Being a Hyatt Gold Passport member fro 15 years, and spending around 40 nights per year in various Hyatt Hotels all over the world, I feel I know what to expect from a Hyatt resort.
However, this short 3 nights stay at Scottsdale was such a disappointment that I will reconsider where to stay for my next 15 years of travelling.
The resort itself is really nice, several fire places, nice bars, excellent concierge assistance and nice people at the tennis area.
That is nothing but the normal level to expect from a Hyatt resort in Scottsdale....
The room was under standart, the balcony was full of water due to some leaks, the view (I requested nice view room) was over the empty children swimming pool with a piece of mountain view.
And then, the first day we went to the main swimming pool for half an hour. In the evening, one of my kids had his vision troubled for 2 hours, the 4 of us smelled chlorine for the next 24 hours and all our bathing suits lost their colors.......
Some problem with the maintenance of the pool I would say, OK it can happen. However, what is not acceptable is that I still wait to hear from the hotel management after I put a claim over the phone, by e-mail and by fax, the day after all this happened.
They did not even bother to give a call to present some kind of explanation to the insane level of chlorine used in their pool on this day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst flowering cactus, breathtaking sunsets and framed against the majestic McDowell Mountains, Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa features a 2 1/2-acre "water playground", 27 holes of championship golf, world-class tennis, Spa, the Native American Learning and Environmental Center, an international art collection and four distinctively different restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort And Spa At Gainey Ranch Hotel Scottsdale
- Gainey Ranch
- Hyatt Gainey Ranch Resort