“Sweet Suites! HomeSuiteHome in Scottsdale!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn & Suites Scottsdale North

Days Inn & Suites Scottsdale North
Ranked #34 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Sweet Suites! HomeSuiteHome in Scottsdale!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

For 9 days, I stayed in a SPACIOUS mini-suite [well-worth the little bit of extra money per day]...I could LIVE there!
Friendly staff; courtesy WIFI, computer, & printer; HDTV's; courtesy shuttle within a 5-mile radius; clean, unpretentious, conveniently-located facility with swimming pool, Jacuzzi, laundry; comfortable beds; etc. Comp breakfast including waffles!
They also can accomodate pets...
THANKS for the hospitality, Jennifer, et al...
Johnny De, Scottsdale

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are preferred.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Scottsdale North, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear L D,

Thanks so much for posting your sweet review about your stay with us. When guests plan to stay with us a long time, we find that our suites provide guests with the design and amenities of a modern home. It can be difficult for guests to be away from home for an extended period of time so we understand the importance of providing amenities such as complimentary breakfast, wifi and shuttle service, just to name a few. We are so happy that you enjoyed you time with us and we look forward to serving you here again.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Room was nice and well kept. The courtyard and pool area was again, very nice and clean. I also enjoyed that there was a patio area and furniture to hang out in front of your room.

We got the hotel room so we had a safe place to go after a night at, The Talking Stick. What really made our stay special was the continental breakfast which consisted of fresh fruits, and the standard breakfast foods. The design of the lobby is beautiful, bright, and super comfortable for many visitors to enjoy.

There was a young man working there named, Jeff and he was very helpful, very kind, and really attentive at his job. You could tell he really cared about what he did and I could tell he was a great employee.

I don't typically go online just to do online surveys unless I really feel compelled to. So I'd like to give a special thanks to Jeff for making the end of our trip so jolly and really touching all of our hearts.

Room Tip: Make it to the continental breakfast! :)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Scottsdale North, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear GabriellaAntoinette,

Thanks so much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. We endeavor to give all our guests the best in service and accommodations and we appreciate your compliments. We are proud of all of our people, and Jeff consistently delivers excellent service with a great attitude. I'll be sure to share your review with him and reward him for being mentioned by you. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Dillwyn Va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Just got back from a three night stay at this Days Inn and Suites. I'll get the cons out of the way first. It's a long way from the airport- $35-$45 cab fare (paid $45 from the airport with Yellow Cab, $35 back with Discount Cab) and unless you like casinos your dining options are all chain stuff like BWW, Hooters, etc. The breakfast was so-so but pretty typical for Days Inn. The electric outlets with built in fuses would short out when I tried to use the coffee maker. It's rather expensive per night.

The pros made all of the above insignificant. THE BEST STAFF I have had the pleasure of dealing with in many years. The hotel provides a free shuttle service within a 5 mile radius and staff were willing to drive us to Old Town Scottsdale which seemed a bit farther than 5 miles. They also picked us up there without complaint at the end of their shift (10:30 pm) saving us cab fare. When we checked out at noon, they let us leave our bags at the hotel while we caught a baseball game across the street at Salt River Fields- walking distance and a beautiful spring training park. When we returned to get our bags, there was an envelope containing my iPod which I thought I had lost but the staff found while cleaning the room. Morgan was shutting down the pool one night 5 minutes before it closed but had no problem leaving it open for 15 minutes so I could take a swim. Emma, Morgan, shuttle driver Jeff, y'all are the best of the best. The room was clean, the pool and hot tub area was clean, daily happy hour included low price adult beverages (hotel also provides a cooler with reasonably priced beers and liquor for sale as well as good quality snacks and sandwiches).

All in all no complaints and would recommend that management give the staff a raise because they were top notch.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Scottsdale North, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear redsoxDillwynVa,

Thanks for posting your great comments and 5 star rating. We value all guest feedback and really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. I'm sorry about the outlet problem that you had and hope you will let us know what room you were in, if you haven't already reported it, by contacting me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. We are proud of our team and I'll be sure that Morgan, Emma and Jeff are properly rewarded for being mentioned her by you. We look forward to seeing you here the next time you visit Scottsdale.

Harpenden, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Days Inn vary from the poor to the very good, and this was probably the best I have stayed in. Until recently it was an unbranded hotel and had shortly before become a Days Inn. As a result, the front desk clerk told me, bookings were up. It consists of a number of different blocks, facing a garden/lawn area with a large pool and nice terraces. It was very quiet, with little traffic on the road. The blocks are two storey with external corridors (though I think one of them had internal corridors with the rooms enjoying balconies - though one side looked over the car park). My room had recently been refurbished, and there were chairs and a table (and, most important, an ash tray) outside. The public area, with a big breakfast room, was clean and bright and appealing. Plenty of parking, though not, in traditional motel style, outside the door of your room. There is a lift (elevator, if you prefer). For an inexpensive stay in Scottsdale, I'd thoroughly recommend it).

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room overlooking the garden area, and not the car park.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UKPeripatetic
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Scottsdale North, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear UKPeripatetic,

Thank you very much for posting your wonderful review and recommendation about our hotel. I"m glad you like the improvements we've made and appreciate your feedback. I hope we can serve you here again the next time you are in Scottsdale.