“Nice but......”

Ranked #38 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Nice but......”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed there for a night and the suite we got was clean, well-kept and spacious, what you expect from Marriott. We didn't use the hotel's parking, since we found free parking just across the street. Breakfast was ok - nothing special, actually worse than the Marriotts in Europe and Asia.

What I really dislike is that they charged me $1 for a newspaper that left outside my door!? I have never ordered any and I didn't even touch it and I was charged $1 at check-out? Most places I stayed at offer complimentary newspaper. It's not a $ question but a question of principle!

This really have made me give this hotel 3 out of 5.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CPHBear

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed for one night- the staff was really nice, I had to make multiple faxes and had been on the go since 3am that morning, the front desk took care of my business seamlessly. I had a great breakfast the next day in the hotel restaurant. Parking was convenient, the room was spacious and very clean -I slept like a log that night.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a nicely located hotel. The rooms are built as small suites which makes them much more comfortable with more space and French doors that open from the bedroom into the living room.
The one month stay I had to make on government "home leave" was made even nicer by a very pleasant staff. The only draw back was the relationship the hotel has with the town car drivers. There was constant pressure to use the much more expensive town cars vs a taxi. Even to the point of a staff member even scheduling our taxi later than asked which forced us into using a private car. This was the only drawback during our otherwise very pleasant stay. I would recommend this hotel and we plan to return; nothing is perfect.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine maybe not facing the drive up the lobby might help cut down on noise.
1 Thank sarcarja
Nogales, Arizona
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family & I stayed at this hotel back in March 2013. Mr. Jesus Gomez assisted us with the reservations and as soon as we got there everything was ready. Mr. Gomez's service was very pleasant, professional. He understands the meaning of great customer service. After this experience I have been recommending your hotel thanks to Mr. Gomez and the overall experience we had at your hotel.
My congratulations for having such an exceptional employee!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nogales-Santa C... C
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel a few times and each time have been a satisfied customer. Suites are a good size, have comfortable beds, lovely views of the sunrise and mountains off in the distance, and have a huge bathroom. The staff are always friendly, greeting me each time I entered the lobby on the way in or out. I've stayed for 1-2 nights and 5+ nights and it's been great each time. Major plus is it's within easy walking (or golf cart) distance of many of the Old Town Scottsdale restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: Rooms on a higher floor with views of the mountains are quiet and have a great view of the sunrise.
2 Thank dcmerk
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I thought this Marriott was really nice. The room was spacious and clean and I liked how the hotel offered fruit immersed water in the lobby. I also enjoyed the exercise room. It had updated equipment, a nice TV, fresh towels and even fresh fruit was offered. There was a bar off the lobby area and tables and counters if you wanted to have a drink or a bite to eat while you worked on your laptop etc.. The only thing that I did not like about this hotel was the location of the pool. The pool is literally below all of the balconies of the entire hotel, so when you are in the pool and the jacuzzi, there is absolutely no privacy. You are on display for EVERYONE to see you. This was uncomfortable especially since there were very few people at the pool. Otherwise, I thought it was a very nice place to stay. Also, it offered a washer and dryer and detergent free of charge in case you needed to do some laundry!

Room Tip: Choose a room that if higher up and away from the ice machine.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Trixie1965
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed August 6, 2013

If you are a SF Giants Fan, this is the place to stay during Spring Training, you are a mile from the Ball Park and there is lots of fun and interesting things to see within walking distance and too many Great Restaurants to mention near by. The Hotel also has a very comfortable dining room and Bar in the lobby and service has always been exceptionally good. I have been staying here for the past ten years and have seen 3 complete renovations, they are always clean and up to date. Home away from Home.

Room Tip: If you have kids, plan ahead, this facility is geared for the adult business traveler. The pool area...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family