“Overall A Good Experience”

Orange Tree Golf Resort
Ranked #51 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Danville, CA
“Overall A Good Experience”
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Booked hotel through Expedia. Had stayed here five years or so, before the rooms had been renovated. It is a timeshare resort through Shell Vacations, although we booked only a four night stay. I was traveling with my 88 year old father and was awrae that the two story accommodations do not have elevators and that there are complaints about the distance one has to travel from the parking lot to the room, depending on location. So, I contacted the resort ahead of time to request two adjacent ground floor units close to the main parking area. We were so accommodated, although I also requested a golf course view and was told those rooms were sold out (they are an upgrade). The rooms are very nice, very spacious. We were given two rooms with two double beds which was fine for my father, but not for my wife and I. When we asked for a room with a king, we were told there were none available but that they would check into availability the next day...which they never followed through on. The living rooms have a fold out couch, flat screen TV, full size refrigerator, microwave and dishes and utensils. The rooms also have a small patio. The only pool is at the far end of the resort and has a bar that closes at 7pm. They serve hamburgers and hot dogs. The pro shop has a kind of restaurant where they serve limited breakfast choices and lunch choices from 7am to 7pm. The golf course is in very good shape but pricey this time of year. One nice feature is free DVDs that were very current. Only other complaint besides the double beds and lack of follow through was that my father's room was very hot (80 degrees) and we couldn't get the A/C to come on. It was Saturday evening and we were told that engineering had gone home but they would look into it the first think the next morning...which they never did...but we managed to get it working the next day. It's a little surprising that a "resort" of this size would not have a better restaurant. Other than the lack of follow up in the areas mentioned, the service was otherwise very good and the staff very friendly. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank SteveDanvilleCA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Arabic first
Edmonton
Reviewed March 3, 2011

I really don't have too many bad things to say, i did enjoy my time at the golf resort however the sleep situation was not good at all, the bed and pillows were not comfortable, however Randell the Valet supervisor was fantastic long with Chris at the front desk, as they helped me with all of my needs. The rooms were big and newly renovated but more along a 3star renovation. So if you are looking to play golf it's great the location is good! Also the Internet did not work in my room, i had to go out to the pool...i would have liked the internet usage in my room.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Wallingford, Connecticut
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Everyone was very friendly...The bed was comfortable, and the parking was not as bad as I thought it would be..What impressed my family the most was the housekeeping, excellent job..very clean place....

• Stayed February 2011
Fresno, California
Reviewed February 12, 2011

We recently stayed at this condo and were VERY pleased with this place. The units are at least 500 square feet or more and have a separate living and bedroom, also a granite countered bath with two sinks, large whirlpool tub, and separate shower. Decorated in modern decor, other amenities include a temperpedic mattress, large refrigerator, sink, microwave, dishes/towels, coffee maker, outdoor patio with 2 lounge chairs, several windows, two flatscreen tvs (one in bdrm is small), soaps, shampoo, tasteful modern art. Each unit has a separate outdoor entry which gives some extra privacy. Everything was super clean and we didn't want to leave after our three nights there! (One drawback is parking. You have to walk a little way to your unit so wouldn't recommend if you have handicap.) Staff was courteous and helpful. Altogether an Excellent place to stay in Scottsdale!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Shell_Hospitality, Manager at Orange Tree Golf Resort, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
Thank you JavaDrinker48 for your wonderful review.

It makes us feel good to know you enjoyed your stay with us (and didn't want to leave!). We will pass your kind words along to the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Scottsdale, Arizona!
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed February 4, 2011

I booked my trip through Priceline... and if you've ever done that, well it can be kinda scary as you never know what kind of place your getting. WE ARE IN LOVE with this resort!!! My husband told me numerous times that "I did a good job!" We had never stayed here before but I did read the reviews and I guess prior to their renovating is was kind of "questionable." I overheard the front desk telling someone that all the rooms had been renovated and it shows!!! Very relaxing. It wouldn't go without saying about the parking issue/problem, but they have golf carts that take you to/from your room and if it's late at night the security on duty will gladly take you. It wasn't a big deal for us. We will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I come down to Phoenix usually 3 times a year and have stayed at many hotels and resorts. This was my first time at the Orange Tree and I think I will stay here from now on. The customer service is excellent and hotel staff catered to my every request with professionalism and friendliness. The rooms are big and quality of the furnishings nice. I LOVED the jacuzzi tub and huge walk in shower. The grounds are nice and there were always deck chairs available at the pool. The location is excellent - right in central Scottsdale and close to everything. My only negative would be the very small fitness room, however, they do have a partnership (for a small fee) with a nearby fitness club that is huge and offers a wide variety of fitness classes. Overall very impressed and would definitely come back!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Shell_Hospitality, Manager at Orange Tree Golf Resort, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Gypsy604, thank you for your kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of the all the features of the rooms & resort. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Scottsdale!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 24, 2010

We stayed for 4 night in the middle of July 2010. The beds are amazing and the condo layout was good. The bathroom was very spacious and the shower is walk in oversized - no door.

We enjoyed the pool - not too crowded. The pool restaurant was not open some evenings so we ordered pizza and had them deliver directly to the pool area. I wish there were more activities going on for the kids such as movie nights, ice cream socials, games, etc. The condo did not have a washer/dryer but they are available close to the pool.

The location is great in Scottsdale close to everything. It is also close to several restaurants including Claim Jumper which we love. Depending on the location of your unit - parking could be a problem. Also, the lighting at night around the condo is not adequate. They use very low wattage night lights that are horrible for outdoor lighting.

Overall, a nice resort I would recommend and visit again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank trvlfan2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
Scottsdale Links Resort
Scottsdale Plaza Resort
Scottsdale Plaza Resort
#20 of 75 in Scottsdale
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale

Been to Orange Tree Golf Resort? Share your experiences!