“Great Hotel; Good Value & Great Service”

Scottsdale Marriott Suites Old Town
Ranked #35 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Houston, TX
“Great Hotel; Good Value & Great Service”
Reviewed October 25, 2009

After deciding on this hotel for a guys' trip to Scottsdale with two friends, I was a bit concerned when we were unable to get the two-bed suite originally requested. However, after reading the reviews, we decided to proceed, and were glad thad we did. After early flights into Phoenix, we arrived earlier than the normal check-in time, but the young lady at the front desk allowed us to check-in without a problem, assuring us that the one-bed suite should not be a problem for our group, and it was not. Equipped with a sofa-bed and murphy bed, in addition to the king bed in the bedroom, the suite turned out to be a great option. The room was also very nicely equipped with a wet bar, mini fridge, two flat panel televisions, and modern furnishings. The hotel gym was also nicely equipped, and the valet was courteous and informative, providing options for nearby eateries, which were varied. The hotel was located in an area which appeared to be very safe, and although there were several nightclubs within walking distance, they were not so close as to be a hidrance. All told, this hotel was a great value and will definitely be near the top of my list on any future visits to Phoenix.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rolayna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Schaumburg, IL
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I have always been a fan of Marriotts. However, this past Saturday, my college age daughter and I stayed here and I was really taken back at the fact that this hotel had murphy beds (bed hidden in the wall). I had booked this hotel about a month prior to the trip and then we arrived exactly at check in time at 4 pm. The front desk manager informed me that they did not have any more rooms with two beds. Then there was a long silence as I asked why I would not have my room request honored. He then said they had a 'parlor room' with a murphy bed. I looked at him a little stunned. He did nothing to explain or apologize that we had to pull down the second bed from the wall. Hmmm...and this is a Marriott in Scottsdale? Okay, we took it and the room was fine, but once the bed was pulled down, there was nowhere to walk in the living room and my daughter said the bed was not very comfortable.
I also booked the Dining Package which included dinner at Digestif a few blocks away which was very interesting and delicious if you are up for trying new things (like rabbit and quail). The dinner and voucher for $75 dining worked out just fine, but in the morning we were supposed to also have breakfast in the hotel included in this package and the front desk manager looked puzzled when I asked for our voucher for breakfast. I pulled out my confirmation sheet and pointed out that was part of the package and he said - just go have breakfast in the morning and tell the server it is included....no voucher. Strange. Naturally, when we had breakfast and told the server when the bill came, there was a lot of confusion and I had to walk up to the front desk and ask them to straighten this out. Not exactly Marriott standards.
On a positive note, it is a lovely clean hotel in a great location and the breakfast buffet was really good. You can park for free on the street and there were plenty of spaces.

• Stayed September 2009
4 Thank katezooza
Sterling VA
Reviewed July 26, 2009

Great location - short walk to shops and dining. Pool was great - some rooms have small balconies. Common areas are well maintained and staff was friendly. My room had two tvs, french doors to the bedroom and a beautiful bathroom. Though the Suites were spacious I wished there was small frige in the room because in the summer months you need to keep lots of water handy. Company rate of $99.made the hotel a bargain but the bargain rate was offset by the cost of parking. Internet access was $12.99 a day -noon to noon - which I think is a little high. Would I stay there again? Yes but before I do - I would check the rate/review for Hilton and Hyatt Place which are located across the street .

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank CopperPenny2
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2009

Of all the Scottsdale hotels this is in one of the best locations. Many bars and restaurants within a short walking distance. Rooms are adequate and reasonable value.

Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I like most everything about this hotel: great service from valet, front desk staff, room was nice and clean, bathroom. However, I ordered room service twice, once for breakfast and another for dinner and both times they messed up my order. This was frustrating considering how expensive room service is! I did eat in the restaurant another night, and that order was correct - maybe it's the phone or delivery people for room service?

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank amp4077
Irvine, CA
Reviewed May 4, 2009

I was there on a golf weekend with 12 other guys and found the service at the desk to be friendly and competent. The rooms were nicely appointed with flat screen TV's and were very clean. Lots of Old Town restaurants and bars within walking distance.
I would stay there again without question.

• Stayed April 2009
2 Thank Golfman44
san jose, ca
Reviewed March 29, 2009

My husband, my daughter, her 8 year old daughter and myself stayed for 3 nights this last weekend. The overall location of this hotel is wonderful if your focus is to be close to Scottsdale Old Town/Spring Training. Outside of this convenience this place offers very little over many moderately priced chain hotels. The sofa bed was horribly uncomfortable, the continental breakfast cost $12 and was no better than any other continental breakfast at any other better priced hotel, the heated pool was cold, the self parking cost daily and the noise that carried from passer-bys was terrible! This hotel seemed to be the perfect spot for men of varying ages who wanted nothing more than to drink and leer after women which we witnessed at every occassion we wanted to use the available amenities.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family