“Lack of customer service and care”

Scottsdale Marriott Suites Old Town
Ranked #36 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed at the mariott hotel on Old town over the holidays and was very disappointed. I was booked in a room with construction work scheduled on a room above my head, the tub was never cleaned for four days which had hair fr a previous guest. The location of my room was on the other side of the housekeeping storage room, so every morning about 8 am I would hear the banging of carts and items being thrown around. I also received another guest's express Checkout bill under my room door for no reason. I had a very bad experience in the hotel restaurant after ordering a 26 dollars steak that I Sked twice to have it cooked well done and it was returned to me the way it left and was cold. This was the worst stay I have ever had at a Marriott. I will not be staying in one again after what I paid for four day and two rooms with this poor service.

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I tend to stay at Marriotts when I travel and decided to book a stay at the Scottsdale Marriott Suites for a short business trip. This hotel is located just of Scottsdale Road in the center of the Old Town area. The hotel is a short walk away from some restaurants and gift shops.

All of the rooms are suites. Each suite has a french doors which separate it from the living area. My suite included a refrigerator and bar area. All fo the standard amenities were there, including a bath robe! The bathroom area contained a separate shower and bath tab. Overall, the room was quite nice.

The hotel also has a fitness center with several pieces of cardio equipment and an exercise machine as well. It's not a complete gym by any means but it was adequate for my stay. There is also an outdoor pool and spa.

Internet service was quite good. There was a good assortment of channels on the TV.

My rate included breakfast. I opted for the buffet. It was on the smaller end in terms of choices. There were eggs, bacon, fruit, and a few other items. Overall it was adequate but if I were there for several days I might want more variety.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ElGringoViajero
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Located minutes from shopping in Old Scottsdale this hotel is ideally placed. Numerous restaurants also abound in the area, many with al fresco dining. A walk to major mall with top tier shops and restaurants is 12-15 casual walk. Rooms are clean. Because of suite concept all units have bedroom and fairly large sitting room with desk, pull-out sofa and and large screen TV. And adequate but pricey breakfast buffet is available daily, but better deals are available in neighborhood. Outdoor pool is heated so December weather is not problem. Front desk staff and supervisors -Brian and Jesus, both committed to enhancing customer experience. Other staff also work at creating a "we'll be back" experience for guests. Price is right and service very good......

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Serviceprof
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed at the Marriott for one night before flying back east for holidays. The hotel is within easy walking distance of Old town Scottsdale. A clean, large, well appointed room with separate living/sitting area, desk, chair and flat screen TV. Bed seemed a bit too soft and not particularly comfortable, but otherwise no complaints. With exception of bed, I would recommend this hotel when visiting Scottsdale.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Recently stayed at this property (November 2012) for an overnight business trip in Scottsdale.
Great location and both convenient underground hotel parking (fee) or on street. Both were available at check-in. I opted for the hotel parking for it's convenience, an elevator ride to lobby and the in/out privileges.

Front desk staff were very accommodating and provided all of my requests (High floor, near elevator - but not next to, extra pillows, etc.). Check-in was efficient and friendly.

Bar area was open, yet quiet enough to meet with business associates for brief meetings.

Staff were all friendly. Nice breakfast buffet with, again, a friendly staff!

Hotel is in the heart of 'Old Town' Scottsdale and offers close proximity to many great shops and restaurants, bars, and attractions! Great walking area!

Quick checkout!

I would stay again when in the area!

Room Tip: You could save on parking fees if you don't mind parking on the street and possibly walking a ha...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I am a Marriott fan. This hotel has spacious suites and is centrally located. I could walk to most restaurants (but didn't). Two complaints. On Monday morning there was no hot water. When I asked the front desk what was going on, they said to run both the bathroom tap and the shower for 10 to 15 minutes and the hot water would make it up to my 3rd floor room. I find this incredibly wasteful foe a hotel located in a desert. It made the little notice to re-use towels to save water laughable. On Monday I had a late start, so I put a "do not disturb" sign on the door. At 10 am when I went to open the door there was a note that they would not service my room that day since I had the do not disturb sign out. Of course the front desk handled this, but I found the note to be ridiculous.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The hotel is nicely situated near shops and restaurants. I had a conference at the Phoenician (sold out) so was booked randomly into the Marriott. It fit the bill perfectly. The room was huge, with 2 tvs and couch. The gym is nice, moderate size. I ordered room service once and enjoyed it. The service was great--everyone was super friendly. They charge for wireless internet daily ($12-13) which worked well. The only complaint was that the bath was dirty when I arrived, but they cleaned it the next day without me saying anything (I used shower).

Room Tip: Try to get a room off the street, it was a little noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business