“Nice Villas”

Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas
Ranked #27 of 76 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in a villa with another couple. The size of the villa was impressive with each bedroom having its own attached full bath. There is also a full kitchen, living room, and a private patio so the unit is ideal for couples or a large family. The only downfall would be the villas are a hike from the main building and the location is a bit odd behind a strip mall. We felt secluded from the main building which could be a plus or minus depending on what you're looking for. The actual location of the hotel is convenient if exploring Scottsdale or Tempe, but it is too far from Old Town Scottsdale to actually walk for dinner or drinks.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ruhl34
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for being with us and for this great review and ratings on your stay in a Villa at our resort. We do offer complimentary shuttle services to and from the Villas, the resort, as well as to locations such as Scottsdale Old Town, Fashion Square and all the attractions, dining and lounges within a two mile radius of our resort. We do hope that you have an opportunity to come back to Scottsdale and, when you do, that you will return to our Villas and our resort.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,554)

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I recently spent a week in the Phoenix area. I stayed in various Hilton brand hotels including the Biltmore and I enjoyed this location the best. I arrived early and was told that my room was not quite ready but a poolside room was available for a 10.00 charge. It's was 112 outside so I jumped at the room. The from was nice, clean roomy. It had a walk out that had 2 chairs (shared with the room next door). The pool area was nice, lots of towels and ice water was available. The hotel also had several outdoor seating/lounge areas. I enjoyed it the space as I like to be outside as much as possible and found it nice to sit and read with a glass of wine and not being stuck in the room. Everyone was friendly, parking was including which was nice. I had two points that stopped me from giving it a five. The air conditioning never shut off and even though the temp was set at 70, it was comfortable but never cold and very noisy. My second issue was a 4.00 charge for an item I apparently took from the mini bar. I never opened the mini bar and squabbling over 4 seems petty. It will cost more in time and effort to defend. It was a nice hotel, probably would pick it first next time.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank diggerjones
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for being with us and for this very positive review and ratings on your stay at our resort. We really appreciate that you enjoyed our resort the best of what you experiened in Phoenix. At the same time, I apologize for the issues you experienced with the guest room air conditioning and the minibar charge. From the info presented here, I am unable to tell what specific room or your name, which would help me better address both issues. However, I will review with my engineering team and with the details you provide locate the room and address the issue. I would also like to adjust off the minibar charge if you could contact us. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again, first this time, when you return to our area.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The Hilton Scottsdale Resort Hotel and Villas was everything we could have asked for - close to shopping, rooms were clean and comfortable and service was excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who might be traveling to the Phoenix-Scottsdale area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for selecting our resort and this great review and highest ratings on your stay with us! Location, cleanliness, service and comfort!! What else would anyone want! We look forward to being of service to you again when you are able to return to our area.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

the Villas are a great place for families or guest needing/wanting space. Full kitch, 1-2 bedroom with 1-2 full bathrooms, patios. Prpotery is walking distance to shopping center with a few restraunts and shops. Close enough to Old town.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for selecting our resort and for your great review and highest ratings of your stay in one of our Villas. These are great accommodations in a great location! We do hope that we will see you again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Our family spent a long weekend at one of the villas at the Hilton Resort and Villas in Scottsdale in mid September. I am a fan of Hilton resort and properties and found good ratings of this property here on TripAdvisor. We were in town for some personal business as well as a little mini-vacation and this location more than exceeded our expecations. Great location on Scottsdale Road, and near good shopping, restaurants and more.

We stayed in one of the villas which we were all very delighted with. Two bedrooms for privacy and baths off each bedroom, and a common living room/dining room/kitchen area for entertaining and to have our own meals in house if we wanted to. If you plan to have visitors in, this is a great set up. We found this villa clean, comfortable and very quiet and were also located next to a private pool for our area that had bar and food service as well. We had one person in our party who has a disability and the room was both suited for her needs as well as the proximity to the pool for easy access to the pool area. The front desk and other support staff were very welcoming and helpful all throughout our stay.

I ate twice at the Bluefire Grill, once for lunch and also for the sunday morning breakfast buffet. Excellent food and service both times. They also prepare the foods that are served in the pool areas and we had some pool side service as well that was excellent!

Whether you are in the main resort area or villas, this is a great spot to stay in Scottsdale and watch the Hilton web site for special deals during off season periods.

Room Tip: If you have anyone who has a disability, they do have rooms with ADA access and if you are staying i...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for being with us and for this great review of your stay in a Villa at our resort. We appreciate your many compliments of the Villa, the resort itself and the services and food provided by our staff. We do hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton for Labor Day weekend . It's a nice place and good price . I had breakfast and lunch on two occasions and IVAN was the man. He treated me and my family with such respect and made everyone feel like home . Always courteous and really friendly !

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Smithkevin

Thank you for being with us and for this very positive review and ratings of your stay at our resort. We greatly appreciate your compliments of your server in the Blue Fire restaurant, Ivan, and we will ensure that he is properly recognized and rewarded for his efforts. We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I am a meeting planner for the University of South Florida College of Public Health. I coordinated a 5 day educational event called the Fragile Infant Feeding Institute at the Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas in late June . The hotel and staff were amazing and truly exceeded my expectations. I would reccomend the Hilton Scottsdale to all of my friends, family, and colleagues!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for selecting our resort for your conference and for this excellent review, ratings and compliments of our property and staff. We look forward to being of service to you and your group again at our next opportunity.