“Nice place for informal business meetings.”
Review of Orange Tree Resort

Orange Tree Resort
Ranked #51 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Did not stay in a room so can not comment on that, but the lunch & dinner quality at the recently renovated Grove Grille & Lounge (the restaurant & bar) located onsite was above average & the area has a nice atmosphere. The big room has a lot of tables & chairs divided into two areas, not too noisy, not cluttered with a bunch of big TVs like a sports bar, it has pleasant front desk & concierge people, & easy access without a mile walk from the parking lot like some resorts. Standard selections of food & drinks.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Bruce H, Resort Manager at Orange Tree Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear 1Kenneth1,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent outing to the property. We hope you have the opportunity to return, and be our guest in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights as part of a family gathering. What really stands out it is the service. Warm, friendly, extremely helpful. Really gracious people. Every employee you pass on the property (and i mean everyone) said hello with a genuine smile. The rooms are also very nice. Large living room area, small kitchen area, and a seperate bedroom. The bed was a tempurapedic mattress and soooo comfortable. The bathroom was very large and well appointed. I would stay here again. One work of note - some of the rooms are quite far from parking and main area- not an issue if you want to get some exercise in.

Room Tip: all even rooms are upstairs and there is not elevator. If you need to be on the ground floor, specif...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Bruce H, Resort Manager at Orange Tree Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear YR-LGB,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on your recent stay with us! We were happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time here. Thank you especially for the comments about our staff. Our staff embraces our “Count on Me” culture and will be overjoyed at your kind comments, it will make their day!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We spent 14 nights at the Orange Tree Resort in Scottsdale. The rooms were oversized, very cleaned and good taste decorated.
Parking can be problematic if you need your car located near your room, especially after 19:00. The food at the club house is great, try the golf/steak special.
They will try at first to locate you at the fartest units, try yo get units below 600 with golf front configuration.
We will definetely come back.

Room Tip: Anything below the 600's.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Goldaero,

Thank you so much for the awesome feedback on your recent stay with us! We loved hearing that you enjoyed your time here. We do hope you will come back and visit us again sometime soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I'm unsure why Orange Tree has had some negative reviews- this is one of the nicest places I've stayed in, especially for the price!

I would say- some of the rooms are a long walk from the car park, however, bell boys are driving around in golf carts and are always available to pick you up.

The room I stayed in was very big (especially, for my European standards ;) ). A nice living space / bedroom, with a beautiful hot tub, large walk in shower and also a deck.

I would definitely stay here again if I came back to Scottsdale.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Marc R

Dear Marc R,

Thank you for your kind comments in regards to your recent stay at our property! We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We absolutely hope to welcome you back soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Nothing special. Rooms were really big but that doesn't make up for average service, tiny TVs, mediocre cleanliness, and overall feeling like you are stuck in the 1980's. To be fair, nothing was terrible. I didn't spend the long weekend miserable or talking about the hotel...it was just blah and could have been better. We hung out at the pool and we golfed. The pool was nice, but that is what I would expect. The golf course was ok layout, ok/poor shape. I rate things a 3 when I feel totally neutral. I would never recommend the place to anyone I know, but I am not going to go around complaining about it either.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jtgraddy

Dear jtgraddy,

Thank you for your review of the Orange Tree Resort. We are glad you choose to visit us for your long weekend. We take great pride in providing clean, comfortable accommodations, and I am sorry we feel a little short in this area. We are planning an upcoming renovation so we'd love it if you can come back in the future to check us out!

Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I purchased a special groupon for the Orange Tree Golf Resort in Scottsdale for only one night, and after staying, I wish we had booked the entire weekend. Check in was easy, they let us check in early, Klayton at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The concierge did the usual "try to get us to attend the vacation club seminar" which we politely declined.
I must say I was impressed with the Bell service. We were golf carted to our car where we picked up our bags and then to the room. Dave the bellman was very nice and he brought out bags up, showed us the features of the room, and even set up our bags on the stands! I haven't even received that kind of service in some of the upscale resorts in this state, so it was nice to get the treatment you pay for!!
The room was great! So spacious! Comfortable tempurpedic bed, huge sectional couch, kitchenette, and a bathroom with large walk in shower and gigantic jetted tub (big enough for 2) :) bathroom perhaps could have used a little updating, and the pool was a little run down but overall a really great experience!
We were told Wyndham has recently purchased the property. I hope they keep the service intact. I have stayed at Wyndham before and have been disappointed in the service! Don't change the attitude and give those hard working bellman a raise!
We'll be back we hope!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Bboutin,

Your compliments are much appreciated, and we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time here. Our associates take pride in exceeding our guests’ expectations, and I will definitely share your comments with them. I am happy to report that plans are in place to renovate many areas of the resort next year, including our pool.

We hope that you will be back as well.

All the best,

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed at the Orange Tree Golf Resort while my husband was having surgery at Mayo Clinic Hospital. I have stayed at Orange Tree many times in the past and enjoy staying at this resort. The staff is great and the rooms are large, comfortable and tastefully decorated. The location of the resort is perfect... you can get to many restaurants, shopping areas and sights from Orange Tree.

Other reviewers have commented on the age and state of the property and their comments are on target. The property is old and the exterior of the resort could use a good power wash, paint, some concrete repairs and new plantings. The rooms themselves are updated except for the shower areas of the bathrooms which desperately need new plumbing fixtures and shower heads that are not so low. I am only 5'6" and had to duck to rinse the soap from my hair. I had no problem with hot water.....but couldn't control the temperature in the shower very well. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean.

I am not sure that I would want to stay at Orange Tree for a luxurious, upscale vacation but for my purpose it works very well. I come here every time I need to be in Phoenix for business or for a couple of days of shopping or a Mayo appointment. I would have probably given it 3-1/2 stars if Trip Advisor had this option.

Room Tip: Parking is an issue here, so if you don't want to walk very far from the lot, ask for a room clo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Donna R

Dear Donna R

We're so glad you enjoyed your visit to the Orange Tree Resort. And you said it right - we do feel we are in a perfect location. Scottsdale is certainly a great place, and like you said, it is convenient to get to so many places quickly from our resort. We are also happy to hear that the staff was great and you found our rooms to be comfortable.

I am excited to share that we will be undergoing renovations to many areas of the resort next year, including updates to our guest rooms, some of which are currently taking place. These updates include new in room lighting, in room amenities and the installation of new shower heads.

Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to having you return in the future.