewed July 28, 2011

After a day's drive, we were all too happy to check into this hotel. Our car, because it's a hybrid, was valeted for free. The bellmen were helpful and courteous. The registration desk was welcoming. Our room was beautiful and spotless. The bathroom had a separate toilet, a soaking tub, a roomy shower stall, and 2 sinks. We enjoyed the bar area, and the grounds are especially lovely at twilight. I've been here before and I'll stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with friends