“Nice hotel, nice area, nice staff!”

Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas
Ranked #27 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed October 20, 2011

My October 11th to October 14th 2011 stay here was the second time I have stayed in the hotel in the past 6 months. It is one of my very favorite hotels in Scottsdale! Although it is not a "mega resort" if you are looking for a really great hotel, with a smaller, more personalized feel, this is the place for you! First of all the rooms are very nice. The beds are comfortable and very clean and pretty. The outdoor pool/patio area is one of my favorites in town. This area is surrounded on all sides by the hotel. There are large palms, lots of seating around the pool, food and drink service at the pool, a pool bar area complete with television, and lots of outdoor patio/restaurant seating. The whole outdoor area has a very intimate, friendly feeling to it. The pool bar is open a good part of the day as well as late into the evening. The restaurant is quite good and even offers a buffet. The lobby has fresh coffee in the morning and cookies at night. Best of all....the staff at this hotel is THE BEST in town. The doorman even remembers me when I stay there. The front desk folks are eager to be of service. The people who work the bar, especially the blonde lady who works the pool bar most week days are fabulous. I cannot say enough good things about James, the hospitality man who takes care of the lobby amenities, shows people around, gives directions, and provides general help with whatever you need. He is TRULY a treasure. Additionally, the hotel is very centrally located between Old Town and North Scottsdale and is very close to many great restaurants! I normally bid on the four star hotels and come to Scottsdale most months but I always hope I get the Hilton Scottsdale Resort! I really love it!
Cylinda S. Irving, Tx

Room Tip: I have never had a pool view as I bid on rooms on Priceline but in my opinion it would be well worth...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Cylinda
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

Thank you for being with us and for this very "nice" review of our resort and staff. We look forward to passing your compliments onto our team members that were highlighted in your review and to properly recognize them for their efforts. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

We stayed here while attending our Niece's wedding. We stayed in one of the Villas with my brother and sister-in-law and it fit our needs perfectly. We were very pleased with the room and the cleanliness. This is a very nice property and we would definitely stay here again. The proximity to restaurants, shopping, etc. is a plus.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for selecting our resort for your stay, especially on such a wonderful occasion. We greatly appreciate your business and this very positive review. We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to Scottsdale.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

I'm only rating this place four stars because everything is expensive but there is nothing wrong with it. Check-in was fast and courteous. The room was adequate size and very well maintained. The hotel itself and the grounds were very well maintained. I had no complaints except for the cost of everything. I guess it's to be expected at a Hilton located in Scottsdale. Try restaurants close by instead of the ones in the hotel.

Room Tip: Use priceline.com
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Thank you for selecting our resort and for this positive review of the property and the service provided by our staff. Although pricing varies depending upon market and demand, our resort and our restaurant are considered moderately priced for the Scottsdale area. There are many resorts and restaurants around us that are much more expensive. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and do hope that you will be able to return again.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

This Hilton property has past its day. It's a tired Hotel charging 4 star prices. Don't pay extra for the patio rooms. You share the patio with the adjoining room/rooms. The walls are paper thin. Anyone sitting outside your room and talking normally will be heard inside. Not good if your trying to sleep. The restaurant food was marginal at best. Would not stay here again.

1  Thank FrankSandy
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Thank you for selecting our resort and for this feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize that we failed to live up to your expectations of a four star hotel. We are in the process of updating our guest rooms with new carpet, vinyl, paint and other touches, which will be completed by the end of this year. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to do better in the future and will come see the upgrades once they are completed.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

LOVED this hotel and I agree with a previous review regarding service!! Never have I stayed in any hotel where the staff was so nice, always smiling and SO easy to work with. Our stay began on a strange foot, we had made reservations at the SmokeTree and when we saw the exterior of that place, we ran! We ran straight into the Hilton and were welcomed and given a room minus reservation. Of course, I had to reveal my story about why we were there minus reservation and Smoketree soon became a great point of laughter.
When I needed to fax, I was taken care of personally at the front desk. Breakfast coupons were given to us for two days and that was just fabulous to be able to eat a fresh breakfast. Service was excellent for breakfast and everyone was so nice. :-)
The room was perfect, the AC worked and was not noisy and the insulation between the rooms was good. The decor may be dated but I do not see it taking away from the foundation of what the hotel offers, service with a smile. What a nice refreshing stay and thank you for taking us in.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
doubletree1, Owner at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Thank you for finding us when your original plans were not what you expected them to be. We greatly appreciate your business and this excellent review of our resort and especially of the service and friendliness provided by our staff. We hope that you will be able to return to our area again and, when you do, you will plan on staying with us again.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

The Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas offers a nice, comfortable stay in Scottsdale, close to shopping and walking distance to nice restaurants and boutique shops. The rooms were spacious enough with comfortable bedding. The only complaint I would have is the small bathroom, but easily worked around with 2 people. The pool area is pretty basic, but nice - once comment is that the water is cold at this time of year, I don't think they heat their pool. There is no pool service, but only a short walk to the pool bar. The bartender was very friendly and accomodating. They have ice cold water available with plenty of pool towels. There is a Fleming's right on-site, where we visited the bar for a few cocktails. Lots of parking available close to the lobby and rooms. I would suggest asking for the second floor, as the walls are thin and you can hear a lot of noise from the other rooms, especially if you are on the bottom floor. Overall - nice hotel. We would stay there again for a staycation.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

Thank you for selecting our resort for your "staycation" and for this positive review. We hope to see you back again on your next one.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

spent weekend at the hotel. hotel and staff are solid. bathrooms were small, remainder of room was comfortable.i do recommend as a hotel however if you are looking for a resort , i think to call this veruy solid hotel a "resort " is a misnomer.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for being with us and for this "solid" review of our resort and staff. We do hope that we will see you back again when your travels bring you to our area again.